New Quest for Evil alignment

Enthann does forgive! In fact he encourages his followers to kill him, I have repeatedly!

How did you get him below 95%? Last time I checked, the best thing you could hope for is that he tests your skills, eventually gets bored & bails, leaving behind some stuff.

I should think that if you manage to have a negative bonus for your Deity, that they would be able to offer a long and involved quest line to shift you back on track. Something time consuming involving a lot of travel and multiple lore items to prove your loyalty. Have it be repeatable, have it take more items each time, perhaps even shifting to things you didn't expect every time so it is never quite the same. Put the repeat timer for the quest as a raid timer so you have to wait a week or so to even do it again. Then you could eventually salvage even horrid alignment changes choices, and the work/time investment could balance it out.

Seems like a lot of to do about something that nobody even knows if it has an actual impact on your numbers. Also, bears have been known to cannibalize in the wild when food sources are low. Source.

The difference between full spec and no spec is actually sizable.

The difference between Pariah spec and full spec is much less sizable.

If you really hate the whole spec game, going Pariah is not a bad option at all. Other than the aug, the difference is not huge. The aug should be put in at some point, too.

If you really hate the whole spec game, going Pariah is not a bad option at all.

The whole deity and alignment stuff is actually a really cool system. I can't believe something like it wasn't put into live, but SoD does a pretty good job of making it interesting. Really, I only see 2 glaring issues:

1. Unfinished aug quests. This causes a pigeon hole effect for certain deities and pariah.
2a. Considering the amount of time/effort the game requires gamers to put into a char, I think it would be nice to be able to swing alignment fully back and forth from maximums (given a ton of questing.)
2b. I think it should be possible to shift deities as many times as you want given some specific criteria for that to occur. (Aug is removed when changing of course.)

The whole make a choice and live with it unless you start a new character is for hard core mode. Being locked out of content due to deity is kind of dumb, and being forced to not be as cool if you choose to not get locked out is kind of dumb. I also think it would add diversity for the players to pick different dieties. I bet a bunch of people would switch from pariah and do the questing for alignment/augs of a deity they find useful/fun.

Maybe these ideas don't give a lot of bang for the buck or aren't in the vision, but I think the alignment/deity system is one of the things that sets SoD apart from Live/EMUs. Anything that can make it better and more dynamic is useful.

When I think of SoD quest arcs, the major ones I think of before raid type quests are:
Main Quest - This is finished, functional..
Faction Aug - Finished? (I've only done just past HFB), functional.
Deity Aug/Alignment work - Fun, Interesting, but has holes and is not finished.

I'm going to drop it now :p

The difference between full spec and no spec is actually sizable.

The difference between Pariah spec and full spec is much less sizable.

If you really hate the whole spec game, going Pariah is not a bad option at all. Other than the aug, the difference is not huge. The aug should be put in at some point, too.

The reason I started this thread is because -

As an accidental CoI aligned toon, if I go full CoI, does that still give me the possibility of 20% bonus? If not I think it would be cool to feed bears to other bears while good bystander druids cry and ask me to stop AND to get the full 20%.

Also - What if giving bear meat to bears made you PvP flagged for a set time so good characters can try and stop you and there can be some fun PvP possibilities thrown in.
(And yes there is the possibility of good tons ganking and being jerks to evils, although SoD community seems like there would be more fun than douchery {good job SoD community, keep it up}.

Think about it....as an evil SK you see a bear and the first thing that pops in to your head is pretty obvious...I should probably feed it...with bear. Fun ensues.

As a good Druid...you're just like "OMG BEAR NOOOOOOOOOOOOO" and you try to stop it.

You could probably anger the bears and druids faster with a bit of kindling and Flint...

Back
Top Bottom