Pristine system mistakes thread

GuiardoTuneweaver said:
The NO DROP clause in the original post clearly indicates that NO DROP rewards should not be pristine (the bow), but it seems that the RHLS and other quest rewards should not be pristine as they were not "looted from a NPC". I would hope that this was an oversight, and that droppable quest rewards like RHLS would be pristine to encourage people to do the quests themselves.

From the Pristine Items 2: Farm Harder thread:

I didn't really intend to for RHLS etc to become pristine but I'm quite OK with it.

Looks like newly made Jewelcrafted items mistakenly may be pristine. Confirmed for Platinum Jasper Ring and Platinum Cats Eye Agate Ring/Earring.

GuiardoTuneweaver said:
Looks like newly made Jewelcrafted items mistakenly may be pristine. Confirmed for Platinum Jasper Ring and Platinum Cats Eye Agate Ring/Earring.

What would be mistaken about this? TS items are pristine when crafted.

Wiz said:
What would be mistaken about this? TS items are pristine when crafted.

Oh! My misunderstanding... I didn't think TS items were to be included since they weren't made pristine when the changes went in.

GuiardoTuneweaver said:
Oh! My misunderstanding... I didn't think TS items were to be included since they weren't made pristine when the changes went in.
tbh, the chance that a person possessing a TS item they have created themselves are far less than the chances that a person possesses an item they have farmed.
I would think the pristine on TS items is to be a bonus for those who have chosen to skill up and create items for themselves rather than purchase them (money sink incentive :toot:)

iaeolan said:
tbh, the chance that a person possessing a TS item they have created themselves are far less than the chances that a person possesses an item they have farmed.
I would think the pristine on TS items is to be a bonus for those who have chosen to skill up and create items for themselves rather than purchase them (money sink incentive :toot:)

The profit you can make from Tradeskilling if you don't sell everything at cost is enough incentive.

Tempus said:
The profit you can make from Tradeskilling if you don't sell everything at cost is enough incentive.

Only if you can get the tradeskill up high enough. Until that point, it's purely a money sink.

Even a very high 150-200 skill won't be profitable since you'll make more combines that you'll be able to sell very quickly. What money you will make is going to be absorbed by the next combines unless you decide to just quit getting it higher.

Jewelcraft itself is really bad with this. Silver items are almost not sellable. The newbies that can use it can't afford it. Electrum you can sell to newbies if you sell for as low as you can, otherwise the people that would want it generally can't afford it. Gold and plat is better but even there the market is tight.

I'm not saying to change anything though.

khoz said:
greyed chain links [no drop]

found one in my inventory

-Daxas
Bard
Reading your other post on this issue (http://forum.shardsofdalaya.com/index.php?topic=16253.0), it sounds like you might have encountered an issue that came up just after the BoE system went in, where items (put into) the (first) open inventory slot were changing to No Drop. Not sure if what you're dealing with is the same issue, just wanted to mention it.

I just purchased Silvered Platemail Vambraces (via /cm listbuy), and the item spawned in the first inventory slot of my Old Leather Bag located in my second main inventory slot.

Immediately after receiving the item (I never moved/inspected/equipped the item after receiving it), I attempted to /cm listsend the item to another character of mine, and received the following message:
You can't send NO DROP, NO RENT, UNENCHANTED or CONTAINER items.

Baffled, I inspected the item, and lo and behold, it was [NO DROP].

I sent in a /bug report, went to an Unbinder and got the item unbound so I could /cm listsend it off to my other character. She received the item with no issues.

my deepmetal bracer was double auged before i made it no drop... now it has lost one of its augs. Has anyone else noticed that?

Just purchased a Bone Bracer from the Listsold system. The item spawned in my first main inventory slot as a NO DROP item.

In the last few days, I've been hearing other folks in /ooc and /gu commenting on having issues with receiving items from the listsold system as NO DROP, also.

DM plate items missing second aug slot when bound.

Last night I was getting ready to buy some augments on my Warrior Zani when I noticed that two of her DM items only have one aug slot (gloves and shoulders).

I originally posted this in the gear section and was told to repost here. The 2 pieces missing the aug slot have been bound, the others have not been bound yet and still have two slots.

so the unbinder vendor removes the second aug from tradeskilled gear, leaving an empty aug slot.

I bought a Netted Cap and Netted Mantle from listsold and they were BoE, but when they arrived in my pack they were unenchanted with none/none as the race/class.

I petitioned and was told to post here on the forums about the issue. Thank you for your hard work and for helping resolve all the issues with this patch =)

-Aeillin

Back
Top Bottom