Fuck your game

Here's the deal, they cannot simply remake FF7 with new graphics and call it a day. The modern gamer just wouldn't have it. SquareEnix wants to make money. Pissing off those of us whose dreams are just a series of FF7 walkthroughs (and who will buy the game anyways) to make the game more appealing to flipperfisted holdmyhandplease """gamers""" = moar $$$. Leveraging nostalgia is almost exclusively how Hollywood makes movies nowadays (though, sub in shutdownmybrainandenjoytheride and woahcgi'splosions and owwmyballs) and I am not sure the gaming industry following suit is a good thing.

It will still probably be a mostly great game and sell a bunch of PS4s, but something tells me that this crowd of people will still prefer the original at the end of the day.

Here's the deal, they cannot simply remake FF7 with new graphics and call it a day. The modern gamer just wouldn't have it. SquareEnix wants to make money. Pissing off those of us whose dreams are just a series of FF7 walkthroughs (and who will buy the game anyways) to make the game more appealing to flipperfisted holdmyhandplease """gamers""" = moar $$$. Leveraging nostalgia is almost exclusively how Hollywood makes movies nowadays (though, sub in shutdownmybrainandenjoytheride and woahcgi'splosions and owwmyballs) and I am not sure the gaming industry following suit is a good thing.

It will still probably be a mostly great game and sell a bunch of PS4s, but something tells me that this crowd of people will still prefer the original at the end of the day.

There is nothing wrong with liking the original more even if the new turns out to be great as well. FF7 was one of the best rpg's and it will never lose its nostalgic factor.

I could easily see the ff7 remake being the highest selling game of all time, wouldn't shock me if that game makes them over a billion in profits.

I just dug FF7 & 8 out of my closet someone come get me in 2 weeks i may be scared of the light =D. I hope they release this to PC too because I dont want to buy a ps4 to play 1 game but this definitely gives me a boner.

Back
Top Bottom