Wing Flags... Rules Please

Status
Not open for further replies.
you realize TU's mission statement at the moment is "competing with DB for population."

That should tell you something.

Last edited:
The policy will be cleared up and posted on front page according to Cyzaine. Thank-you, thats all that I think needs to be done and then I'd like to forget about it.

As for everyone knowing the rule except these guys.. the 2/3rds applying only if conflict between competing guilds came from someone in Twilight Underground... and when it was said nobody from TU disputed it... ironic eh..

That sounds like tinfoiling to meh !!!

Two different raids w/o 2/3 flagged tried to kill Ferdolen 2 days in a row. The only reason the first raid got kicked out was b/c someone petitioned it. Do gm's only check for flags when someone petitions?

As for everyone knowing the rule except these guys.. the 2/3rds applying only if conflict between competing guilds came from someone in Twilight Underground... and when it was said nobody from TU disputed it... ironic eh..

Yes, I plan on jailing all of TU for spreading false rumors. 6 months minimum.

the 2/3rds applying only if conflict between competing guilds came from someone in Twilight Underground

I've heard this version of the rule too and I like it the best because its an extra convoluted version of "its only illegal if you get caught".

Only because you are a moron. The OP volunteered to get jailed, and Kakos said thanks for posting rules in an easy to find place, and Zedaine said that TU is accepting noobs. Try to keep up.

I try but alas you seem to excel moar in that department.

Oh and that was sarcasm also, the tinfoiling thing.

Thanks for the good words, makes me feel warm and fuzzy on the inside.

Last thing I wanted here is a witch hunt

There is ample reasons why the 2/3rds rule was misunderstood.. I've witnessed /ooc spammed during prime time for a good half an hour with a mercy raid asking for someone keyed to join them..

I cited this example when asking how the new 6 man rule applied to a guild that was not keyed for mercy in the policy question thread... I did not get an answer.. you would think someone there would pipe up and say, wait a minute they can't raid mercy if they don't have 2/3rds keyed. There were tons of pick up raids in the past with only 1 group or one person keyed for mercy/nightmare... and other zones... Often the mercy pickup raids were advertised in /ooc for a good couple of hours before hand... I have a hard time believing no GM ever saw this. This was widespread and has been going on forever

Instead of hunting people down I think a better course of action would be to just fix the policy section and forget it... the front page rule section even says to go to the policy section for clarification on obscure rules not covered... they missed this one. I'm not beating a dead horse, this is a different request.. don't do a witch hunt please, I don't believe it's fair.

Last thing I wanted here is a witch hunt

There is ample reasons why the 2/3rds rule was misunderstood.. I've witnessed /ooc spammed during prime time for a good half an hour with a mercy raid asking for someone keyed to join them..

I cited this example when asking how the new 6 man rule applied to a guild that was not keyed for mercy in the policy question thread... I did not get an answer.. you would think someone there would pipe up and say, wait a minute they can't raid mercy if they don't have 2/3rds keyed. There were tons of pick up raids in the past with only 1 group or one person keyed for mercy/nightmare... and other zones... Often the mercy pickup raids were advertised in /ooc for a good couple of hours before hand... I have a hard time believing no GM ever saw this. This was widespread and has been going on forever

Instead of hunting people down I think a better course of action would be to just fix the policy section and forget it... the front page rule section even says to go to the policy section for clarification on obscure rules not covered... they missed this one. I'm not beating a dead horse, this is a different request.. don't do a witch hunt please, I don't believe it's fair.

Agreed. It has been the case and that is pretty unfortunate, about the nightmare/CoM pugs. It is also unfortunate that you guys got punished for it but not the others. Probably just a matter of petitions Kakos.

Agreed. It has been the case and that is pretty unfortunate, about the nightmare/CoM pugs. It is also unfortunate that you guys got punished for it but not the others. Probably just a matter of petitions Kakos.

Thanks, but I didn't mean myself.. I meant I didn't want to see a bunch of 6 month jailings handed down... that would be excessive and unfair considering that the rules were not posted in the policy section, the /ooc regarding unkeyed pickup raids, and the post I did asking about a mercy raid asking for someone to come who is keyed not being answered by the GMs.. I believe a lot of people genuinely misunderstood the rule or did not know about it at all...

Thanks, but I didn't mean myself.. I meant I didn't want to see a bunch of 6 month jailings handed down... that would be excessive and unfair considering that the rules were not posted in the policy section, the /ooc regarding unkeyed pickup raids, and the post I did asking about a mercy raid asking for someone to come who is keyed not being answered by the GMs.. I believe a lot of people genuinely misunderstood the rule or did not know about it at all...

As I recall at some point in time in Exodus we were 7-8 in CoM and someone OOCed for a keyer, but in that case it was for a quest mob. I'm not sure if it follows the same rules but we never got in anyway.

But yeah, It could be made clearer or someone should enforce this regularly because there has been a lot of exploitations, and everyone is guilty or witness and/or actually exploiting.

Thanks, but I didn't mean myself.. I meant I didn't want to see a bunch of 6 month jailings handed down... that would be excessive and unfair considering that the rules were not posted in the policy section

well either it was unfair to jail you guys, or it's unfair to -not- jail everyone else that's been breaking this rule.

either way as it stands, things are unfair

although you're probably right, the best solution is to just make the rules extremely clear to everyone upfront rather than hunting down everyone that's broken a rule in the past

still.. unfairness abound :S

also... no offense to Retribution but regarding that incident that happened with Exodus in CoM. You guys were pretty darned aware of the rules regarding keying/jumping content because when Uzzdaar / Nexess asked for a keyer to come, you guys shouted some crap refering to the rules so I don't think not knowing them is really an excuse in this case lol.

Tough one :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom