Placeholder Class Tomes

The truly disheartening thing here is that they're going to have some difficulty working out a strat for Sharn`ree because they are actually so powerful now that they will have to figure out times to stop DPS and just wait for mechanics.

dont push 20% too early... there now they can go beat sharnree (amirite)

A bunch of high end items get nerfed...

High end melee DPS sucks now compared to casters... (Bane nerf)

People are "disheartened" that people still play the game and try to find other ways around obstacles (i.e. farming more)?

It's only gonna take so many kicks to the face from Devs / Admins / Retired high end people before everyone says forget it and moves on to some new game.

It's so annoying to see people shit on the way other people play a game while they sit back and flex their E-Muscles at their keyboards. Guilds continuously farm tomes because *all their members want their class tomes.* It's pretty simple.

Will Slaar, Tao, or Waldoff please speak to the current status of these tomes? Have the changes on the dev team since Ikisith's release rendered placeholder tomes "off limits" for current devs to work on? Is something secret in store for placeholder tomes? Are new tome ideas, even modest ones, worth posting at this point?

Are my questions illegitimate? Unfounded? Unreasonable?

The truly disheartening thing here is that they're going to have some difficulty working out a strat for Sharn`ree because they are actually so powerful now that they will have to figure out times to stop DPS and just wait for mechanics.

the leaks bro

High end melee DPS sucks now compared to casters... (Bane nerf)

I dunno 'bout this one. Galsan and Raxton top our parses quite regularly. It was actually Rangers who got the shaft on the bane changes, but that's all been said before and not quite relevant here.

I guess when the tomes get implemented it would be a nice luxury to have them already, but these PH's have been in the game for a while now. There have also been some great suggestions made as to what these tomes could become, without much acknowledgement from the staff. I imagine that is what is creating such a frustrated atmosphere.

I would certainly agree with Eisley that the way the tomes drop in Tur'Ruj now is much more favorable to the old way. For me personally, I am ok with having this trade-off, because I won't quit this game until the server shuts down, so I know i'll eventually get what I want. But it is kinda lame to kill multiple bosses in Tur'Ruj in a given night and get 0 usable class tomes

CW has also been farming turruj for much longer than fwf ever did

Come on, now. Didn't Reehs say he farmed Tur'Ruj for 2 years before he got his class tomes? We've been there like 10 months

Come on, now. Didn't Reehs say he farmed Tur'Ruj for 2 years before he got his class tomes? We've been there like 10 months

yea i guess to be clear, at this point its probably been like 2.5 calendar years since fwf first started in turruj, but of that time we probably were only actively raiding maybe 2 years of that. not to mention at the end of fwf and fwf2.0 exodus and cw were getting all those basement tribes so it wasnt 2 solid turruj grinding years. but two years of being active and at the level of turruj.

also for the first couple of months tribe bosses didn't guarantee class tomes, it was class tome or random opus.

i can sympathize with classes holding on to inert PH tomes for months and years, but really it is far better then exist now and will eventually be useful ( as useful as a class tome can be ). like you said everyone wants their class tomes so why not get them now instead of back farming forever when they are officially added. if they are rotting now its no different than some implemented tome rotting, they are both just as useless.

e: specifically mentioning that im not going to mention anyone *needing* anything more to get around imaginary obstacles to progress further. how has no one cleared turruj yet

Last edited:
Can we all agree that if PH tomes did not exist this thread would instead be about how unfair it is that Rogues/Monks/Whatever get XX class tomes vs. Shaman/Cleric/Whatever only getting XX.

If it's not one thing it's another.

Can we all agree that if PH tomes did not exist this thread would instead be about how unfair it is that Rogues/Monks/Whatever get XX class tomes vs. Shaman/Cleric/Whatever only getting XX.

no because i can still bitch that i have a class tome that adds like literally 3 dps. fuck tomes and fuck the police.

Oh sorry, we aren't FWF so we can give input to how things work. I forgot. My bad masta, please don't whip me masta.

Wish we got 2 minute vah backs, broken ass items, and all that but nope we don't. Jolly gee it's clearly not the right thing to do to kill monsters till everyone has the items/tomes they want. And PH tomes don't help players progress at all.

