New/old Elemental Graphics

Well, partial success. I got an alternate texture to show up on a model by simply appending things to the very end of the .wld ... on the other hand, the game slows to about 1 frame every 30 seconds the instant the texture set appears before giving up entirely.

I'm hoping I just overlooked something.

Turns out I did overlook something. Adding extra texture entries to a .wld is almost trivially easy, as far as programming goes.

Turns out I did overlook something. Adding extra texture entries to a .wld is almost trivially easy, as far as programming goes.
!!! Do tell more, O enigmatic Zaela! Does this mean custom fun times galore are on the horizon?! o_O

crappy proof of concept -- go

1BK2gjY.png

gfaydark_chr golem textures 0, 1, and 2, plus additional inverted steel golem 3, ghost steel golem 4, purplish steel golem 5, and purplish steel ghost golem 6

normally there are at most 5 golem textures: mud, rock/lava (different textures in different _chr.s3d's), steel, weird black+white+purple thing, and see-through ice. so seems like it's probably permissive about adding new id numbers.

i made a simple little program to handle creating the new wld data (pick an existing model + texture id out of a list and hit a button to copy it under the next available id). seems to work~

This is super cool. Mind sharing with the masses? Some people who play with EMU stuff, especially on their forums, could really get a charge out of it.

FYI - number 7 is pissed.

Here they are again, with a 3rd option. The Blue skele is actually a kind of blue/purple evil looking thing. These all include the upgraded elementals.

Pick your skele color:
Blue
White
Brown

Last edited:
Yo could someone re upload the elemental files again? seems there not available on any of the previous links.

Appears the links are saying to many ppl have viewed/dled it recently would be nice if we could get something set up that wouldnt close out on us after a period of time :(

I saw this, not sure if someone already mentioned it. It's pretty rad though. I was sad when Zaela's AdventureQuest server didn't take off =(

Edit: Neat stuff in links too

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    111.8 KB · Views: 33
  • tOflGZJ.png
    tOflGZJ.png
    210.2 KB · Views: 38
Back
Top Bottom