Serious Debation Rumbletorium Arguedome 2007

Thinkmeats said:
look if you were at least going commando i could understand it but briefs? what are you, eight years old? real men wear boxers

What happened to my qoute!?!?!? :psyduck:

Spiritplx said:
Man, now I know how Christians feel when they try to convince me of the existence of this God character.

I fired one of my RA's on tuesday because she refused to do her job based on some idiotic mormon ideology. I told her to pass out flyers for an event I was interested in about a speaker coming to my school, and she made this huge deal about it. She was saying shit like I'm never listening to you again, I'm never passing out your atheist propaganda, I'm going to try and get you fired, etc.

After her little tirade of about 2 minutes, I just simply said "You're fired." It was a great moment. For insubordination, not because she's a mormon, of course.

1/3 = .3333... in some sense, but only in terms of explaining a very complicated idea in simple terms. trying to convert that extremely complicated infinite number into a simple and finite fraction is useful for many reasons, but not this one because we are trying to examine .3333... now if you took this decimal number, and converted it into a fraction, can you make that fraction into 1/3? no you cant, because its an infinite number. now, if you understand how equality works, you should see that since it is impossible to turn the .3333... into 1/3rd, but possible to turn 1/3 into .3333.... that the idea of assuming that .333.... is equal to 1/3 is entirely untrue. you cannot simply assume that because we say 1/3 is equal to .33333... because thats what they teach, its not, but the idea of dealing with infinte decimals is extremely confusing and pointless for most cases, so we round it up by some unknown amount to magically make 3 x .333.... =1 because dealing with the fact that it infinitely approaches 1 while never actually becoming 1 is extremly confusing

Draxx said:
I fired one of my RA's on tuesday because she refused to do her job based on some idiotic mormon ideology. I told her to pass out flyers for an event I was interested in about a speaker coming to my school, and she made this huge deal about it. She was saying shit like I'm never listening to you again, I'm never passing out your atheist propaganda, I'm going to try and get you fired, etc.

After her little tirade of about 2 minutes, I just simply said "You're fired." It was a great moment. For insubordination, not because she's a mormon, of course.

Reminds me of a time I made someone quit her job because my twin brother and I were simply stating that Young Life is a cult. Even though we were being truthful, she got offended and quit the next day.

Lacey_Lightfoot said:
1/3 = .3333... in some sense, but only in terms of explaining a very complicated idea in simple terms. trying to convert that extremely complicated infinite number into a simple and finite fraction is useful for many reasons, but not this one because we are trying to examine .3333... now if you took this decimal number, and converted it into a fraction, can you make that fraction into 1/3? no you cant, because its an infinite number. now, if you understand how equality works, you should see that since it is impossible to turn the .3333... into 1/3rd, but possible to turn 1/3 into .3333.... that the idea of assuming that .333.... is equal to 1/3 is entirely untrue. you cannot simply assume that because we say 1/3 is equal to .33333... because thats what they teach, its not, but the idea of dealing with infinte decimals is extremely confusing and pointless for most cases, so we round it up by some unknown amount to magically make 3 x .333.... =1 because dealing with the fact that it infinitely approaches 1 while never actually becoming 1 is extremly confusing

This doesn't make any damn sense.

1.) If you convert 0.333... to a fraction it is 1/3. 0.333... is not some number with some miniscule, but measurable difference from 1/3, it is 1/3.

2.) Unless Zorlaft has rewritten the rules of mathematics and eliminated the transitive property, if 1/3 = 0.333... then 0.333... = 1/3.

Wesell said:
Unless Zorlaft has rewritten the rules of mathematics

I swear I've seen him rewrite the rules on real life several times, so mathematics was obviously the next step.

Pi-w.gif

Any form of math that goes past basic multiplication/division is completely gay and I'm incapable of using it. Hihi failed trig courses.

Why the shit do I need to know that there are x number of quarters and y number of dimes in a piggy bank that total up to 5.65, how many of each are there? Fuck, I dunno. Bust the piggy bank open and find out. I don't need to do complicated equations to find out.

I had a girl at my work be dumbfounded when I told her there was 241 pennies in two dollars and forty-one cents. She was actually trying to trick my thinking that since she didn't know I wouldn't

Back
Top Bottom