How about unless you have something constructive to say toward the topic, keep you're silly bullshit comments out. This is also why people stay away from the forums because FWF shits up everyone's threads with they know best bullshit. I thought these were supposed actual suggest and requests threads, not another chillville. Clearly I have been mistaken.

Last edited:
haha 2 minute vah backs. fights were having to be tuned around one group of nerds all having vah backs so on those fights if we didnt all have them off cooldown the fight was basically not going to die. I'm personally impressed on how vah back changed/was handled and thus made it so fights were no longer being tuned in mind of everyone have 2 minute godmode. but you can complain about it if you want, considering fights were made easier because of this im sure it hurts you.

all i can say about items is sorry that so much shit was nerfed because it really did ruin a lot of peoples times. it was a lot of fun playing the game when you actually progressed and became stronger.

basically what everyone is mocking you over is the fact we had so much harder of a time with tomes. however, the true culprit of you guys not having the majority of your tomes done lies in the fact we had the advantage of turning in ALL THOSE ROT TOMES THAT ONLY YOUR GUILD EVER GOT in for useful ones we needed by beating rujik and exchanging them. from what i understand this wont be an option because marza didnt want to put in assloads of time to code it and also is no longer around to hand them to people which would suck if anyone else ever beats rujik.

Last edited:
Correct the option to turn in tomes is gone from what I have been told, so they just rot away in banks taking up the valuable bank space. Thus the complaint of all these PH tomes instead of rotting tomes currently in the game because someone has it or not in the raid.

It's not just turruj it's annoying on, it's the 6mans that drop PH rank 2 tomes too. It's hurting everyone not just the people in Tur'ruj. When you loot a corpse and see a PH tome its the biggest disappointment.

Correct the option to turn in tomes is gone from what I have been told, so they just rot away in banks taking up the valuable bank space. Thus the complaint of all these PH tomes instead of rotting tomes currently in the game because someone has it or not in the raid.

It's not just turruj it's annoying on, it's the 6mans that drop PH rank 2 tomes too. It's hurting everyone not just the people in Tur'ruj. When you loot a corpse and see a PH tome its the biggest disappointment.

you cant really complain about rujik turn in until you actually beat rujik and then i would because it sure as shit helped us fill in the blanks.

it sucks that placeholders take up space and saying they are useless is just shortsighted. if/when there is new content as well as you progress past the need to farm turdruj the people who would have to go back to farm tomes (mostly your healers) would probably not appreciate it too much. not too sure why nobody has answered grinkles yet but honestly not too surprised at this point. dev input towards the majority of players queries goes ignored for months/years seemingly (hello pallies) then suddenly shit gets changed out of the blue. words and stuff ect

Oh sorry, we aren't FWF so we can give input to how things work. I forgot. My bad masta, please don't whip me masta.

That was not directed at you, or your guild, just the fact that there are a million things that need to be done in this game.

He didn't get Blademaster 4 until this year but still did not need it to kill every tier 13 monster that has been killed and continued to get killed despite numerous nerfs. He also still isn't even done the tome because he just got it shortly before some people became disgusted with some not-so-good changes (that did not prevent those monsters that had been killed from dying again) and we could not raid anymore.

Believe it or not a lot of characters that had little or no class 3/4 tomes and little to no opus like my mage and cleric were still able to perform on tier 13 monsters not even having best in slot gear. Alts like Nublia and Plaps for example were still solid healers despite having almost none of that stuff and just being geared by largely rotting scraps. At the start of this year my mage probably had somewhere around 500-600 less mana than now and like 1 opus and I was still able to be competitive dps on top end fights, and I was even able to box two characters on some of them (like Taeshlin, Sharn'ree, Rujik, Primes and once even boxed Infested Monstrosity) because we had a problem with cleric attendance at times.

Wish we got 2 minute vah backs, broken ass items, and all that but nope we don't. Jolly gee it's clearly not the right thing to do to kill monsters till everyone has the items/tomes they want. And PH tomes don't help players progress at all.

