Right of Way-

I agree that 6 toons (aka 3 real people) claiming Yclist indefinitely just by killing a few trash mobs is unfair. Exo and CW have both done this to each other - not necessarily to cockblock but simply to hold the claim for themselves with little real commitment. If the rules allow this, I think they should be modified.

I guarantee you if this petition came in while i was on duty id have a stop watch rolling for 30 minutes exactly before i teleported them all one by one to the middle of a pack of hungry baldakans

Squatting is squatting. I don't think the GM team can make it any clearer how we feel about this behavior. I even ripped the two hour portion of the squatting rule out of the raid rules on the wiki because people are stupid.

If your guild wants to raid shit, then get in and raid shit. If you have 20 people on but your scheduled raid time isn't for a few hours, don't think you can claim a zone and hold it with 6 until your regularly scheduled raid time when other people are actually on and ready to raid the same zone. If you're in first with six and have the claim, get your people there NOW.

What has happened has happened. Fine. Done. Its messy and gross but it is in the past. Multiple members of staff have explained in this very thread how the policy works and how it will be enforced from here on out. Admin Tao was crystal clear on this and you shouldn't even be posting here unless you've read what he had to say on the issue. And if you STILL don't get it after reading his post... I don't even know what to say to you people.

Last edited:
This thread has ceased its productivity. The horse has been severly thrashed and is stone cold dead...

I am kinda scratching my head wondering why in the world there has to be a special set of rules for raid zones.

I understand that people want to progress, but why is the person struggling to get the Uber_staff_02 upgraded to Uber_staff_03 in the Plane of Awesomeness any more important than the guy in a lowbie dungeon trying to upgrade his mithral sword to something better? Or just getting xp?

There are really no special rules to "protect" these guys. Who has not had some group or a high level farmer swoop in and snipe the mob you been camping for hours if not days? It happens all the time and most of us have just learned to grin and bear it.

I don't raid in SOD... but I raided a lot in live game and saw the same nonsense going on there. Which is one of the 823523212879909 reasons I quit that game.

I'm not saying that there should absolutley not be any rules in place. But, lets not forget that EVERYONE playing this game wants to progress, and deserves an equal chance.

The only Real rule you should ever need is the Golden one. If you can't play by that rule then...

(b) Shut the zone down -- nobody wins! Maybe the two raids will settle the next one with compromise, sharing, a spitting-for-distance competition, or even a /random 1000 on their own the next time.

One word of caution I might throw about this idea..
Though it sounds like the right and just thing to do, If one of the raid forces is only there to block the other from progression (which is the case more times than you might think), Then you have done their job for them.

There are really no special rules to "protect" these guys. Who has not had some group or a high level farmer swoop in and snipe the mob you been camping for hours if not days? It happens all the time and most of us have just learned to grin and bear it.

Yes there are, maybe you haven't read the rules but those things will get you jailed.

Decency Policy said:
2) Using higher level characters than the area is designed for to monopolize an unreasonable amount of mobs for the size of your group when there are others looking to hunt in the same area (for instance, a powerlevelling player pulling every mob in an area when there is also a group hunting there, or a player clearing every single mob in BB for faction while people are trying to EXP there)

3) Try to show general courtesy to players when hunting in the same zone. Excessive leapfrogging, pulling a named after another group kills its placeholder multiple times etc are all fun and games until it's done to you, and it promotes an infected atmosphere between players.

Yes there are, maybe you haven't read the rules but those things will get you jailed.

I have read those rules. But, I can't recall a single time ever seeing a server message saying "Soandso has been jailed for sniping a named." Not saying it hasnt been done... I've just never seen it, and Im online quite a lot.

I have however had the rule quoted to me once when I was soloing an area where all the mobs were pretty easy to kill blue cons (for a 65) from a group of 55ers who told me that I had to move on because of this rule.

I didn't really agree with their interpretation of the rule, but saw no reason to argue the point and just moved on.

Yes, thank you for your uninformed opinion. It will go well with the rest of the uninformed opinions.

I've never seen the Queen of England sleep. She must be some insomniac.

1Xla7.gif

Back
Top Bottom