Mielech's Laboratory Feedback

Pecannius

Dalayan Elder
Boss events are kinda fun there. Fun zone to explore at least once.

Suggestions to make this zone decent:
1) Please allow shrink in this zone. Haven't found a specific encounter why this would be zone disabled but it's extremely annoying. As a troll/bear I can't even step on the return portals I'm too big. As a bear I literally take up half of some rooms.
2) Up the $$ drops. A group of 6 people slightly above tier killing stuff for 3 hours with no wipes and little downtime netted a 250pp split each at the end. I understand it's better for new content to start this low and adjust it accordingly, but it definitely could use a significant bump.
3) The trash drops nothing of value. If you're not working on the MielD flagging quest there's nothing that killing the trash gives except horrible money. Either significantly increase the $$ drop or add a chance for tomes. The trash seems to be the same difficulty as other tome dropping trash.

As it stands I think MielD will be a zone that high tier pet classes drag their guildies through a few times to get the pet haste spell (once that quest is implemented/discovered) and otherwise will be unused much like Windstone. For a 6man that is supposed to be a step below Emberflow, the exp and money are horrendous and the bosses don't drop much that is very unique or desirable. Maybe if some of the procs are adjusted or there are undiscovered items but that's a long shot.

There are some trash drops (ammo proc items, plus a couple BOEs I've seen) but I've seen 0 ammo items and 1 BOE out of ~6 clears of either side of the zone and the cash split has always been negligible.

I got a BoE ranged item that had 20 hp/mana, 45 mr and Leckima's on it. I do agree that the trash loot is pretty bad. Thematically it might not make sense to have them loaded but tomes would be nice.

Proc rates on boss loots are definitely not where they should be. I definitely agree the zone should have better money and/or EXP as well, but there is definitely some unique and desirable things from the trash(Although I do think they are a bit too rare). As far as the loot, its quality is inbetween catacombs loot and some of the earlier emberflow loot. From what I understand shrink bugs an encounter and it doesnt trigger a mechanic properly, so some races are out of luck and will have to illusion down to something smaller.

I like this zone , Good job dev's. The named fly Zzz w/e seems to be a very difficult fight compared to the other named mobs here, perhaps muck queen needs a bit of tweaking still , she is easy compared to the yellow con fly boss mob. Shining mining helmet which is a boe drop off trash was a bit OP in its cast time as an instant cast pbaoe for warriors foelock but 3.0 sec cast is too long imo and it should maybe be like 2.0 or 2.5 also a slightly longer refresh timer (currently 12 sec.) and no drop. I know the zone is not complete yet but how cool would it be to have some end goal like a higher tier 18 man raid fight with a pre-reanimated version of mielech in mielC reanimated's lair triggered by some turn ins, quests or hidden flags from mielD. The zone is too small for excessive cash split drops from trash and seems to be on par with cata maybe if anything some spell drops or tmats could be added in (ie. ancient spell scrolls, 61-65 spells, or tradeskill material drops)

The south wing fly boss, whom I've coined as "zz-top", is a bit of a pain, but I really think its because of the way the fight engages. I'd like to see the engage cleaned up because I've had all sorts of bugs (no pun intended) happen right at the beginning of the fight. Everything else about the fight is fine and neat.

Shining mining helmet which is a boe drop off trash was a bit OP in its cast time as an instant cast pbaoe for warriors foelock but 3.0 sec cast is too long imo and it should maybe be like 2.0 or 2.5 also a slightly longer refresh timer (currently 12 sec.) and no drop.

Asking for something to be nerfed seems silly to me. I dont really understand why instant cast clickies are so taboo, they are actually useful on tanks. Even 2.0 cast time will get interrupted constantly by any tank attempting to use them. I would rather see it with instant cast + longer cool down if anything. Or keep cool down and instant cast but change the click to a lower dmg PBAoE. No drop is a good call imo too.

Its already been nerfed Vit. All I suggested was shorter cast time then 3 secs and maybe slightly longer cooldown in exchange. I dont think listsolding clicky pbaoe's especially a all/all is great thing for the zone or game.

Last edited:
that hat should probably be made 1.0 second cast and just do less damage and be made no drop and it would be in an alright place

As it stands I think MielD will be a zone that high tier pet classes drag their guildies through a few times to get the pet haste spell (once that quest is implemented/discovered) and otherwise will be unused much like Windstone. For a 6man that is supposed to be a step below Emberflow, the exp and money are horrendous and the bosses don't drop much that is very unique or desirable. Maybe if some of the procs are adjusted or there are undiscovered items but that's a long shot.

There are some trash drops (ammo proc items, plus a couple BOEs I've seen) but I've seen 0 ammo items and 1 BOE out of ~6 clears of either side of the zone and the cash split has always been negligible.

Pet Haste?

I was under the impression that atk did nothing for pets. Perhaps I am crazy, the 200 atk part of that buff seems unnecessary.

Wish I could give Mooshie a 2000 hp buff. Maybe he would live in a T13 fight for once.

... i made a point shaman should be on that spell. also its super cool spell on paper but no one in game has it yet, i think the quest has yet to be fully implemented for it. but the whole zone is kinda vague and shrouded in mystery which is kinda fun(the mystery part... vague part gets kinda annoying), dont really wanna mess with it anymore tho until its been finished, spending 3 days in a zone working on a quest you come to find isn't in yet after asked for the 3rd time is kinda disheartening. I'm sure me and anvyl will go back and see what else we can figure out when slaar says he put some more in. there are apparently a few quest that no one has found but i have no idea where to even begin looking for them. the big rat fight seems fun, although it seems like we are powering through part of it, and bug fight is pretty fun as well. getting an actual t6-7 group in that zone would prob be nice so slaar can tune the fights around them instead of the t9-13 people that have been in there thus far.

... i made a point shaman should be on that spell. also its super cool spell on paper but no one in game has it yet, i think the quest has yet to be fully implemented for it. but the whole zone is kinda vague and shrouded in mystery which is kinda fun(the mystery part... vague part gets kinda annoying), dont really wanna mess with it anymore tho until its been finished, spending 3 days in a zone working on a quest you come to find isn't in yet after asked for the 3rd time is kinda disheartening. I'm sure me and anvyl will go back and see what else we can figure out when slaar says he put some more in. there are apparently a few quest that no one has found but i have no idea where to even begin looking for them. the big rat fight seems fun, although it seems like we are powering through part of it, and bug fight is pretty fun as well. getting an actual t6-7 group in that zone would prob be nice so slaar can tune the fights around them instead of the t9-13 people that have been in there thus far.

The few times I have been in the zone, everything but trash was dead.

Back
Top Bottom