Eldenals

Yeah I was pulling at straws after I thought of Cata. Looked at the zone connection map, threw in an Ikisith zone though I agree it doesn't jive (best word)... I'm not really sure if people go to FG often, I just think that zone is a pita therefore make people go there. Sirens Grotto, not many go there? As Vitali says it should be close and Cata is pretty much the only option in that regard, yet that is a popular zone nowdays.

Rad: The problem with it being Elds is that everyone after 65 basically wants an Athica neck, and some people maybe skipped the medals, skipped elds, whatever now they are stronger and are going to come back with a vengeance and push out / cockblock/ train 60-fresh 65 people. Personally I recall always passing on the medal rotation just to make it easy, now plan to go back and pull everything making me part of the problem. But I cba because I have bad memories of the zone from my early days that I just can't shake (nerf to old knight wep ratio hurt bad man).

Wasn't the athica neck basically already put in an additional place that nobody ever goes with the implimentation of the kelethin neck in kedge?

Elds has traditionally been one of THE go-to places for so many things over the years, it was just SUCH a desirable place to be, so the SoD playerbase in general said "This is the best spot, so it's the only spot."

-I think Chrux leveled an entire buff-army there via new 60-65 players by having them bring their new toon and sitting one of his buffers in a corner while he chain pulled the zone.

-Experienced 65s would basically solo large parts of the zone with their new alts for an athica neck.

-Jerk-offs would run into the zone to snipe names when groups of tier-appropriate groups were there for money drops.

In response, spawn timers were lengthened, vendor prices were dropped, etc. With the advent of Ikisith I think lowering spawn times in Elds is the way to go to make it...not necessarily "the best" again but at least make it a viable place for newer 65 groups to go to again. Ikisith BoE items and exp-able adept items have increased new and sub-65 power levels to a height that I personally would have never seen coming and new groups are able to kill the entire zone and have to wait on respawns long enough that they say "screw it...let's go to another zone."

I've recently joined brand new 65s (often times not even full groups) on Dimmi or even on my scummy monk alt and still killed Elds fast enough that we're waiting long enough to run laps through the zone on respawns and it's just too much. DN's respawns seem to be about right and would be a good model to follow imo.

I'm not a huge fan of moving a lot of the quest items around (lookin at you, wood elf clicky shoulders) to some obscure zone people don't like to go to. Having them in elds might promote higher level toons blasting the zone, but it also promotes higher level toons mixing in with newer toons in elds to show them the ropes, and gives those newer toons something they might use for more than a clicky while they do the zone. Making the charter pages more frequent drops would be a nice touch as well, especially now that ikisith boe items can quickly trivialize them as an item.

EDIT: I'd hate to see a zone that was as popular and enjoyable at one point as elds become a new RSM with quests in it nobody does that is only used for occassional farming of specific money droppers. RIP RSM wrist =(

Last edited:
Well, I agree, Dimmi.

There are lots of reasons to go there. There still would be with my suggestion, but the issues would be mitigated a little bit. Not eliminated, but mitigated.

Moving the bounties there to other places follows in line with a lot of the design intent of bounties (places that don't get a lot of notice getting a reason to be noticed). Adding a higher difficulty but higher faction/hour option at least mitigates the "tier 10 player slaughtering whole zone and complaining about respawn timer offering 4 leech spots medals claimed" issues.

Side note: The key to a good "somewhere else" idea is picking a place that people don't go often. Also, putting an Athica faction item on Ikisith doesn't really... fit... work... jive... I don't know, some word along those lines. It's just probably not gonna get my support.

The Deep?

I feel like Catacombs is a good idea, but iirc there aren't many mobs down there. I guess the could be said about Elds though too.

It can't really be anywhere else, since Athica faction should be affected by it's surroundings. Nothing on the island is that much higher then Elds aside from HMal and other 6man/ raid content. Would be silly to put Athica faction items in HHK. Would make sense to put Newport faction in HHK though.
I do not understand how/why newport would need more options for faction items, there are bandits/gnolls for lowbies, paw for mid-levels, and then everchill for the lvl65 crowd.

I do not understand how/why newport would need more options for faction items, there are bandits/gnolls for lowbies, paw for mid-levels, and then everchill for the lvl65 crowd.

There is no reason to add more options to Newport faction gains, just was a response to someone saying (I think anyway) add Athica faction items to HHK for drops. Maybe it was a suggestion for bounty locations though.

Wasn't the athica neck basically already put in an additional place that nobody ever goes with the implimentation of the kelethin neck in kedge?

how about a new source of kelethin faction? farming those fins are dreadful, i really only know one person who's done it (hi nath)

how about a new source of kelethin faction? farming those fins are dreadful, i really only know one person who's done it (hi nath)

More people have done it than Nathasar. Also Kedge Keep is an awesome zone and that's why I farmed fins for a mostly useless gate neck.

well I knew more people had done it tbh, but its a small number. And I'd say your part of a small minority of people who enjoy that zone

would be a nice zone to revamp, it's sort of fallen into the mudflation area of "wasted zones" 6 years later... along with mielb/c, rsm, fg, among others.

however, it's still got a lot of advantages and is a pretty solid zone. just cutting the respawn back down to 30 mins would be an easy solution

MielechC is an awesome zone it just needs easier access. Personally I like it because its always open and people leave nameds up for me to farm. The only thing I hate is zoning through 2 stupid long zones to get there.

MielechC is an awesome zone it just needs easier access.

Yeah,running a box to there even with Vah necks is horrible,maybe move entrance to Miel A.
Driving further away from the topic ...
I also almost never go to Ikilid because the run is so horrible long,suggestion:move the entrance
to Ikilid to SWoT if not even place a mop portal in Murk (I know it wont happen :) ).

If you think the run to MielC is long you're probably doing it wrong, I use the leftmost zone in B. Little bit more time running to that in B makes it so much more straightforward in C. I can get there faster than a run to DN probably!

Otherwise you're lazy, and I opt for lazy, because you are Driizz <3

love miel c. its not a long run. but it is annoying and its only annoying because i can't auto follow my alts! (half troll)

Lorewise, HHK fits in the best for an addition to Eld's for medallions, but yet another zone that is overfarmed (at times) and would quickly become once again overcamped.

Looking at lore AND zones, you could make it possible from also the cleric & pally guilds in NFP as well, for the lower levels to get in on the action, but then you have a metric crapton of stuff there already that is for quests, but the zone is basically used for... that. And empty except people questing or farming stuff anyway.

Just ideas.

hhk has the same problems elds does... long respawn and been nerfed to the point cash is terrible idk why its being suggested

Back
Top Bottom