Range on Throwing items.

Snake

Dalayan Elder
In order for a ranged item to be a useful tool, it needs to have longer range, than the thing you are trying to avoid, AE, WW, what have you.
(unless ofcouse it's your best weapon, but thats not relevant for Throwing afaik).

Throwing items mostly have around 100 in range, shortest range 20, longest 200, from what I could find on the wiki.
Usually more than range 200 is needed though.

I suggest to make throwing a useful tool to change the range to at least 210.
If the object is a boulder or something, where it makes sense that you can't throw it 210, well then obviously don't change that.
But like Shurikens or Pebbles, Throwing axes or knifes, makes good sense that they can easily be thrown at range 210.

Please post video of you throwing an axe 210 IRL. I wish to keep SoD as realistic as possible.

New throwing item:

Visions of Your Haunted Past

Emote Proc: "You throw like a girl"

Edit: Should spawn halfings that heckle you

mv6tJmC.png

Unlike these vile trolls I suppose your crusade to increase throwing weapon range. I would like a throwing weapon with 250 range, with like a 50% chance to proc lure of lightning (or voltaic draught, I'm not greedy here) and some decent stats so I don't feel bad unequipping my range while using them. It's only fair that a class is good at throwing things, and why shouldn't it be a class that can parse extremely well as it is instead of the other Masters of Combat?

I think bards should be capable of doing decent throwing dmg. They are the jack of all trades, master of none.

Throwing and 2hand types are under represented.

Questions:
As far as range, why is 100 bad?
Why is 200 needed?

because 100 isn't very far away from a mob. Monks pulled with throwing items on live for that most part. Here, if you don't have a clicky (clickie?) you may as well just body pull. The lack of range on throwing items was one of the first negative things I noticed on this server when I started playing back in the day. (It's odd. We were actually JUST talking about this subject like two days ago in a group)

With 430+ strength you should be able to throw at least 1000 horses

All at once, or consecutively one right after another?

EDIT: I was imagining a huge ball of 1,000 horses, so I googled horse ball and discovered a new sport. Life is a crazy journey.

Last edited:
110 range on the shadow shuriken I use or the 100 range on Skysplitters has never caused me to be in WW range except for the golem boss in Yclist. Having longer range on a throwing item wouldn't help with pulling when I get 2-3k crits with the shuriken, thats just asking to be summoned. I get the idea youre going for but in my experience its a non-issue.

Those aren't really pulling items though. Nobody ever used fishbone darts for dps on live. Also, you aren't gonna outrange anything with a 110 item besides melee range stuff. Basically avoid ramp and/or ww and that's it. Not gonna outrange many aoes, etc. at 110. Might as well just go hit it, and just joust of you can't take the dmg. They're nice for like gongo (until I snag agro after like half a stack, lol...), but not a whole hell of a lot more. Basically, the lack of range on them kinda kills off any versatility. I rarely bother using them. Throwing is just way different here than it was on live. I miss being able to throw and created a little separation before the thing hits, as opposed to here where you have to stay still, else it interrupts your cast. Using pets helps on stuff that almost kills you in los as soon as your pull cast lands or on super-fast mobs I guess. Throwing just felt more real to me. There was a lot more unique pulling situations and really pulling in general on live though.

A little off-topic, but I also always find it odd getting riposted with a throwing item as if they're deflecting my blaster shot with their light saber, heh. Feels like I just got kicked by a snake...

110 range on the shadow shuriken I use or the 100 range on Skysplitters has never caused me to be in WW range except for the golem boss in Yclist. Having longer range on a throwing item wouldn't help with pulling when I get 2-3k crits with the shuriken, thats just asking to be summoned. I get the idea youre going for but in my experience its a non-issue.
my experience differs THEREFORE you are wrong

Back
Top Bottom