Solosolki

This is awful. I don't really have words to say how much this sucks but my condolences go out to his friends and family. Solo was a good friend and great player. Genuinely cool dude.

It is my old SOD friends like Solo who made this game worth playing. It hurts so deeply that I'll never hear his voice again.

Love you dude, and thank you for all the great times together.

Pretty disturbing news. One of my very oldest friends in SoD. He was probably the main reason I played so much. So many nights playing together and hanging out in Vent talking nonsense. The last time I talked to him was about a month ago. We always talked about me flying out to his neck of the woods and going fishing. I guess that will have to wait.

RIP in peace old friend, you will be missed.

D8P7Ql.jpg

Gabe was a great friend that would keep in touch regularly, even though I haven't played SoD in years. As recently as a few weeks ago, Gabe would randomly contact me on Facebook, about life, and returning to SoD to slay dragons. I was certain there would be an in-game reunion some day.... Condolences to all friends and family closest to him, suffering from this terrible loss.

Wow, that sucks. Solosolki was an awesome person and will definitely be missed. I wish his family the best. I enjoyed raiding with him and just chatting. R.I.P. friend.

It looks like there will be a memorial service this Sunday, I assume in or near Greensboro NC. I will post more details as I have them. I would encourage anyone in the area to attend to support his family.

Solo was a good person, when he was bored on SoD he would offer his hand in helping others just to kill time. He also helped me farm Stryda's Supreme and never asked for anything in return. Spent countless hours with him just slaying monsters and bullshitting around. Never thought I would have to say goodbye to a brother so soon. RIP Solo. You will be missed.

I am planning on attending the service and I think it would be nice if we could give his family some sort of statement from the community to let them know how big a deal he was here and how much he will be missed. It is on Sunday at 4PM in chapel hill NC, Please PM me if you would like to attend and need the address.

Last edited:
I wish it was easy for me to attend the service. I would like to have been there. However, I made some music tonight and dedicated it to Solosolki. Take a listen if you wish.

Wow just saw this, damn. I never had a single negative experience with Solo, one of the most fun dudes I've played with in SoD or any other game. You'll be missed bro :(

Hi, I am <Solos> aunt. We would like to add some information about the work he was doing developing game stories in his obituary, but do not really know or understand what he was doing. Cxxxxx said you would know more about it - could you possibly write up a sentence or two about it? Not so much technical but about his passion and success? Thank you, Jxxxx Fxxxx

Surely someone in this community is good at all that read'n 'n words n'stuff so get something put together. 2 eloquent lines about passion/dedication to his hobby and the community here. chop chop

One time Solo was accepting bets in duels in Athica so I challenged him on my warrior , I fought hard and by hitting his pet used driving strike twice. He clickied me to death by the time I brought him to like 10%. Was hysterical, will be missed greatly.

This is sad news. :(

Me and Satrig still consider one snipe Solo made happen ages ago as one of the best memories of our time in SoD. Where Solo, back in FWF, out of nowhere made us get a full raid online on euro hours when Exodus was forming up outside TurRuj and have all FWF members to port in at the exact same time and run past Exo that had no idea what was going on until it was too late. I still recall him making the calls in vent and /gu "Melees, start casting gate items!" "Casters cast your gate spell NOW!" "If you camped outside TurRuj, hit enter NOW!" Just to time so that we all got into position at the same time to snipe the zone.

This was really sad to read, Solo was a legit dude - really awesome of you guys to post stuff and reach out to provide good memories to his family.

Solo used to hang out in sadri malath near the bank area on his down time, Perhaps a kind dev would be able to add a quest npc or merchant to sadri honoring him or just sitting around always in wait for the next raid or to help someone progress. Or maybe a wizard spell named after him.

I'm sorry I am just seeing the request for dev info now.

Gabe was absolutely passionate about making the game fun for everyone. He was working at adding new content so that the game continued to unfold, and that more of the story could be told. One of the things I personally appreciated about him being with us was his desire to explain his perspective and represent what he saw as an important view point. Having that divergence of views, to me, led to a better game, because he challenged us all to look at things in a different way. I have always respected people like him who are willing to do that.

The best tribute we can pay to him is to release the stuff he was working on. I can assure the entire community and his family that there will be lasting tribute paid to him and his legacy. I think the personal stories we've seen shared are a testament to what a good guy he really was. We miss him greatly, and are thankful for the enjoyment he brought to all of us.

Taryth

Back
Top Bottom