let's talk about cars

Trucks are for work and driving through the mud like morons what else is there to talk about.

Sup guys

Gt6mtYi.jpg

Bad ass run. A friend of mine recently did some laps at the Joliet IL speedway in some super cars. I'll most likely join the next time they are back.

Cool video. I was wishing I could see the tach and speedo in the video, how fast were you allowed to go / how fast did you get on that straight?

Your car seems pretty fkin fast.

11:25 MISSED GEAR O NO lol how bad did you want to go screaming past that freakin' civic or whatever that silver car was

You can go fast as you want. My car was running out of road to go any faster though. 145 on the straight when I don't miss the shift!

I'm sure I could push that up a little, maybe ten mph more with a faster exit from the previous section.

I have the telemetry shit to overlay speed and rpm (and more) but didn't use it this time. I'll start next season for sure.

Last edited:
I just finished changed the rear brakes and oil on my 2003 F150 4.6L V8 work truck. I'm not so sure that it counts as fun though...

20150412_151448.jpg

As soon as the weather warms up, I'll be getting and installing a new windshield + windshield frame for my 1995 Jeep Wrangler toy. New wheels and a new soft top, and I'll be golden for the summer fun season of no top/no doors.

Why am I just seeing this thread now, I strongly approve. Car talk is the best.

I would have sex with your car. There, I said it. I hope one day to own a 4 door. I worked in garages for years and that's the pinnacle of my car ownership dreams.

Edit: ok, just kidding, i also want a tacoma. Years of being 6'4 and getting into trucks and it was the only one wanted to stick my dick in.

Last edited:
Thanks stral!!! I have spent a lot of time and money fucking with that thing to make it finally the way I want it.

VROOM http://youtu.be/BoZ3DH3WRJ8?t=366 etc

I want a pickup bad. I need a fucking airplane hangar or something, where am I going to put all this shit.

(BTW the track run in that video is slowwwwww. I am sandbagging it a lot because we were asked to not go fast(!) Lots of fearful/timid drivers and traffic plagued this run)

For reference I usually hit about 140 on that straight. In the video we're lucky if we get to 120.

Last edited:
Wait, were you racing a hatchback? I literally know nothing about cars (my time in garages was my "I don't wanna learn shit" phase). All I know is my brother bought a brand new wrx (hatchback eww) one day as an excuse to blow all his google money, and when they asked what color he said, "nah, I don't wanna be that guy I don't care." This gf of my ex gf's wife mentioned how wrx's are always supposed to be blue and I mentioned that my brother bought a lemon. She spouted out the year of the car on the spot. Weirdest boner ever. Now back to you racing.

Mine is a sedan. The hatch was offered starting in 08. I'm not crazy about the hatches.

I think there were like 3 or 4 at the track day. Bunch of sedans also.

Don't you be tellin me no spoilers. I'm only half way through this shit. There are seriously points in this video where it looks like you just flipped the nos switch. Why didn't you just keep the nos switch in the on position?

Haha the car is a rocket. It's much faster than almost everything in this session. I am going slow on purpose with a few exceptions where I wanted to blow someone away because they were making me go even slower than I was "supposed to".

Unfortunately my fucking camera died on the 3rd session when I was really flying. Then, I fucked the car up in the 4th session and had to retire for the day. Car was down on power and couldn't really go over 60 mph. It turned out that some turbocharger plumbing had come undone and the car was venting boost. It was too much of a mess to fix trackside so I went home.

ok real talk time. You're from the somehwhere near nyc area right? How the hell did you find a lane to go over 5 miles an hours?

Back
Top Bottom