Pristine system mistakes thread

scratch the gloves, they are originally NO DROP.
but the soft leather mask is still not reporting it.

It might be too much of a pain to do but I think tradeskill items that take less than 140 skill to make should be out of the BOE system. Most things less than 140 skill don't add hardly any special ability to them yet go through the pain of the BOE system. That would sort of hamper new trade skillers though. But like augmenting. It's alot easier if you have a trade skill character to just pass your stuff to them and double augment it than it is to make the augments and pass them as you go. And augmenting is the only way to make less than 140 skill items keep from getting too cruddy before you get into the nice stuff.

hephasteus said:
It might be too much of a pain to do but I think tradeskill items that take less than 140 skill to make should be out of the BOE system. Most things less than 140 skill don't add hardly any special ability to them yet go through the pain of the BOE system. That would sort of hamper new trade skillers though. But like augmenting. It's alot easier if you have a trade skill character to just pass your stuff to them and double augment it than it is to make the augments and pass them as you go. And augmenting is the only way to make less than 140 skill items keep from getting too cruddy before you get into the nice stuff.

Did you somehow misread "mistakes thread" as "suggestions thread"?

I did a forum search first...didn't find an anwser for my question. I was wondering why all bags are now NO DROP? Was this intentional? Heck..it might not even be related to the pristine change...but I'm not sure the exact time I noticed it as being such. Thx.......

Wiz said:
Did you somehow misread "mistakes thread" as "suggestions thread"?

I didn't mean to sidetrack thread and pull you off focus but I have been thinking alot about these issues on plat balancing. Take this for example. I can make a cured silk tunic. Augment it +4 with cheap double augs. I can then unenchant it and for less than a plat and sell it to another player for 6 to 10 plat, about what it costs to make it minus alot of time bankspace hassles for all the items needed to combine, or pass it off to another character. Once unenchanted or unbinded it sells to vendor for over 4pp.
Or i can go and loot a harvester scythe that sells to vendor for about 50pp and turn around and sell it to another player for 160pp. That person can then unenchant it for about 50pp and then sell it to another player for 160 pp taking 50pp out of the economy. I'm just saying given the intent of the BOE system it seems to not do as much as it could because being pristine to a low level item is a big deal when your struggling to get stats or resists up but being pristine on a higher item doesn't matter that much. They add +10 to everything so what if its plus 10 or plus 11 or plus 12 the item is still way way more valuable than what a vendor pays for it. That's not true of low end tradeskill items by making them sell to vendors so cheaply and being so heavily augable they are in fact in the BOE system but sort of outside it becuase its sooooo cheap to unenchant them based on their value to a vendor. it just messes with people wanting to do tradeskill progression versus raid/loot progression. Because its so much better to level and camp stuff and sell it for way more than a vendor will pay for it. I have no idea what the situation would be for a piece of imp hide etc but if imp hide sells to vendor for cheap it's going to be unbindable for cheap and if it's augmented to a silly degree it will be a bit outside the unbinding intent.
But all that being said. Trade skills are already plat sinked to a near black hole degree why further hamstring them with the BOE system? It's going to either create a augment hole in the system and a loop around for easily passable mid level gear or it's going to create a double plat sink situation where nobdoy will want to make them nobody will want to buy them because of the extreme nature of it all. Stuff that sells to vendors will be plat sinked 25 to 33 percent as long as people cant farm a ton of cash. If cash gets too readily available then that 50pp item to a vendor will now sell for 300 pp instead of 160pp and the original plat sink intent was reduced because a 300 pp item is only plat sinked down to 50pp or 16 percent, while stuff made with trade skills will be plat sinked to death unless they are augmented fully then they become so easily passable because unenchant costs are so low because vendor values are so low. Vendor's support the value of an item inside and outside the BOE system. If you can get 10pp from a vendor you won't sell to another player for 2pp. If something costs you 8pp to make and you can only get 1 pp from a vendor because you want trade skills to be a plat sink then you just might sell something that costs 8pp to make for 2pp. If you want to buy something good that is usable on another character later a 200 pp crafted item that sells to vendor for 10pp is never going to sync up with the value system created by the vendor prices or an items value to the player. In other words the BOE system has slightly plat sinked dropped items and as plat inflation grows the sink will diminish based on values of a player selling to a vendor while the whole situation with player crafted items is just hard to analyze because augments are outside the BOE system on unbind and unenchant costs and player crafted armor is double augable.
So we have this situation here. I can bring this awareness to other players and you which im doing right now and once it all finally clicks in thier head what you'll have is every plate and chain class character on the server running around in doubled auged silver and mastercrafted silver plate and chain with raid tier 5 resist levels and every mob in Dalaya that casts on this segement of the population will meet with extreme frustration because they will get resisted far too much and every hard encounter that involves big nukes will now become trivialzed and theres one certain encounter with an item that is usable by a plate class that i'm thinking of that would be funny to see all over the server.

So i just leave it up to you decide if this is a mistake or a suggestion.

I was hunting in the Warrens and killed Mmgrawl and got his ranged item "Mmgrawl's Trinket". It is [MAGIC ITEM] and is not pristine for me. This is on character "Kaeldyn".

I was hunting in the Warrens and killed Mmgrawl and got his ranged item "Mmgrawl's Trinket". It is [MAGIC ITEM] and is not pristine for me. This is on character "Kaeldyn".

[NO DROP] items do not loot pristine, as they are not tradable.

Ambassador's Dagger

Ambassador of the Bloodclaw in Lesser Faydark dropped:

Ambassador's Dagger
MAGIC ITEM LORE ITEM
Slot: PRIMARY
Skill: Piercing Atk Delay: 24
DMG: 8
SKILL MOD: Backstab +20
Class: WAR BRD ROG
Race: ALL

Was kind of surprised that it never went Pristine and that it is not [Bind on Equip]. Should this be included here?

Segmented Burrower Hide
[MAGIC ITEM] [LORE ITEM]
Slot: ARMS/WRIST
AC: 24
STR: 4 STA: 4 DEX: 4 AGI: 4 HP: + 30 MANA + 30
FR: + 3 CR: +3
Stun Resist 1%
Weight: 1.0 Size: Medium
All/All

Drops in The Deepshadde, off "a burrower" iirc.

whiteleather leggings

Whiteleather Leggings

Magic Item, Lore Item
4 AC, 20 HP, Bane Enhancement III
Drops off Bonemender Boura in Runnyeye

No Pristine Flag

EDIT: The Whiteleather Bracer - Same Issue

Wanna go out on a limb and say Whiteleather Cloak is probably the same as well

Last edited:
Culicid Saliva Gland
[MAGIC ITEM] [LORE ITEM]
Slot: BACK RANGE
AC: 10
Effect: Insidious Fever (Must Equip. Casting Time: 3.0)
STA: +25 CHA: +25 HP: +90 MANA: +120
SV DISEASE: +25
Stun Resist: +5%
Recommended level of 55.
WT: 2.0 Size: Medium
Class: ALL
Race: ALL

Drops off Vetri the Scourged in Plane of Entropy.

I imagine it is supposed to be no drop, and not BoE, but at the moment it is neither. I figured this would be the best place to find out.

That'll probably end up being made no drop but I think it would be kind of cool if all his loot just got made BoE.

Back
Top Bottom