Council of Innovation quest megathread

Status
Not open for further replies.
for Branral Iceforg:

Handed in a stack of ears, handed in another stack of ears, handed in a third stack of ears. On the third stack he returns 4 to me. After trying to hand them in again he still just returns them. If I go through the dialog he just offers the same text as before and the Dealing with the Snobolds quest still remains active.

This is on Eldorath

[blue]Meat edit: Fixed.[/blue]

Haisei said:
Having a problem turning items in to Gimble in Shadowdale. When I turn in the scitterous mechanopendages that I pick up from WPL, he wont accept them. I tried following the quest dialogue through again and then handing them in, but he keeps handing them back to me. I also tried, because I could think of nothing else, to delete one set of scitterous mechanoapendages and pick up another to hand in, that did not work either.

Not sure what i'm doing wrong. :psyduck:

You turn the items in in sets of four, like the quest dialog says. One at a time will not work. Lucky for you, the quest is temporarily disabled while I wait for wiz to log in so he can delete all the groundspawns in plaguelands for me. Apparently, they've been instantly repopping the entire time (they're supposed to have a several-hour repop time, forcing you to get the items from more than one location :O ).

Thinkmeats said:
You turn the items in in sets of four, like the quest dialog says. One at a time will not work. Lucky for you, the quest is temporarily disabled while I wait for wiz to log in so he can delete all the groundspawns in plaguelands for me. Apparently, they've been instantly repopping the entire time (they're supposed to have a several-hour repop time, forcing you to get the items from more than one location :O ).

Alright, silly mistake by me then, I misread the message. By the way, I haven't been lucky enough to have seen them instantly repopping myself.

Just went back in and tried to hand the fangs in again and they were still rejected.

megathonii said:
Got another problem. Started doing the thurg CoI quests and he gave me the ice kobolds and the crystal caverns one. I got the items from CC but when I go to turn them in they get rejected and I get them back.

I'm the annoying one Torroth. Would I have gotten the quest if i wasn't. The dwarf gave me 2 quests: The Snobolds and the Spider Fangs. I haven't done the Snobold one but I have gotten the fangs for the other. Am I suppose to do the Snobold one first as it seems those are the only quests i have available at the moment.

Thinkmeats said:

Several Hours?!?! Ouch Thats going to be a nasty bottle neck on that quest. When I ran around the zone it looked like there was only about 8-10 spots for those items to spawn. 2 Guys doing the quest would empty the zone out for "several hours"

yaemz123 said:
I got the feedback quest from Rinbo Strongfoot, and went and killed the mobs requested while prodding them. I received the message that I had learned all I could about them, after doing enough, then went back to talk to him again... He said thanks, and I got faction experience, but my quest "Study the Locals" did not complete or update. So I hailed Rinbo again, and he said he had to go, but not to someplace bad. I gained more faction exp and it said I completed a quest "To Play in the Forest", but I had never been given that quest. My journal says I've done that one but not completed the 1st one from him, and I still have my feedback prod.

It may be fixed as far as others getting the quest, but I still have "Study the Locals" as unfinished, with "To Play in the Forest" as finished, and I can't hail Rinbo to do whatever it would take to finish the supposedly unfinished one. Also, I was just dumb not to notice the feedback prod was no rent

megathonii said:
I'm the annoying one Torroth. Would I have gotten the quest if i wasn't. The dwarf gave me 2 quests: The Snobolds and the Spider Fangs. I haven't done the Snobold one but I have gotten the fangs for the other. Am I suppose to do the Snobold one first as it seems those are the only quests i have available at the moment.

You're not supposed to get the spider fang quest without also getting the zaranth quest. The bug is that you got the quest early. I'ma fix it. Sorry mate.

edit nm just moved the rank requirement notch down a tick instead

Kirin Folken said:
Several Hours?!?! Ouch Thats going to be a nasty bottle neck on that quest. When I ran around the zone it looked like there was only about 8-10 spots for those items to spawn. 2 Guys doing the quest would empty the zone out for "several hours"

Except you're mistaken about how many spots there are =)

Trying to talk to the scout in Whisperling about "To play in the Forest" and she says nothing to me. Quest is still under 'Active' in the journal.

This is Ryutakin

[blue]Meat edit: Not a bug.[/blue]

Thinkmeats said:
Except you're mistaken about how many spots there are =)
Except it seems the zone is STILL emptied out everytime I go in there, unless you somehow gave the objects a more distinctive groundspawn look than a bag on the ground. invis pots aren't cheap either.

[blue]Meat edit: Quest is disabled pending bugfix like I said it was. I wouldn't advise using more invis potions on it :eek:[/blue]

Fixed some tings. See post edits.

yaemz123 said:
It may be fixed as far as others getting the quest, but I still have "Study the Locals" as unfinished, with "To Play in the Forest" as finished, and I can't hail Rinbo to do whatever it would take to finish the supposedly unfinished one. Also, I was just dumb not to notice the feedback prod was no rent

Yeah, yours is a little messed up, but I wouldn't worry about it because the bug hooked you up with a pretty big bag of free faction xp :)

yaemz123 said:
I got the feedback quest from Rinbo Strongfoot, and went and killed the mobs requested while prodding them. I received the message that I had learned all I could about them, after doing enough, then went back to talk to him again... He said thanks, and I got faction experience, but my quest "Study the Locals" did not complete or update. So I hailed Rinbo again, and he said he had to go, but not to someplace bad. I gained more faction exp and it said I completed a quest "To Play in the Forest", but I had never been given that quest. My journal says I've done that one but not completed the 1st one from him, and I still have my feedback prod.

I' have the same. I didn't notice it immediatly since I was in a hurry and needed to log. But last time I've opened the journal, I had the same problem on Bohort. I've completed the quest at night btw, while I had no problem at day with Mafate. I don't know if that matters...

Kelval said:
I' have the same. I didn't notice it immediatly since I was in a hurry and needed to log. But last time I've opened the journal, I had the same problem on Bohort. I've completed the quest at night btw, while I had no problem at day with Mafate. I don't know if that matters...

yaemz123 has a very strange problem where he got credit for completing To Play in the Forest without ever accepting the quest. If that's what you also have, then again, just be happy with your free bag of faction xp. If that *isn't* what you have--if Rinbo ran off before you completed Study the Locals--then there's no bug at all: his unfortunate situation overwrites the previous quest as he no longer really cares much about studying bats.

Thinkmeats said:
You're not supposed to get the spider fang quest without also getting the zaranth quest. The bug is that you got the quest early. I'ma fix it. Sorry mate.

Who the heck gives me that quest? I can't find the one who gives it.

EQ000198.jpg

Came up during the Deep see exploration quest. Syntax error. Might have been just me but it kept coming up.

Thinkmeats said:
yaemz123 has a very strange problem where he got credit for completing To Play in the Forest without ever accepting the quest. If that's what you also have, then again, just be happy with your free bag of faction xp. If that *isn't* what you have--if Rinbo ran off before you completed Study the Locals--then there's no bug at all: his unfortunate situation overwrites the previous quest as he no longer really cares much about studying bats.

Yes, it is what happened. I had supposedly completed the feedback quest, reported to him, and got a double shot of faction exp, plus the "completion" of the play in the forest quest. Grats me I suppose :).

I did Rinbo's Play in the Forest quest three times now. He's always telling me to go back to the camp to talk to him, but every time he's just telling me the same "I can't take it anymore!" thing, so I can't finish the quest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom