Vah quest tree ultra megathread

Yeah you aren't supposed to keep the loot from names, I guess TM just never really fixed their loot tables.

i havent gotten my crap working yet :[

they really shouldn't be doing that, pester woldaff to fix it for now (it'll be simple, and he knows how to find me if he has trouble)

I have completed all 8 banners and I am unable to get the traveler to start the final quest dialogue.

Am I missing something?

Halp :(

EDIT #1-

I've been going through every possible quest dialogue I can find for every Vah house. If it helps, I get the prompt to ask these two questions, but when asked I get no response:

Yejhana Rehn:
"You remarried? There's a lot more to the story, isn't there?"
no response.

a traveller
"Did Arch Theron Nika know that the vah were holed up in the caves when he learned of the lands' of magic imminent destruction?"
no response.

I am sure I have completed these two dialogue options when doing Yejhana's banner quest but they are present still and the only vah dialogue options in the entire encampment that yield no response.

Yejhana also gives me the lodestone quest a second time, along with a second lodestone, even though I have completed it previously.

EDIT #2-

Also, if it helps, the 4 dialogue options I have for the traveler are as follows -

- (D1) "Who are the Vahir, anyway?
- (D2) "You might have Shaylan fooled, but not me. What's your part in this?
- (D3) "I know who you are, traveller"
- (D4) "Did Arch Theron Nika know that the vah were holed up in the caves when he learned of the lands' of magic imminent destruction?"

My journal under The Vah currently reads:

"The traveller wants me to learn the stories of the vah in the encampment before we continue. After that, she says there is one final task to complete"

The only flagging issues I've encountered previously with the vah line were with the Vahir, and one minor issue with Hyvek Vahl explained here: http://forum.shardsofdalaya.com/showthread.php?t=16671

Let me know if I need to supply anymore information. Any assistance on this issue would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Cinn

Last edited:
I'm wondering when City of Mercy will be accessible to non-Althuna worshippers. The quest text for the sword still tells me that I need to figure out how to reach it.

I didn't try because I didn't want to spend the cash, but I'm pretty sure you can get there already even if you don't worship Althuna.
Unless I'm mistaken.

You can't get there if you aren't a worshipper. Also those sworn to Marlow have to pay three times the Althuna followers' price for the spell.

I triggered a quest from Mira Shahar. She gave me 4 black roses + a parchment but my inventory was full. I could accept only 1 rose. I checked my bank but nothing was there, so I'm SoL at the moment.

If I hail her again, I get the following text : "Mira gives you 4 black roses and a small parchment with a list of names on it".
But I don't have them in inventory.

Can I get some help here ?

Character name : Yona

I went to do the DN assassination. I engaged based on the terms listed for that target by Mira; however, I received no text from the mob when I handed in the rose and the rose was not returned to me. Neither did Mira arrive when the target died.

Do I need to petition with the details, or perhaps send someone a pm with the details?

Also, I am short a rose now that the mob ate it and Mira isn't giving out any more.

I went to do the DN assassination. I engaged based on the terms listed for that target by Mira; however, I received no text from the mob when I handed in the rose and the rose was not returned to me. Neither did Mira arrive when the target died.

Do I need to petition with the details, or perhaps send someone a pm with the details?

Also, I am short a rose now that the mob ate it and Mira isn't giving out any more.

although I'm not TM, the mob should always give you back the rose. other than that, it sounds like a straight up fail to me.

Well if it's a fail, then her quest text also is misleading as she directly states I need not worry about alerting his guards, just don't kill them.

I did the Si`Thl`Li`Thara bloack rose hand-in and kill, and I got the "You have fulfilled the first part of Mira's requirements" message.

When I talk to Mira, though, she still tells me to go kill the spider. She says nothing differently than before, my journal hasn't updated, and I can't seem to get the quest to progess. Help please!

Am I missing something?

Halp :(

when asked I get no response:

Yejhana Rehn:
"You remarried? There's a lot more to the story, isn't there?"
no response.

Yejhana also gives me the lodestone quest a second time, along with a second lodestone, even though I have completed it previously.

Thanks,
Cinn

So is there supposed to be answer after that?

Gelu: Vah Quest - Traveler Weapons
I recovered the the two weapons. Had The Traveler do something to them. She gave them back and sent me to kill Pracelan after i fed them to him.

I gave pracelan the two daggers. He did not give me back the daggers so by the way the text is in the game that says "you must feed them to Pracelan the Devourer, than kill him to get them back." Well i feed it to him killed him and he did not give them back or had them on the corpse. I had a petition for over 6 hours and one gm talked to me and could do nothing and the traveler wont help me with new weapons cuz i already handed her the weapons. If I could get the weapons back so i could rekill Pracelan that would be fine but i would rather just move on with the quest so having the magical weapon would be better.

EQ000049.jpg
[/IMG]

parc resets himself, but the quest script detects if a wipe has taken place and re-does the upgrade--IF you cast any spell, be it proc or otherwise, on parcelan; this is not the best way to do it script-wise, but at the time this was coded, it was so

judging by your loadout in the screenshot, you did not have occasion to cast anything on the monster, and so it did not "remember" that you had engaged it

sorry, and i will probably recode it now that we have the ability to do so; if you want, you guys can certainly have a gm pop you a parc clone outside the normal spawn timer (just no lootin' its real drops since you already got those), but you do have to beat the upgraded parcelan to continue in the quest

so the person who handed him the swords needs to cast the spell on him. not just someone in the group

the quest bugged out again. I talk to mira and did the steak quest. i have four cooked steaks in the bank but she wont give me assassination quest. I turned in 8 steaks. and got that i completed the quest but she wont give me the next set of quest to do.

EQ000050.jpg
[/IMG]

Last edited:
EQ000051.jpg

this is the second time i did this quest of Steaks yet she wont stay completed so i can't move on to the assassination part of the quest. If there is a way to flag me so i can move on in the quest that would be great.

Hello, on my main Stever, I recently collected the items needed to complete the "Arrows don't grow on trees" sidequest given by Sorysia Laythen at the vah camp in Swastes. I have tried to get the correct dialogue/flag by saying "key phrases" to prompt the quest, but nothing has seemed to work. I even tried just handing her the 3 items that she asked for, but she won't accept them and just hands them back to me. I think my flags are just messed up but I'm not really sure. I know I already talked to TM about it but this is just like a little reminder. Thanks for your time!

Back
Top Bottom