Fuck your game

I would like to see some changes in the remake. Cid smokes e-cigs. Vincent uses drones. Yuffie steals bitcoins. Barrett is Indian. Tifa has breast reduction surgery. Red XIII is a cat. Cait Sith is a doge. General Leo is playable. Can't wait.

General Leo is playable.
LOL! But IMO FFVI > FFVII any day of the week. That late 16 bit era was (IOM) the high point of the JRPG genre. I hate to say "you had to be there" but having games like Final Fantasies 4/5/6, Seiken Densetsu 2/3, Tales of Phantasia, Star Ocean, Earthbound, the first installments of the Lufia and Breath of Fire games, oh and CHRONO TRIGGER come out over the course of like 5 years was incredible - and that was just on the SNES. The Genesis had Phantasy Star 2/3/4, Shining Force 2, Lunar, Beyond Oasis, Shadowrun... man. Maybe it's just because I was moving more toward PC gaming by the mid 90s, but I never was quite as enchanted by the games of the N64 and Playstation as I was the earlier consoles. There were still some RPG gems at that time, but the magic wasn't quite the same because my tastes were changing and the industry had evolved. PC gaming just went crazy from 1996-2005 and even best stuff on the consoles couldn't keep up with the PC in my book (also top end 3dfx card back then helped...) Maybe I've grown up too much, but gaming nowadays just gives me a shadow of how I used to feel in that era when every couple of months there would be another game which was truly mind blowing. These days it's 100% graphics over gameplay or even story. And whenever they rehash an old game, it's all shiny but not the same as playing it in its time.

In conclusion, FFVII remake is going to be super fancy AAA, it will be good, and it's going to make a Scrooge McDuck level Moneypit for SquareEnix, but it will never be as magical as when you played it when it was out... and even that can't touch those early 90s JRPGs. Now get off my lawn!

Last edited:
final fantasy 7 is the only RPG worth playing. now its Final Fantasy 7a with bad graphics or Final Fantasy 7b with good graphics.

LOL! But IMO FFVI > FFVII any day of the week. That late 16 bit era was (IOM) the high point of the JRPG genre. I hate to say "you had to be there" but having games like Final Fantasies 4/5/6, Seiken Densetsu 2/3, Tales of Phantasia, Star Ocean, Earthbound, the first installments of the Lufia and Breath of Fire games, oh and CHRONO TRIGGER come out over the course of like 5 years was incredible - and that was just on the SNES. The Genesis had Phantasy Star 3/4, Shining Force 2, Lunar, Beyond Oasis, Shadowrun... man. Maybe it's just because I was moving more toward PC gaming by the mid 90s, but I never was quite as enchanted by the games of the N64 and Playstation as I was the earlier consoles. There were still some RPG gems at that time, but the magic wasn't quite the same because my tastes were changing and the industry had evolved. PC gaming just went crazy from 1996-2005 and even best stuff on the consoles couldn't keep up with the PC in my book (also top end 3dfx card back then helped...) Maybe I've grown up too much, but gaming nowadays just gives me a shadow of how I used to feel in that era when every couple of months there would be another game which was truly mind blowing. These days it's 100% graphics over gameplay or even story. And whenever they rehash an old game, it's all shiny but not the same as playing it in its time.

In conclusion, FFVII remake is going to be super fancy AAA, it will be good, and it's going to make a Scrooge McDuck level Moneypit for SquareEnix, but it will never be as magical as when you played it when it was out... and even that can't touch those early 90s JRPGs. Now get off my lawn!

I have at least half of these in boxes in my closet right now. All the early final fantasy games are in there too. Honestly, Lunar the Eternal Blue was one of the best early ones (Sega CD ftw.)

Working Designs translations certainly didn't hold up but Lunar can still have its fun moments buried under some bullshit.

Also SHENMUE 3, TAKE MY MONEY YU SUZUKI AND FINISH THIS TRAVESTY:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/ysnet/shenmue-3/description

Speaking of Shenmue, I hear you're looking for sailors... Better be careful though, those sailor types can be rough! Also Dreamcast FTW. If Sega had not bothered with the buggy and ill-timed Saturn and instead focused on getting the Dreamcast out by 1997, the console landscape would probably look VERY different today.

The Dreamcast game Ooga Booga is unbelievably fun. Though a totally different genera then this thread is discussing :p

get the fuck out of my thread with garbage that is not final fantasy 7. every other bullshit game can go into an inferior thread.

Cloud-Strife-Cosplay-Playstation.jpeg

Hey guys!!! I hear they're remaking my game!

Chrono Trigger was best game of all time but Final Fantasy 7 was right there with it and when i saw the remake trailer earlier i fucking cried...... my childhood is coming back.

Chrono Trigger was best game of all time but Final Fantasy 7 was right there with it and when i saw the remake trailer earlier i fucking cried...... my childhood is coming back.

get the fuck out of here with your crazy

Damn, I thought this was gonna be another one of those awesome threads where some pissed off player finally snaps and goes apeshit on the forums.

Carry on with your nerdery.

Chrono Trigger was best game of all time...
Speaking of Chrono Trigger and enhanced remakes... RIP Chrono Resurrection. Thank you SquareEnix for sending a cease and desist order instead of hiring these good people and giving them the money they deserved.

Back
Top Bottom