QoL Improvements

daenar_sod

Dalayan Elder
Been loving the automated blessed zone changes that came about a few years ago. Gets me going to the new zones. Something I've noticed though and wanted feedback from others and opinions of the powers-that-be.

Since tomes disappeared, there seems to be some things that didn't get updated to improve the desirability of zones. Just a small sample, but I was thinking lustrous stones could be added to more zones loot tables. Right now, I think they just drop off UT mobs and Sunken Cathedral? I would love to see them drop in Jenrok tunnels, Citadel, Kaesora, FR, LOIO fort, and other 65 xp zones. Drop rate % depending on difficulty of the zone. This would help improve viability of some of the more dead xp zones, and help encourage ppl to do blessed zones over non-blessed ones. It can be very boring to just do a single zone, and I've been dying to go back to FR and Cita. There's just zero reason right now to go there.

Lustrous currently drop off FR lava spirits. I agree with the general idea though, Jenrok tunnels, LOIO fort, elite yiv in forest, Betrayal imo would all similar in difficulty to justify the ultra-rare lustrous drop rate.

Awhile ago, I did a QOL thread for Less-Popular Six Man Zones - a lot of what I wrote applies to exp zones as well as six mans. Desirable zones offer good experience, cash loot, and excellent boss drops. The next tier down would be the good exp zones that still have a lot of cash opportunities (FR probably being one of the best here), but fewer incentives from bosses or things like tomes. Following that would be the zones that are still good exp zones, but without the no drop loot and offering a lot less in the way of cash (now that tomes are no longer a thing). The worst offenders here are probably Kaesora and BQ.

I proposed decreasing the difficulty of some of the zones (like MielD) and bumping the cash for others (Windstone), and I think adding planar maps to areas where it is thematically appropriate would be solid. FR is still a solid zone, but the maps dropping from bloodfires would fit. Similarly, I think potentially having them drop in Emberflow makes sense and adding them to Everchill from the giants would be cool. Maybe something down in deepshade would be alright, but I see less of a tie in with the four there...

For the ikisith zones, I think cash could be improved to balance out a lack of tomes, but I don't think they fit thematically with the planar maps. Maybe add crumbling maps and make them vendorable... or give people better reason to do them. I also like the idea of some tradeskill incentives for BQ involving yclistinite, and adding R2 Frags to Ikkisith 6-Mans. Halls of Betrayal also seems ripe for additional quest tie-ins.

Some previous discussions can be found at:
Windstone thread: http://forum.shardsofdalaya.com/threads/windstone-feedback.28652/
Mielech D thread: http://forum.shardsofdalaya.com/threads/mielechs-laboratory-feedback.29117/#post-294757

I love the idea of easier r2 frags.
I hate the idea of them being on 6 mans. Everybody already learned the lesson of putting eternal farm items on 6 mans from emberflow. Slamming them on trash or cash named or something sure go ahead.

Eitherway good job we've made the 10000th request for more rewarding or even just balanced zones.

Slamming them on trash or cash named or something sure go ahead.
Whoa. Didn't even think of this. Cool idea.

What about something that could be scripted to spawn a special class named in place of every single cash named kaezulian, continent wide. Have one for each class with spells. Drops could be a random R2 frag from the named class and either a nice BOE or something creative (clickies that emulate a class function, quest armor pieces, some sort of faction token, etc). If you made the names rare enough, you could rust code them [there are 12 potential classes with R2s, and 4 frags, so it's not like it's overkill if the spawn is sufficiently rare]... And make them shout when they spawn some interesting quip to alert the players in zone.

Back
Top Bottom