Important Bard Songs do not work.

Off topic - the moaning/bitching comment reminded me about some dude last night who obviously had one too many (lines of coke ;)) and decided to rant about guns. Lmao. It sure made downtime a little more entertaining. :)

No, I'm pretty certain it wasn't you and they were doing it in /ooc. A couple others were trying to debate him and/or troll him. (I was totally kidding about the coke thing too)

The amount of known, unfixed bugs in this game post 2.5 is completely out of control. Who knows how long till this specific issue is fixed. The new client brought such a plethora of problems to the game, I've long considered it a lost cause. I am not blaming or pointing fingers at anyone; 2.5 beta did not catch the attention of many players and basically HAD to be made live to, "truly" be tested. I don't necessarily agree with the decision (or new client in general) but I can see why it was made.

It appears that motivation and effort to get the game back on track has almost completely diminished. I really think it is time to put aside the long lasting, tight control of deving, (staff positions in general) and allow the dedicated people, with love for this game, take the reins and do what they can to make this game what it once was. I have seen and heard of so much content over the years, scrapped, and so many people offering/giving their help only to be ignored or have their work changed/removed. I'm really sad to log in and see what this game has become, I only hope someone changes it for the better, and gives me that Shards experience I used to love.

We really could use an Ikaa or Tao-like GM to police things if it ever does get back on track. Things really weren't helped at all when a large subset of the population were total assholes to devs that were pouring far too much of their time into getting it to where it is. You'd be hard pressed to convince me that the current state of the game, as it pertains to the situation with bugs, isn't mostly the fault of the super-whiny player base. I hope that when more non-content devs show back up (check out that optimism), the aforementioned subset goes away, or at least has grown up by then.

In the end does it really matter who's fault it is? The game needs to be fixed if it is to survive. Even if it's just baby steps. Debating who's to blame will do nothing but waste time.

Last edited:
We really could use an Ikaa or Tao-like GM to police things if it ever does get back on track. Things really weren't helped at all when a large subset of the population were total assholes to devs that were pouring far too much of their time into getting it to where it is. You'd be hard pressed to convince me that the current state of the game, as it pertains to the situation with bugs, isn't mostly the fault of the super-whiny player base. I hope that when more non-content devs show back up (check out that optimism), the aforementioned subset goes away, or at least has grown up by then.
This is looking at the situation completely one-sided. You have to understand the, "whiny" players you're referring to are the main customers of this product; the people who played this game for years on end, some who perhaps knew the game and the players wants better than the developers. All the complaints and solutions from these people were generally reasonable and agreed upon (buffs, down time in between wipes, certain nerfs) yet were typically completely ignored or changed in such a way that it didn't make a difference. If you have a product with impractical features that is causing dissatisfaction in your customers, you either fix the problem or risk losing them. The fact that the creators, over the years, have had SO many solutions presented, SO much help offered and refused 95% of it is why the community became bitter and, "super whiny." You can't ignore feedback and expect your supporters to be happy

This is looking at the situation completely one-sided. You have to understand the, "whiny" players you're referring to are the main customers of this product; the people who played this game for years on end, some who perhaps knew the game and the players wants better than the developers. All the complaints and solutions from these people were generally reasonable and agreed upon (buffs, down time in between wipes, certain nerfs) yet were typically completely ignored or changed in such a way that it didn't make a difference. If you have a product with impractical features that is causing dissatisfaction in your customers, you either fix the problem or risk losing them. The fact that the creators, over the years, have had SO many solutions presented, SO much help offered and refused 95% of it is why the community became bitter and, "super whiny." You can't ignore feedback and expect your supporters to be happy

This feels pretty one-sided too. As far as I can recall almost every suggestion from the player base to fix a perceived problem had a pretty huge hole in it and didn't really keep the entirety or point of the game in mind like a staff member does. Many of us fell into the microcosm of our own problem and lost sight of the overall picture. I'll agree that the players were good at identifying problems, but solutions in a game like this need to be robust and considered how they would effect the game in a macro-cosmic way. This is really difficult to do and is imo the primary reason the staff doesn't follow every player suggestion, as they shouldn't. Also, 'customer' is a weird term to use when talking about a free game, but I get what you're saying with it.

