New Quest for Evil alignment

JesusPrice

Dalayan Adventurer
Quest: Feed animals their own meat to receive alignment shifts toward EVIL.

Quest giver: any animal i.e. a bear

Hail a bear

a bear says "Behold! For I am hungry. Would you happen to have some choice rabbit chunks for a hungry bear?"
/d1 Yes
/d2 No

if D1 .... a bear says "Yays! Hand it forth!"
if D2 .... a bear says "Argghh" a bear has died.

if D1 .... You hand a bear any non-bear meat a bear smacks its lips and says "Scrumptious!" a bear has gained a level
if D1 .... You hand a bear some bear meat a bear says "Liar! What foul deception is this?! Argh!" a bear spits the bear meat out at you. You have been poisoned. Your alignment has shifted towards EVIL.

When you loot the bears they should drop books and scrolls containing speeches because they are obviously well read and well spoken. It is evil to feed an animal its own meat. Animals have to eat too, its up to you what you feed them

On a serious note, it would be nice to have ways to totally reverse alignment from good/evil and lawful/chaotic. Right now, as far as I know, in most cases it is not possible to swing alignment from completely good/lawful to completely Evil/chaotic. It would be nice to be able to fix your alignment if you have screwed it up along the way.... Just like being able to changing deity...

Additionally, I would like to be able to feed gnomes to gnomes. How many name nerfs are going to be required for characters named Hannibal Lecter...

I really don't know how the alignment issue could be this big a deal. I'm max CoI aug and also Completely Chaotic/Completely Evil. If I can do it blundering my way through the game, anyone who pays even a little bit of attention can do it.

I really don't know how the alignment issue could be this big a deal. I'm max CoI aug and also Completely Chaotic/Completely Evil. If I can do it blundering my way through the game, anyone who pays even a little bit of attention can do it.

Poeple on the long run didnt pay attention until they released the Deity Bonus and Augs?

I currently came back from a long time away... just to know that I`ve raided all zones with GoDs, Went for Silver Crown and the only option right now is to go for Jayla or Pariah....

I went for Jayla and now have a -3% bonus, and working my way up. I`ve done 2 Chaotics choices quests and still havent change any %.

If you start a player from scratch and know what is there for you, sure it`s easy, but some players have done stuff that cannot be changed. (Aka killed in the zones and/or choosing SC, Blackscale, etc)

Poeple on the long run didnt pay attention until they released the Deity Bonus and Augs?

I currently came back from a long time away... just to know that I`ve raided all zones with GoDs, Went for Silver Crown and the only option right now is to go for Jayla or Pariah....

I went for Jayla and now have a -3% bonus, and working my way up. I`ve done 2 Chaotics choices quests and still havent change any %.

If you start a player from scratch and know what is there for you, sure it`s easy, but some players have done stuff that cannot be changed. (Aka killed in the zones and/or choosing SC, Blackscale, etc)

This

This system isn't exactly new. Are you saying people used your tune while you were gone to kill things in all zones? Or you killed things in all zones before this system came about?

I thought all factions were reset when deities went in... Killing and botching faction would have happened post implementation I believe.

As for quests to do, I know I needed some faction bumps so I did a quest or two in Oggok mines. If you want evil faction, I believe killing Newport citizens gives +evil (possibly other citizens... pick a town you hate and try it). Also doing the amulet of Blackscale service quest shifts you evil.

Last edited:
I thought all factions were reset when deities went in... Killing and botching faction would have happened post implementation I believe.

As for quests to do, I know I needed some faction bumps so I did a quest or two in Oggok mines. If you want evil faction, I believe killing Newport citizens gives +evil (possibly other citizens... pick a town you hate and try it). Also doing the amulet of Blackscale service quest shifts you evil.

Can you do Blackscale if you are already aligned with CoI?

Can you do Blackscale if you are already aligned with CoI?

It's a quest given by Coordinator Malika in Grobb. It's not a quest tied to the Blackscale faction quests that start in Heartlands. Ends up giving you a gate neck to Grobb. Should be able to do it as long as you aren't KoS to trolls and Iksar in Grobb (if so, illusion may help until faction is improved).

This system isn't exactly new. Are you saying people used your tune while you were gone to kill things in all zones? Or you killed things in all zones before this system came about?

It doesn't matter how it happens, just that it can happen. New people have no idea about the alignment system and what the alignment hits are really all about. It is pretty easy to fuck yourself with alignment/deity choices, and then getting stuck with only two options. (neg spec bonus and aug vs. no aug and pos spec bonus.)

I think you should be able to switch deities, and I think there should be a way to go full swing on alignments. I doubt this change will happen, but it would increase flexibility in the deity/alignment system.

Correct..but back then there were no augs and were only a few raid zones outside the God`s plane.

Everyone use to raid those planes and then came in the relic hunter quests...

a bear says "Behold! For I am hungry. Would you happen to have some choice rabbit chunks for a hungry bear?"
/d1 Yes
/d2 No

if D1 .... a bear says "Yays! Hand it forth!"
if D2 .... a bear says "Argghh" a bear has died.

This is priceless. You guys know you want to see this in game. Same goes for Daffie's gnome feeding hobbies.

Correct..but back then there were no augs and were only a few raid zones outside the God`s plane.

Everyone use to raid those planes and then came in the relic hunter quests...

Right. And it was stated there would be a system for pledging to a deity. Some people however decided they didn't want to wait and see, so they killed indiscriminately (as they were warned not to do).

"PLEASE NOTE: If you EVER in your LIFE kill a follower of any of these deities, or hunt in their home planes, you will NEVER be able to swear to them. (Server deity wipe was done months ago). Followers of a specific deity will have the deity name as a tag under their npc name."

http://forum.shardsofdalaya.com/showthread.php?t=15561&highlight=alignment

That was 2007 and updated in 2008.

I think it would be cool if you could switch deities (however, never having the option to go back should be enforced as well). If you murdered your factions with all your deity options though... I hope you got good loots to make up for it.

Right. And it was stated there would be a system for pledging to a deity. Some people however decided they didn't want to wait and see, so they killed indiscriminately (as they were warned not to do).

"PLEASE NOTE: If you EVER in your LIFE kill a follower of any of these deities, or hunt in their home planes, you will NEVER be able to swear to them. (Server deity wipe was done months ago). Followers of a specific deity will have the deity name as a tag under their npc name."

http://forum.shardsofdalaya.com/showthread.php?t=15561&highlight=alignment

That was 2007 and updated in 2008.

I think it would be cool if you could switch deities (however, never having the option to go back should be enforced as well). If you murdered your factions with all your deity options though... I hope you got good loots to make up for it.

Jesus forgives

Back
Top Bottom