We All Love Monks, Here

I'm happy for you that you can read your battle spam and calculate ~500 dps of a difference in real-time. I never said you were wrong. I said it helps to have parses to back things up and bring actual evidence.

I haven't been raiding, but my farming path went from 25 minutes a clear with barefist to 35 minutes. It's about 30 minutes with weapons. It been fun using weapons I never did before, but I miss my dps.

Just start over. If the class is broken don't try to tape the nasty old bandaid back on them. Revert monks to whatever they default as with 2.5 and begin Monk Revision Cycle 3 or 4 or whatever it is. It is crazy that this thread went 25+ pages and so many fundamental questions remain. Have whoever did the Beastlord changes handle Monks.

Need parsing mobs (and hate generation) freely available and not something that requires individual dev attention.
There are (or at least there were, pre-2.5) a couple known parse mobs that I used to compare various weapon setups, different classes under different circumstances, various buff effects, etc. but they are basically closely-guarded secrets because every time a similar mob became public knowledge, the devs broke it or removed it from the game. For whatever reason the people running this server don't like players being able to actually check things themselves. In all the years of me asking for target dummies or official parse mobs of some sort, the ONLY time I ever actually got a real parse mob was when Slaar was implementing the combo system and he asked in ooc for bored monks. I got to attack a thing for about 5 minutes and was supposed to give him feedback on half a dozen new combos based on that lol.

I mean.... I'm obviously on monks' side on this issue, but read the vast majority of threads on these boards (or even just this thread) wanting something fixed, and then ask yourself if you were in a dev's shoes, would you be in any big hurry to give people more tools to have something to rudely bitch about? And whenever your free time portion of a day starts, think to yourself, would you be in a hurry to think, 'boy, I really want to spend the next few hours working on coding stuff to fix something for the group of guys that just spent 12 posts talking about what a big asshole I am?'

I'm playing devil's advocate here, but sitting here with two 6 year olds complaining about the breakfast I just spent time to cook put me into the perfect mindset for this kind of post, heh. Honestly though, if we worked on the way we asked for things, and maybe even coached the people lacking the social skills required to post something and not sound like an asshole, just maybe a little more might get done. Or at the very least the devs might be a little less stressed while spending tons of their free time working to do things for us for free.

(this wasn't necessarily directed at any recent post in this thread (or /ooc...), but kind of a friendly reminder that some of our suggestions and requests might do more harm than good. This thread as a whole is full of those kinds of posts.)

(my children subconsciously apologize for getting me all ranty...)

This thread has nearly 600 posts and only a handful are rude/insulting. Most are pretty constructive and polite which I think is impressive given the lack of dev feedback and fixes. There are certainly examples of people getting frustrated and lashing out but not many. You and I must be reading different threads I guess.

Most of the bitchy posts are to/from Nebi while he's trolling anyway and aren't really directed at the devs or the monk changes at all.

It's been about a month, has anyone heard any discussion about addressing barefist damage? I've seen it brought up in OOC a couple of times, first with Taryth telling us to ask Slaar, then Slaar reporting twice that 'The code looks right'. I understand they were busy with many other more crippling bugs, and I appreciate the steady progress on fixes.

Looking at my parses, it seems that I hit as fast (maybe even a little faster) as in 2.0 but my average damage per hit has dropped from 140s - 150s to sub 100.

It's been about a month, has anyone heard any discussion about addressing barefist damage? I've seen it brought up in OOC a couple of times, first with Taryth telling us to ask Slaar, then Slaar reporting twice that 'The code looks right'. I understand they were busy with many other more crippling bugs, and I appreciate the steady progress on fixes.

Looking at my parses, it seems that I hit as fast (maybe even a little faster) as in 2.0 but my average damage per hit has dropped from 140s - 150s to sub 100.

its been almost 2 months now really and no. the only response from slaar is "it looks right". monks went from king dick melee dps to the little abortion that they are now.

It is not just fist damage, I have noticed a significant drop in flying kick damage too. I feel like my flying kick and h2h damage is around 40% of where it used to be. Easily got 125-175 damage on elds courtyard trash before 2.5, now I seem to top out at around 45-60. Flying kicks would get upwards of 250-300 damage now caps out at 150ish. I went from a valuable member of the raid group that would get boon/bonded to not being considered DPS anymore. I have been scrambling to get my hands on weapons just so I am not out DPS'd by a fresh ranger with 50 AA and a <t5 bow.

Last night did Tur'ruj. Sabuti was in the tunnels (doing ok'tar) and kept getting summoned by the boss. Both him and Fidel also kept ripping aggro like crazy on Tar'loc. Dunno about their dps situation, but aggro is whack. Same situation was happening when monk changes first went in originally in 2.0.

Back
Top Bottom