At the end of the day though, I think Kedrin's right. I might not be as fatalistic about it, but every step toward a better game regardless of the source of the problem is a step in the right dire

This feels pretty one-sided too. As far as I can recall almost every suggestion from the player base to fix a perceived problem had a pretty huge hole in it and didn't really keep the entirety or point of the game in mind like a staff member does. Many of us fell into the microcosm of our own problem and lost sight of the overall picture. I'll agree that the players were good at identifying problems, but solutions in a game like this need to be robust and considered how they would effect the game in a macro-cosmic way. This is really difficult to do and is imo the primary reason the staff doesn't follow every player suggestion, as they shouldn't. Also, 'customer' is a weird term to use when talking about a free game, but I get what you're saying with it.

At the end of the day though, I think Kedrin's right. I might not be as fatalistic about it, but every step toward a better game regardless of the source of the problem is a step in the right dire
The problem I have with that is that now the "overall picture" is worse than ever. The decisions that were or weren't made for the, "greater good of the game" resulted in unhappy players, declining population, and just overall made the game less fun :/

I agree that 2.5 was a large step and it's in a rough phase right now. I have faith still, that in the long term it will improve the game's experience.

In the end does it really matter who's fault it is? The game needs to be fixed if it is to survive. Even if it's just baby steps. Debating who's to blame will do nothing but waste time.

I think you missed my point. The point wasn't so much about bitching about whiny people as it was that if we ever do get to a more productive point, we shouldn't repeat past problems. If we ignore some of the root issues, we'll be back in the same boat regardless of what happens eventually. It's no different than using a server reset to try to fix things. If devs come back and get to work again, and it brings back the same constant bitching, they're just gonna pull the eject lever again.

All the complaints and solutions from these people were generally reasonable and agreed upon

I absolutely acknowledge that there were some reasonable complaints and solutions, but to say they all were is pretty crazy. Some of them were straight up shitty. It's something that if we're lucky enough to get another chance, we need to make sure it doesn't repeat. I also don't completely agree that they were generally agreed upon, though I do concede that there were quite a few cases where they were. Just as much as I'd hope we don't act like a bunch of children and run them off again if they come back, I'd hope they would be a little more transparent, even if it was just with "we're looking at this" on occasion, because I don't believe they just ignored all this stuff.

I absolutely acknowledge that there were some reasonable complaints and solutions, but to say they all were is pretty crazy. Some of them were straight up shitty. It's something that if we're lucky enough to get another chance, we need to make sure it doesn't repeat. I also don't completely agree that they were generally agreed upon, though I do concede that there were quite a few cases where they were. Just as much as I'd hope we don't act like a bunch of children and run them off again if they come back, I'd hope they would be a little more transparent, even if it was just with "we're looking at this" on occasion, because I don't believe they just ignored all this stuff.
Yeah, forgive me I didn't mean to say, "all." I intended it to be generally; it was kind of a scatter brained sentence.

I wonder how much id have to donate to get a copy of 2.0 without riposite, 4.3 robe, or healer wep nerfs...for private use. Not joking

I think you missed my point. The point wasn't so much about bitching about whiny people as it was that if we ever do get to a more productive point, we shouldn't repeat past problems. If we ignore some of the root issues, we'll be back in the same boat regardless of what happens eventually. It's no different than using a server reset to try to fix things. If devs come back and get to work again, and it brings back the same constant bitching, they're just gonna pull the eject lever again.

And yet, with all the issues, and the perceived "lack of devs", I don't see any threads recruiting people to come be a dev, either. Seems strange to me. (And yes, I was considering trying it.)

And yet, with all the issues, and the perceived "lack of devs", I don't see any threads recruiting people to come be a dev, either. Seems strange to me. (And yes, I was considering trying it.)

Well good on you for wanting to make your mark on Dalaya.

As I understand it, recruiting dev's has never been a problem its keeping devs...

I don't understand how people think there is some Dev drive. The staff have posts about how to become a dev/gm and they have set a pretty clear standard, why do they need to bump it every 3 months or when someone washes out/burns out? Biggest reason you don't see very many new faces is probably because their standards are so high and that is kinda mandatory.

Look at the ones that have slipped through the cracks and have left an impression on the game and still make every tinfoil hat talk about staff corruption in /ooc. This forum is littered with posts about how such and such guild was only as good as they were because they had staff in guild or how staff exploited such and such thing before they banhammered some person for doing it after they made it illegal. Irelc became a trainee GM recently (maybe, I hear there is no new staff), and I believe they also "finally" got a greater Gheal clicky and doesn't have to do cmal3 anymore for the cleric gloves. Resurgum is also doing suspiciously well with their raiding, maybe someone should look into it...

