Dyes

I agree it would be best to keep it to a limited palette of subdued colors. A dark green, instead of a lime, dark red instead of pink, bronze brown instead of orange, etc...

I personally kept all my character's armor dyed a very dark blood red, midnight blue, or black on Live. With the SK I copied the Bloodforge look, which was used in a lv 30 SK set of quested armor. Black BP legs and armplates, blood red helm, boots, bracers and gauntlets. <3

Just say no to pink.

I love how people say this "ruined" the game. So, you're saying you'd stick with a full suit of Rubi rather than say, a BP of Vindication and some leggings from Ssra, or etc. Oh wait, now you have a black BP and these sickeningly gross purple leather legs. But the stats are good, and that's what counts. Oh yeah, and you have this light blue helm. And bright green shoes.

Yeah, I guess it's original and all, but then wait. everyone else in your guild who's your class wants the same thing, because those items have the best stats, well crap. Now we all look the same ... butt ugly. Oh well, I guess dyes would ruin originality ...

Vertigo said:
I love how people say this "ruined" the game. So, you're saying you'd stick with a full suit of Rubi rather than say, a BP of Vindication and some leggings from Ssra, or etc. Oh wait, now you have a black BP and these sickeningly gross purple leather legs. But the stats are good, and that's what counts. Oh yeah, and you have this light blue helm. And bright green shoes.

Yeah, I guess it's original and all, but then wait. everyone else in your guild who's your class wants the same thing, because those items have the best stats, well crap. Now we all look the same ... butt ugly. Oh well, I guess dyes would ruin originality ...

Bingo!

Just imagine this in real life.

Two popular girls from school go to the prom.

Two girls find each other wearing the exact same dress, exact same color and all the little knick knacks that goes with it.

Cat fight ensues.

Two boyfriends go off somewhere for a drink to avoid the embarrassment.

'nuff said........

Yiz

Show me two top-three characters of their class that have the same visible gear, since by your logic the best equipped characters would have near identical equipment. Since visible equipment is less than half of your slots, it stands to reason that at least one of the 13 classes would have two identically looking characters.

The example I gave, comes from my experience on live. So, as it relates to here? I'm thinking long term. No, it's not an immediate concern, of course not. But, has and does the affore mentioned scenario happen? Well it did on live. Maybe it won't here, who knows. I know it's something I'd rather avoid again. Why ...

Well, the affore mentioned was actually exactly what happened.
Shaman Wearing: Vindi BP, Ssra Legs, Mithril Helm, Onyx Chain Sleeves.
x6

Yeap, real original. But at the time, that was about the best our Shamans could get. We were only doing ToV for alts at that point, and were pretty much focused on shards and doing Ssra. So this was the loot we had, however when dyes came out, we were able to have the same visible gear, and color it however we wanted. Some guilds went with a guild color, an example being this one guild with purple bracers, red gaunts, and everything else black.

Yes, it is a bit of a double edged sword though, the argument that the Shaman wearing Vindi BP, Onyx Chain sleeves and legs worked hard for them, and now someone with a Mith BP and Banded sleeves and legs could get the exact same look. Well, so what? It's just a pissing contest anyways. Honestly though, I didn't go with that look once the dyes were implemented, I always liked the green of Skyshrine chain, so I had it and black alternating. BP, Bracers, Boots were all black, and everything else was that nice green.

Then again, I also say you want to be bright pink or purple or whatever, go right ahead. I won't group with you ... regardless of how l33t you are. I just won't. But y'know, we can't overlook the alternative culture angle so it would be wrong to exclude or be prejudice against such things.

BTW, if you're offended that I made a comment that insinuates that a number of homosexuals like the colors pink and purple, or other similarly bright colors. Then please, stop using the triangle and the rainbow thing. And tell your ... brethren, to stop liking those colors so much.

Vertigo said:
BTW, if you're offended that I made a comment that insinuates that a number of homosexuals like the colors pink and purple, or other similarly bright colors. Then please, stop using the triangle and the rainbow thing. And tell your ... brethren, to stop liking those colors so much.

Why was this necessary to your comment?

