Please reconsider stuns in the rear...

how to pull underwater and things like that

pulling underwater is an entirely different skill set, and from what i recall, jose does it just freaking fine, as does cinn and a few others.... the majority of people pulling the place are clueless, and don't understand the mechanics.

I'm just some-what supporting this dudes request. I don't want the stun from the back issue cut in half, I want what causes stuns from the back in the first place to be looked at.

i do see the logic in "too many little pieces of crap attacking you=death" though. It really doesn't matter how incredibly insignificant a raindrop is, because we're not talking about raindrops, we're talking about floods. Floods rape face. I think thats probably working as intended. Yeah, i do think that its a fairly limiting mechanic, and i know that i've gotten REALLY impatient before with the underwater+stuns situation, but i really do have a tough time thinking it needs to be changed.

As it currently stands, water means you move slowly. Moving slowly means its tough to pull mobs. Thus, most water zones will be difficult/inefficient/painful and poop to pull, and are probably better to move around in.

playing a paladin who gets lost very easily, i can understand how kedge can be very frustrating pulling. However, that was alleviated when instead of me pulling so much where i would get stunned every half second, it was changed so that i was just followed instead.

Yes, stuns from the rear are a bitch, but its a w/e and learn to adjust, not whine and get it changed. There is nothing wrong with rear stuns imo

I'm amazed, for me its the #1 broken thing on SoD atm (i don't raid, so i don't know the raid bugs).
But i guess its just me and perhaps a few others who feel that stuns in the rear is way unbalanced. I must say i find what i read hard to believe, cause when 3 or more mobs catch up with me, my running days are over, they just stun lock me :(

What kind of things do you pull that piss you off, dont just say "greens", also can u link your fomelo ?

Back stun is just a pulling hazard of SoD. Underwater zones are balanced with loot and ZEM to account for the fact that being underwater is harder.

If you want to survive more pulls the best bet is to have your group get closer.

I believe there is nothing wrong with rear stuns, it boils down to technique and knowledge, that is if you are not a monk with the stance (like me WIN). Plus this is the reason specifically why I dislike pick up groups you have to make sure that you go to the exp zone of choice with the right class combination, if you know you don't have the right class for X zone... don't go there simple. Each zone cannot be put on a level playing field it would make this game boring as dirt.

based off if you're hit, not how hard you're hit

As much as I normally want to bite your face off, this is a perfectly valid issue, based on a potential programming flaw, that i agree needs attention (if its actually the case, I dont know)

A scratch from the rear really should be able to be shrugged off with no chance of stun, while the chances for stun should be coming from the solid hits.

Stuns from the rear will not be changed, for the reasons outlined above by other staffers.

There are already ways to improve your resistance to back-stunning in the game. When you are leveling your dodge and defense skills increase which help you avoid hits from the back. After you hit 65 you get stun resist AAs and stun resist gear to reduce this effect. You want AC to help stun resist as well – I don't think there is any reason to do that.

ac helps stun resists from the back?

When you are leveling your dodge and defense skills increase which help you avoid hits from the back.

Doesn't being attacked from behind partially or totally negate those? Hence why you take more damage being hit from behind? I thought being hit from behind made riposte, dodge, parry, and block not function?

I have to agree with the OP and Jose. The way rear stunning works is goofy.

Dodge works from the rear, block parry riposte do not.

I also don't see what is 'goofy' about it, don't get hit from behind if you don't want to be stunned.

tbh stuns seem fine to me.

Stick to non water areas if you hate it that much. Thats what i do. YAY for HHK (tho i can get a nice chain of stuns in there when i get lazy and run away regularly from mobs and get pounded from behind).

Dodge works from the rear, block parry riposte do not.

I also don't see what is 'goofy' about it, don't get hit from behind if you don't want to be stunned.

I guess by "goofy" I mean that even the smallest hit has a chance to stun you. Now I'm not positive, but from what's been stated AC has no affect on the chance of being stunned? I would think that if you're heavily armored, you'd be less likely to be stunned.

Personally I invest in run 3 as soon as possible and range pull when it might be a problem, though both have minimal returns underwater. In addition there are places where you can't help but get up close and personal with mobs you're pulling. I agree with whoever earlier recommended the group being mobile. It's much easier on SOD than it was years ago when I played on Live. On Live it was "every second of sitting counts!" and that doesn't matter as much here with mana regen.

Anyway, enough rambling. It's odd the way stunning works from behind, but it's a small quirk really.

Back
Top Bottom