Right of Way-

You just naturally asumed that i was "some entitled kid impatient and mad that these new kids are stealing "my loot"."?

:(

Atleast mad1337nes had the courtesy to say he didnt read what i posted, before he called me an idiot.

The new rules you proposed about people getting 2 wipes or they can get kicked out screams entitled kid who wants their rightful loot. The reasoning might not have been rooted in that, but the way you laid out your vision of the rules did. I don't even know who you are so its not like its something personal. Was just a misunderstanding I think, I was talking about the rules you proposed, you were talking about the situation of 6 people sitting on a zone.... I think.

Last edited:
My Only advice is don't be dicks to other people and people won't be dicks to you. Who ever was trying to Cock-block good luck with ever trying to come to any agreements with the person you were trying to screw over and or their guild. Being friends with some one is infinatly more rewarding then screwing them over. So can be said in real life.

This is just me adding some posative information to the argumenet. I'm in neather guild arguing. But In the long run just see what amendments need to be made and do some forum votes.

6 was put in place to eliminate the vague "capable force" T1 raid bosses can be soloed. At a high enough tier, you can duo/1 grp a good deal of content with the right group. Hell on certain high tier bosses you can prob 1 grp. You have no more right with 18 then 6 that are more than capable. That is why this rule was changed. 6 is finite. You either have it or don't.

With that said, quite a few guilds seek to abuse this. Don't be butthurt when you dish it out and it comes back your way.

best part of being admin is i pretend to be not on when claim disputes come in!!

'he started it' is kindergarten bs... grow up and start doing unto others as you would have them do unto you

I didn't realize we were talking about straight blocking a zone for hours and hours.

So its ok that 6 people claim a zone for 2 hours (or what ever slightly less than "for hours and hours" is), with out a raid force anywhere in sight? (in your oppinion)

Well im not sure if you can see it or not, but this is not about someone like me, crying about someone else getting a chance of the loot i used to get, this is about legalizing 6 people sitting in a zone, with out any chance of doing anything usefull, and still holding a valid claim, blocking a capable force for doing what it should.

best part of being admin is i pretend to be not on when claim disputes come in!!

So 6 people are sitting in Yclist, i petition, "we have 18 people, they have 6 people in Yclist, 8 in total. Can we please get them removed so we can do our thing?"

Reply is "No sorry, they have a valid claim. They killed "a slime" and took a Screen Shot, there claim is good".

Oh... okeey.. so now this is about having 6 ppl in a zone at all times, killing 1 trash every 30 minuts, if you want to progress... i get it.... uhm... no i dont... wait what?
Let me see what the Devs say about this on the forums...

grow up and start doing unto others as you would have them do unto you

So the solution starts with in my self... Hmm, i did do on to others as i would have them do to me (made sure i had a raid of 18, before i started heading to our goal), but the bastards ported in 6 people and told me to read the rules... and behold, the rules favor them... *sigh* (this i learned back when Thaz was still a zone with wings)

Last edited:
6 was put in place to eliminate the vague "capable force" T1 raid bosses can be soloed. At a high enough tier, you can duo/1 grp a good deal of content with the right group. Hell on certain high tier bosses you can prob 1 grp. You have no more right with 18 then 6 that are more than capable. That is why this rule was changed. 6 is finite. You either have it or don't.

With that said, quite a few guilds seek to abuse this. Don't be butthurt when you dish it out and it comes back your way.
So changing this back would prevent overtiered guys from one-grouping content? Sounds like everything is looking up.

Oh well, i think its a bad rule, but atleast 6 people cant claim a zone, unless they have 12 (or 6 if Abyss) people online and incomming. Atleast thats what i read out of this.

Also i kinda get the feeling that the 2 hours of squat time previously allowed, may be reduce. I can only hope.

This goes both ways. I don't want this game to be about me being able to block an other guilds able force, with a 6 man unable force of ours, anymore than i want it to be the other way around.

I think its pretty obvious, and has been obvious that the whole 6 people sitting in a zone killing a trash every 30 minutes thing is not ok. The real problem I see with the rules is what kind of activity/intention is valid for claim. Farming yclist pages or spires opuses is a pretty legitimate activity, but it can be done with 6-12 people, and it can be conveniently done at times that happen to cockblock opposing guilds from progression. There is really no way to prove the difference between killing trash for its loot and doing it to cockblock.

This is really the only change/clarification that needs to be made IMO.

I personally think that you should need the intention and capable force to actually kill BOSSES, or else another guild can take the zone. Obviously there are legitimate reasons to just kill trash, so people are allowed to do that, but if a full raid intending to kill bosses wants to be there, they should have priority. Furthermore, I think there should be harsh repercussions for anyone trying to abuse claim rules to cockblock other guilds.

