Valor B loot

Syalara

Dalayan Beginner
Ok, as I understand it, the names in B have something like a 70% chance to drop 2 loots, with 30% chance of dropping one. It seems to be higher to drop one loot, though we could just be unluckyish.

This was done to supposedly balance the fact that there arent alot of trash mobs leading up to the namers in B. But in reality it just seems like a ripoff. We all know how the RNG isnt exactly a fair mistress and one loot dropping combined with respawn times just exacerbates that issue.

The common loot in B is not anything to get all wet about in most cases, I dont see an issue with making it drop 2 loots normally, and if you want....just make the rare loots a tad rarer to balance that back out abit.

A guild needs to clear ALL of ValorA to even get into B, couple that with the time required to simply zone in a raidforce to B, and I would rather have more trash mobs to kill then seeing one loot when a namer drops, even if the method of arriving in B is changed in the future.

not more trash. Trash can be horrid with the RNG (aka last night when we did it).

The named are hard enough as is and should have 2 loots anyways, cause of that difficulty.

Time put into A to get key is enough time spent killin oodles of trash.

Currently the trash in Stronghold is damn hard, without revealing uber strats, is comparable to 2 IP statues or lower Thaz trash in certain ways. I definitely think 2 loots is necessary on each of the mobs, because it will take a long time to get with a string of 1 loot drops with commons taking up the bulk of them.

If more trash is needed, so be it, but compared to how long it takes to get to IP dragons and lower thaz minis (which are supposedly close tierwise) it takes about the same right now.

Last night we started a raid at 8pm, we got everyone into stronghold by 8:30 (we have 2 keys so it didnt take AS long) and we had killed 2 named raid mobs (no wipes), gotten 3 loots by 11pm or so, after which we cleared to Enthann, and finished around midnight or a little later.

I agree with Volk, the clear times are comparable with IP or Lower Thaz even tho the total numbers of mobs is lower.If extra trash has to be added for guaranteed 2 loot then dropping an extra mob in each chosen's room wouldn't be too horrible, even though I think it would be unnecessary

Wait, I'm hearing two primary arguments here:

1 - it takes a while to zone in (which is already due to be changed soon)
2 - the random number generator has not been kind to you in this respect, even though it's still a 70% chance

:psyduck:

No.

The primary issue is that dropping one loot is not a great idea in practice.

Especially considering what is required to kill the trash and namers there.

Fixing the port in was absolutely needed and dosent effect the primary issue.

Syalara said:
Fixing the port in was absolutely needed and dosent effect the primary issue.

In that case, you guys (not you in particular) ought not to include it in your arguments, because it distracts from any real points you may have.

Of the several things you've mentioned in this thread, only one of them (The trash is hard) holds much water, and only then if Enthann's loots aren't meant to compensate for the long clear, which I believe they in fact are--wold can correct me on that if I'm mistaken.

How much trash are we talking here? "Not much trash" followed by "the trash is hard" is kind of confusing; if the trash is sparse but hard, I don't see why the bosses drop 1 loot sometimes. Something seems amiss.

Xeldan said:
How much trash are we talking here?

Ruin will probably know this better, since we've only raided there once and had 6 trash mobs to clear (but it wasn't a full repop, since there were some other trash mobs up the next day). However the trash was very difficult and we had to continually rez & rebuff people to continue.

Comparing to IP trash mobs and lower thaz trash these seemed the hardest to me, at least counting the number of raid members' deaths.

The clearing and killing of the named was certainly difficult enough that the guild was sure that receiving only 1 loot had to be a bug.

I really like this zone so far, but I still don't think that the trials should only drop 1-2 loots just because Enthann (the final boss) makes up for it (admittedly I don't know the encounter or the loot). Really it should be made so that the nameds are interesting & worthwhile in themselves, rather than only where they lead to.

With the amount of effort it takes to a) Complete 4 trials & 2 nameds in ValorA & b) Kill 4 nameds in ValorB just to get to this final boss, it doesn't make sense not to fully reward people with the standard 2-3 loots during this entire time.

Please don't get me wrong, so far I have found the encounters in ValorA & the 1 we've completed in ValorB the most fun I've seen in this game. And I love Wold for already changing the click-in system so we can go back there & raid it alot more :)

The exact trash is:

1 three pull that is different from all the other trash

15 other mobs

The minimal to get to one named on a full repop would be 6 trash mobs, including the three pull (counted as one mob), then 2 more to get to another one, and to clear to the other nameds would be 5 more, and three on the way to Enthann himself.

That is rather alot of trash to clear considering the difficulty of it (& we haven't seen all of it yet).

Perhaps one possibility if the usual 2-3 loots thing is unsuitable would be to have an 100% chance of 2 loots.
That way the encounters are more worthwhile because you know you're not getting just 1 item, but you don't have the bonus of a possibility of 3.

I realise this is not diverse as loot was intended, but it may be an option :)

volvov2 said:
The exact trash is:

1 three pull that is different from all the other trash

15 other mobs

The minimal to get to one named on a full repop would be 6 trash mobs, including the three pull (counted as one mob), then 2 more to get to another one, and to clear to the other nameds would be 5 more, and three on the way to Enthann himself.

So 18 trash mobs total guarding 4-8 pieces of minis loot (ave 6-7) and then Enthann's loot himself?

5 mobs guard the main entrance hall, which leads to all other mobs, one of which is the 3 pull, 5 guards in each hallway that 2 chosen reside in, and then 3 on the way to enthann (you'd have to clear one of the halls of at least 3 mobs to get to his hallway).

volvov2 said:
5 mobs guard the main entrance hall, which leads to all other mobs, one of which is the 3 pull, 5 guards in each hallway that 2 chosen reside in, and then 3 on the way to enthann (you'd have to clear one of the halls of at least 3 mobs to get to his hallway).

5 + 3 + 5 + 5 + 3, so 21 mobs total guarding 6-7 minis loots and then Enthann's loots. Am I counting correctly?

Thinkmeats said:
5 + 3 + 5 + 5 + 3, so 21 mobs total guarding 6-7 minis loots and then Enthann's loots. Am I counting correctly?

The bolded 3 is included in the 5 already. Sorry it wasnt more clear but I was trying to avoid explaining why the 3 pull is special. I'd like other guilds to figure it out for themselves. ;)

I must stress that this trash is by no means easy, especially if you get unlucky, some fights can go on for a long time due to how the RNG rolls. If adding trash is what it takes to make each mob drop 2 pieces of loot, then thats fine, but I think it takes long enough already, at least on a full pop. If trash is already down, it could be cut down considerably, but that goes for any zone, like prison or torment, etc etc.

5 = entrance
5 = 1st hallway
5 = 2nd hallway
3 = 3rd hallway (to Enthann)

I am going to add a few trash and make the loot drop 2 each with no diversity bonus.

I overcompensated for the zone being so small by both making the trash hard AND making the loot drop less. Going to up the former and get rid of the latter.

Back
Top Bottom