Vertigo said:
I hope you don't take offense to what I say. What makes you think that every gay/bi/whatever person likes pink and bright colors? That's a stereotype. Some gay people do, but not all. I think you should really take a step out of redneck-village and learn a little more about the world.

I guess my sense of humor doesn't translate very well in text. So, sorry but I did have my reasons. It was a joke, as I would assume the redneck comment was.

Your comment didn't look like a joke to me. It looked rather red-neck like. If you were kidding I take back what I said, but I recommend you word things like that carefully. Reading sarcasm/jokes/humor is pretty hard sometimes through the internet. Sometimes even a "jk" or :) will do the trick. Peace.

I'd like to see dyes implemented into the game. Each person puts their own time and effort into their own characters so allowing them to customize the color of their armor is a nice perk. Make the dyes available thru Alchemy or Brewing and cost around 400 plat. This way everybody doesn't have a different outfit for each day of the week. Custimize YOUR character the way YOU want it to look. If you don't care, you can save your cash and poke fun at others for wasting theirs.

I agree.. if dyes cost upwards of 200-400pp the only people that would have customized looks are 60+ people. That would definitely keep people from changing their looks every week.

As it is now I have seen practically no high levels with matching gear. They look just as ugly as the lower levels.

If it cost around 1500pp to change the look of your character, it would definitely make people think twice about choosing pink to be "funny"

I'm only level 59 right now and I am nowhere near close to obtaining this amount of money let alone spend it on aesthetics. It would definitely be a status symbol with reasonably high priced dyes, and provide a money sink as well.

I don't think certain colors should be eliminated though. No need to limit what a person should choose if they like the look. Personally I used to use lime green gloves, bracers, and boots, with the rest being dark green. I liked the look.

Vertigo said:
The example I gave, comes from my experience on live. So, as it relates to here? I'm thinking long term. No, it's not an immediate concern, of course not. But, has and does the affore mentioned scenario happen? Well it did on live. Maybe it won't here, who knows. I know it's something I'd rather avoid again. Why ...

Well, the affore mentioned was actually exactly what happened.
Shaman Wearing: Vindi BP, Ssra Legs, Mithril Helm, Onyx Chain Sleeves.
x6

Yeap, real original. But at the time, that was about the best our Shamans could get. We were only doing ToV for alts at that point, and were pretty much focused on shards and doing Ssra. So this was the loot we had, however when dyes came out, we were able to have the same visible gear, and color it however we wanted. Some guilds went with a guild color, an example being this one guild with purple bracers, red gaunts, and everything else black.

Yes, it is a bit of a double edged sword though, the argument that the Shaman wearing Vindi BP, Onyx Chain sleeves and legs worked hard for them, and now someone with a Mith BP and Banded sleeves and legs could get the exact same look. Well, so what? It's just a pissing contest anyways. Honestly though, I didn't go with that look once the dyes were implemented, I always liked the green of Skyshrine chain, so I had it and black alternating. BP, Bracers, Boots were all black, and everything else was that nice green.

Then again, I also say you want to be bright pink or purple or whatever, go right ahead. I won't group with you ... regardless of how l33t you are. I just won't. But y'know, we can't overlook the alternative culture angle so it would be wrong to exclude or be prejudice against such things.

The fact that you base whether or not you will group with a person on the color of his armor discredits any other argument you bring up.

If they were to go in (which they probably won't), I think it would be best if only non magic armor could be dyed. We could keep the uniqueness of dropped armor and let people play around with dyes if they chose.

I think dyes would be great in game but just make them super ultra rare drops and only in raid zones, So after 20-30 raids you may see one drop. Maybe even make them sellable.

I just attended my first raid yesterday, and it really sucks to see all these guys with uber gear look sillly with their mix and match armor. Lower level players look way better, and I really think it should be the other way around.

Rambler said:
I wear a big dirty red robe. But you don't see my complaining!

I can confirm that it is in fact dirty. You should see the BACK of his robe. I was standing behind him in line the other day and I had just finished eating some fried chicken...and...well...

...I forgot to get those little wet napkin things.

Sorry about your robe. Gnomes probably can make some damn nice detergent to get that stuff out though. :)

Back
Top Bottom