Raid Claim discussion

Exactly what was said above. My guild never disputes, we check zones before zoning in. If folks zoned just ahead of us we move on. The only exception would be if a non raid force was farming goos in Yclist or some such where they had no intention of progressing to kill a raid mob. I can also say this, if anyone starts trying to use this to leapfrog, then at that time staff will do something about it. That gets into the realm of grieifing and will not be tolerated. I honestly don't understand why folks can not solve most of their problems diplomatically. And like what has been repeated throughout these posts, this is what the policy actually was, and since most of you misunderstood the policy, a clarification was needed.

maybe we just need some new content /shrug all the guilds are after the same mobs, so theres a lot of competition for them (for the most part) the only people left on the server are at that T11-12 bottleneck

New content takes time and a lot off effort is being used in 2.5 but I'd take a guess and say great things are I. The horizon we just need to be patient little players and try to play along. The more time they need to waste to deal with these issues is time away fro. Dev. Remember they do this for free and let's be real here vartax u and I still like to raid. Imagine if we did Dev work and play how would we prioritize that? We just need to be patient and appreciative of their progress.

Hail Xerokine

And like what has been repeated throughout these posts, this is what the policy actually was, and since most of you misunderstood the policy, a clarification was needed.

Except that the change in wording changed the written meaning (see post #18) and the rule had almost always been enforced as "30 minute to kill" (because that is what it said). If it reads like a rule change and it changes behavior like a rule change, it's probably a rule change... or a duck. It seems as though this rule change opens the door for some problems as numerous people have pointed out in this thread, others, and ooc. I am unclear on the need for this rule change (since the old rule covered squatting) and absolutely perplexed why what is clearly a "change" is being called a "clarification". There are four lights.

maybe we just need some new content /shrug all the guilds are after the same mobs, so theres a lot of competition for them (for the most part) the only people left on the server are at that T11-12 bottleneck

If we had non-scumbag content developers to help build new content I'm sure slaar would welcome that. :) I agree, we do need more content, no question about it.

I am not (too) much of a scumbag!! Just flakey when it comes to this sort of stuff nowadays. I don't have the drive to work on content as much as I used to, nor the time. Usually my freetime is filled with more brainless activities. I still keep up with the forums, because one day I hope to be able to finish what I started in upper thaz. It is actually not that far off from being ready, I just got preoccupied with other things before I finished it and I am not going to just commit it to have someone else sort through all that.

I am not (too) much of a scumbag!! Just flakey when it comes to this sort of stuff nowadays. I don't have the drive to work on content as much as I used to, nor the time. Usually my freetime is filled with more brainless activities. I still keep up with the forums, because one day I hope to be able to finish what I started in upper thaz. It is actually not that far off from being ready, I just got preoccupied with other things before I finished it and I am not going to just commit it to have someone else sort through all that.

what game are you playing now? I can troll you into fixing upper thaz like i did with fish boss

You missed the point. This would not be used steal claims, but only to settel those in question. This problem only arises when two guild race to a zone at the same time or when a guild tries to squat and wait for more people to log in. If a guild is already raiding then there is no claim question to be solved. See FAQ question #3.
True, but I can imagine some folks would still find it highly entertaining to charge in, lock the zone and proceed to roflstomp a raid... even if they are not actually going to raid there themselves :p

Back
Top Bottom