Lets talk about the burn out... Spending your free time, working it like its a job to create something unique and FREE for a couple of pats on the back and 4 page posts about how your free time and your best isn't good enough. How dare these few layabouts sift through tons of code it took a full paid staff of a major video game studio dedicated entirely to this game and its running smooth call them selves developers! 2.5 only took 3(?) years in the making and its not the well oiled machine 2.0 was in 6 months! (only took how many years to fix the LD bug?) Old people fuck faster than these bugs are getting squashed. Having to reinvite someone in another zone or in combat because /cm grouprefresh didn't fix the problem and they had to camp or be invited by someone else to clear the bug is game breaking. What, am I expected to make a macro with /dis and /raiddis or as group leader make one with /invite <name> in the convenient 5 spaces and make sure I have a stable internet connection so I don't bug the group or raid?!

@Kedrin: sorry I snapped on you. You seem to be trying to make a positive note on this thread.

@therestofyou: Fuck off and take the horse you rode in on. I am sorry that the staff isn't personally messaging you with every bug and problem they fix or that they haven't given up their job and free time entirely to make you happy.

Personally, I think we owe the staff a beer because they are doing a great job with what resources they have and we have gained far more with 2.5 than we have lost. I will gladly deal with raid and group bugs simply to have more hotbars. And speaking as someone who plays a monk, don't worry bards they will get to you.

Irelc also got a tome and a shar vahl crown. Spoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooookkkkkkyyy.

Resurgum is good at strat heavy fights. You're really just ignorant to the fact that they attempt new content- fail miserably- and go back at it after gearing up some more.

EDIT: You're also ignoring the static buff everyone got from 2.5

Also, isnt this thread about bard songs? :D Bard songs would help Resurgum.

Last edited:
I will gladly deal with raid and group bugs simply to have more hotbars.
are you being serious here?

on topic, it might be worth testing to see if druid archaic functions, and stuff like ofghats robe proc in case those havent been tested

Also, isnt this thread about bard songs? :D Bard songs would help Resurgum.

It is indeed about bard songs. Im more so trying to help everyone, not just my guild or anyone specific. I like this game alot, I have played it for 10 years now, Unlike alot of people who claim they like it but refuse to play it anymore due to bugs. I want the server to get better, I wish I could help out more than just discovering bugs, but im not that adept at coding to be of any help. I know there are probably like 10-15 of the population that are probably good enough at coding to help this server alot, Now if only the staff would actively state they are looking for more devs and recruit some, Im sure the server's bugs would go away quicker. I understand why there are bugs, I understand why they are taking so long to fix. Its a FREE game, and a volunteer staff, and probably only 3-4 people trying to fix problems is going to take alot longer than say 10+ working to fix them. All I was doing with this post was trying to let people who dont know about certain spell bugs and such know about them now, so they can attempt to play around them for now.

I wouldnt mind people testing certain things and stating their findings here about other possible bugs related to bards. I myself have found that the Magic Damage augs from Refuge apply to procs but not a realistic amount. Example: my one proc does 655 damage base, with no cunning, when I remove the item with the magic aug in it, the proc now hits for 654. 1 point of damage for 24 magic damage. (No it dosnt have any focus effects or intelligence on it to make that difference.) Im told by various people that procs shouldnt be effect by spell damage augs, and other that say they should, I dont know the real answer, but this is my finding.

I myself have found that the Magic Damage augs from Refuge apply to procs but not a realistic amount. Example: my one proc does 655 damage base, with no cunning, when I remove the item with the magic aug in it, the proc now hits for 654. 1 point of damage for 24 magic damage. (No it dosnt have any focus effects or intelligence on it to make that difference.) Im told by various people that procs shouldnt be effect by spell damage augs, and other that say they should, I dont know the real answer, but this is my finding.

When elemental damage went live it had two unintended features: (1) effecting bard DoTs and (2) effecting melee procs, afaik the former is still in but the latter was removed some time ago. A 1 pt damage difference sounds like a CHA difference to me (the item you swap out has CHA on it?).

Also, when I was looking up that, I came across this gem from Ikaa:
I dont think players will ever understand that having to listen to their constant negative "opinions" of a devs work really crushes any kind of passion they may have had for it in the past.

So when you criticize their work, dont be a douche and tell them not to take it personally, because yes, it is personal.

Back
Top Bottom