Upcoming Pet Improvements

Pets are still totally squishy. I wish the tome that added AC to pets would go higher than 25%. I would do four ranks, all the way to 100%. Pets do not scale with the player in terms of tank ability minus a few extra HP with companion health which really doesn't help much at all.

Persistent pet equipment could be fun, as in, rework pet gear, add new pet gear drops and rebalance it a bit and make pet gear manageable and last when you resummon the pet.

Or just combining pet strength and health into 1 focus. Ranger class tome to add 1000/2000/3000/4000 hp with 2/4/6/8% spell mitigation. Add a “Companion Bound Health” from Logistician in Refugee/Murk that adds 25% of your hp to your pet. There are so many fixes for pets that could be done to help with survivability/play style.

My biggest problem with pets is the total lack of scaling for pet survivability. My enc's ancient pet was nice when I was a fresh 65 hunting rats in dragon necropolis. Now it just dies in a matter of seconds.

I don't think the DPS is an issue. There are runic pets that seem to do pretty nice damage so that works and we have companion strength which seems effective. It's the tank ability. I heard a mage talking about how their runic pet couldn't even tank in elds.

The persistent pet gear woot suggested sounds fun honestly. It would give another little thing to work on and could give some choices such as whether to get more DPS gear or more tank gear or something else that is unique. It sounds more interesting than giving more ranks of companion bound armour. Though it also seems easier to overgear a pet which makes it much more difficult to balance. Maybe a combination of the two?

I don't think the DPS is an issue. There are runic pets that seem to do pretty nice damage so that works and we have companion strength which seems effective. It's the tank ability. I heard a mage talking about how their runic pet couldn't even tank in elds.

Allow me to tell you about mage pets tanking tier 14 raid bosses

Or just combining pet strength and health into 1 focus. Ranger class tome to add 1000/2000/3000/4000 hp with 2/4/6/8% spell mitigation. Add a “Companion Bound Health” from Logistician in Refugee/Murk that adds 25% of your hp to your pet. There are so many fixes for pets that could be done to help with survivability/play style.
Do not waste Skaoli's third class tome on what should just be innate. All the other suggestions are viable.

Back
Top Bottom