How about unless you have something constructive to say toward the topic, keep you're silly bullshit comments out. This is also why people stay away from the forums because FWF shits up everyone's threads with they know best bullshit. I thought these were supposed actual suggest and requests threads, not another chillville. Clearly I have been mistaken.

you may be disappointed at the usefulness of vah back on sharn'ree, just sayin

i have no idea what broken ass items you're referring to, i'm assuming it's the logical fallacy that we were super geared when we progressed, when in reality we were dramatically less geared than you guys are right now, when we beat all the t13 bosses. very similar to the anti-bango argument in the paladin thread, obviously bango can't be used in that discussion since he literally rolled his character as tier 13 with 70 tomes.

i can appreciate the desire to play the victim card, but sometime you just have to consider the possibility that your thread didn't fail because of some perception that FWF or whomever is trolling you, but rather your idea is just bad. i do hope you get your wish and all the changes to turruj are reverted.

also, i think the rujik tome trade in thing was removed because tomes were added to rujik and sharns loot table. i preferred the trade in thing though, it wasn't very elegant but it was a great way to avoid problems like this. however, it does involve killing rujik so it's not really relevant here.

To be honest, 2 minute vah backs hurt more than they helped. It meant that fights with DPS checks (read: nearly all of the hard ones) were tuned to be more difficult due to the huge power spike involved when half your raid has vah backs. We were forced to stagger vah backs or we would stand very little chance of mustering the DPS requirement (even with near perfect execution elsewhere).

After the change, leading raids became easier, and much smoother when attempting the aforementioned fights.

I think maybe you are misconstruing what 'constructive' means compared to 'agreeing wholeheartedly with the OP'. A very solid case has been given that under the current system, not only is your guild better off, but the server is better off. Unless these tomes are going to be removed from the game, they will be made useful when implemented and your guild will not be required to backfarm said content if/when you surpass it. This means 1) less tedious raiding for your guild, and 2) the content is available for guilds that are trying to progress through it.

Some people posting in this thread seriously need to take a chill pill before posting again.

Looking at you, Tarutao.

Wow, Jarh nailed it. This is why we avoid the forums, nothing but flames and bullshit like "we can kill T13 monsters and you can't ..... ne ner ne ner ne ner. How childish.

The fact that FwF has killed T13 monsters is irrelevant here, that is NOT the discussion. The discussion is the fact that PHer tomes are in the game and do NOTHING but take up valuable loot space.

That has nothing to do with sharnree or taeshlin, who the hell cares.

The tome trade in quest has nothing to do with PHer tomes still in the game.

Yes it would be nice to have these once implemented, but will they be???? We have yet to get an answer on that from the staff. THAT is the point.

It would be nice for the staff that knows something about this to reply with some actual usefull information. Are PHer tomes scheduled to be worked on? When? If not why can we not remove these?

Wow, Jarh nailed it. This is why we avoid the forums, nothing but flames and bullshit like "we can kill T13 monsters and you can't ..... ne ner ne ner ne ner. How childish.

The fact that FwF has killed T13 monsters is irrelevant here, that is NOT the discussion. The discussion is the fact that PHer tomes are in the game and do NOTHING but take up valuable loot space.

That has nothing to do with sharnree or taeshlin, who the hell cares.

The tome trade in quest has nothing to do with PHer tomes still in the game.

Yes it would be nice to have these once implemented, but will they be???? We have yet to get an answer on that from the staff. THAT is the point.

It would be nice for the staff that knows something about this to reply with some actual usefull information. Are PHer tomes scheduled to be worked on? When? If not why can we not remove these?

Jarh does not have the point or understand how the ph tomes benefit a raid and a guild.

The ph tomes are not a waste the fill a needed gap tht will reduce the amount of back farming for a specific tome will require. Imagine ph are not in place and cleric tome of game winning goes in. Now you are going to be forced to farm Turruj even further hoping and praying this new book drops 3x for rank 3 and 3x for rank 4. That is 1 time for each cleric in a raid. If you are having a hard enough time trying to get 1 specific time now imagine what it will be when you only need 3 copies of 1 specific tome.

The ability to kill rujik is somewhat relavent because that is what allowed the trade ins available to get those rare and unlucky class 3/4. The fact that fwf did it faster and with less gear/tomes is only somewhat irrelevant because it hasn't been attempted since they broke up so there is no other frame of reference point on what is needed for the fight.

Back
Top Bottom