Last edited:
I think its pretty obvious, and has been obvious that the whole 6 people sitting in a zone killing a trash every 30 minutes thing is not ok. The real problem I see with the rules is what kind of activity/intention is valid for claim. Farming yclist pages or spires opuses is a pretty legitimate activity, but it can be done with 6-12 people, and it can be conveniently done at times that happen to cockblock opposing guilds from progression. There is really no way to prove the difference between killing trash for its loot and doing it to cockblock.

This is really the only change/clarification that needs to be made IMO.

I personally think that you should need the intention and capable force to actually kill BOSSES, or else another guild can steal take the zone. Obviously there are legitimate reasons to just kill trash, so people are allowed to do that, but if a full rthaid intending to kill bosses wants to be there, they should have priority. Furthermore, I think there should be harsh repercussions for anyone trying to abuse claim rules to cockblock other guilds.

This 100x this

I agree with this, but I do find it quite funny that the guild posting it is the one that started the whole thing with their 24 hour camp of Yclist. Who knows maybe they are trying to turn over a new leaf and make the first step though. Guess we'll see.

I do agree that this thread is hilarious!

What I don't agree on is how Thanman thinks wiping to a raid boss/6 man boss 3x will boot you from zone so someone else can kill this mob because they snoozed and lost. Progression means you are going to wipe over and over until you get the strat down. Exo has the strats to Spires, CW doesn't, is this post intended to cockblock CW?

PS...the rules have been set for a while now and has worked as I have seen, I don't see a need to change it especially after Exo had just got into Spires and started farming and now CW had just been Spires flagged yesterday(?) and now Exo wants to change the rules around?

Last edited:
PS...the rules have been set for a while now and has worked as I have seen, I don't see a need to change it especially after Exo had just got into Spires and started farming and now CW had just been Spires flagged yesterday(?) and now Exo wants to change the rules around?

The suggestion about losing claim after two wipes is obviously terribly bad as people have pointed out. There have however been some really lame/dubious things going on, by members of multiple guilds, and I cant entirely blame them since the rules really are not so clear. We need to know whether killing trash for loot is legitimate claim, because if it is, it becomes really hard to prevent cockblocking content. If it is not, then someone legitimately just wanting trash loot might have to leave a zone, but I think it would benefit the game overall. Killing trash for loot has its place, but its too easy to use as a cover, and its really not so crucial that it will seriously mess anyone up if they have to let a full raid go kill bosses.

... and now Exo wants to change the rules around?

This is not something we debated on our forums, and then i come and post it here.
This is me seeing that something is wrong, and trying to get it changed.

It was all just posted while i was at work. The 2 strikes an your out part of the rule, yeah it doesnt really need to be there, it was just there because of the whole "6 man can claim an 18 man wing/zone/encountert" thing.
But for sure it would be better that you just have to be 18 man in an 18 man zone, or you gotta go. Once your 18, well grats, now thats a claim no one can or will dispute.

(Sorry for my bile yesterday, i had been drinking heavy and was all emotions)

#1 Im sorry we all don't have the Euro time advantage with no Asian competing guild.

#2 if your father didn't teach you, mine sure did:

"Do on to others, as you would like done to you"

#3 It's just pixels.

#1 Im sorry we all don't have the Euro time advantage with no Asian competing guild.

#2 if your father didn't teach you, mine sure did:

"Do on to others, as you would like done to you"

#3 It's just pixels.

Is this CW telling us that they want the rule to stay as it is cause it makes cockblocking so omg easy if you can't compete with a real force yet for a few hours?

I am not against changing the rules one bit, having a capable force should be required, HOWEVER, who deems what is a capable force when their are not GM's around monitoring at all times. Thats why the 6 in the zone rule works.

Both guilds have performed the same manuveur in yclist, so don't act like your so innocent, not to mention yours was about 5x as long. Every other target we have claimed we have had capable force, or knew we would have a capable force by the time we got to the named meaning we had 10-12+ people boxing waiting for a few people to log in. Not sure what the problem is here.

Why can't you guys post a guild drama thread in chillville like adults

I don't mean to cause drama,

I just don't like being accused of 'Cockblocking' Because people "think" someone doesn't have a capable force.

ON THE POLICY:

Without the required "Policing" I really don't think their is a good solution to the policy. If you make it 18 in the zone, their will be tones of disputes tier 1-9, and with pugs, overtiered toons, etc. It's just a very fine line to play with. Im interested to see what the staff does.

Best thing about this is the time exo ported up 6 people to sanctum and one of them was a lvl 30 something alt they /rolled to make sure we couldnt claim the zone with our 18 man force that they always make sure they have before going to a zone. then sitting on the zone for like 40 mins with 12 people constantly switching people out...

Back
Top Bottom