Rogue vs Ranger

Currently leveling a 59 ranger and its starting to become about even.
I havent parsed it but id say im about doing same dps with range as mellee now (but i have an expensive bow).

It dosent really kick off untill a few AA's though ive heard ( Archery Mastery )

Rogue
My only rogue is a toon created solely to mine Deepmetal. I did level him to 47 and had some fun along the way. Give him a good weapon and he is a happy camper.

Expect to spend many hours doing boring skills up if you intend to sneak and pick locks. And you definitely need to do those to make the most of the class.

Ranger
My Ranger was on of my first toons. I have enjoyed him, but only now is using a bow most of the time really practical. I would definitely create a mage bot, unless you are somehow able to get a clicky to make nice arrows.

I like the abilities to track, hide, sow and forage. Being able to skill up archery in PVP mode is helpful.

Last edited:
If you want to put out the highest consistent dps, but be completely useless by yourself and 170% reliant on someone to help you do anything, play a rogue.

If you want to have utility, high dps and solo feasibility be a ranger.

I suggest you be a ranger, rogues sacrifice everything to be good at one thing and it really doesn't make the difference from anything I've seen spanning every tier of the game.

Hell I can't even say rogues are the best dps in the game, the moment a rogue is faced with any amount of slow(1%) their dps is utterly ruined making them a poor choice in some encounters.

Pick pocket, sense/set/disarm trap, hide and sneak are mostly jokes at this point in the game. The traps don't drastically change anything at the moment. Pick pocket is basically free chaotic alignment(so is picklock). There is one quest I know of in game that requires a rogue to steal something for you. Pick locks basically means you get into very difficult/extreme difficult treasuremaps out of necessity outside that there is no real purpose.

Hide and sneak are neat at first but eventually you realize that the devs have decided that solo rogues are a threat to everything everywhere and decided to start making nearly every mob see through it and it takes away from part of the fun you had being able to go anywhere and see things by yourself early on.

So if you want to have a bunch of gimmicks and very high dps play a rogue.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom