Codex of Power Revamp

Create Expendable AAs to remove the need of using buff bots would be cool. For X number of AAs you can cast a soulbound version of buff Y. Pretty sure (not positive) that no one would have problems with no longer needing to log buff bots over and over to get all the buffs you want SB

Could also make an exp able version of soul bound (not saying get rid of current soul bound but add another soul bound) so that shamans could SB all their buffs instead of having to recast 3-4 buffs each time someone dies

Imo that system and idea are dated and need to catch up with the times. Withholding nearly half the tomes that exist for a elite few people is a stupid idea when many people are running out of things to put xp into.
Yale
<Exodus>

There are a few things wrong with your arguments this far, the first is you are complaining about rarity of books to exp for the new people and talking about running out of things to exp. which is it? Is it too hard to find things to exp or are people really running out of things to exp? Or is it that you are running out of things to exp?

Second, this was stated by the people that make the game that it was the vision for opus to be raid only. There have been 3 or 4 threads trying to discuss this. If you do not like it resurrect a previous thread instead of messing up this one, or create a new one.

Finally, the game caters to those that invest. Mmo's are founded on competition, play compete collect phats. Maybe this type of game does not appeal to you and you should try working in the real world. Wait no that is founded on very similar features. Work your ass of get ahead.

Finally, the game caters to those that invest. Mmo's are founded on competition, play compete collect phats. Maybe this type of game does not appeal to you and you should try working in the real world. Wait no that is founded on very similar features. Work your ass of get ahead.
this part was really funny thanks for the laughs!
[Edit] guess i should have been more specific the last 2 sentences were really funny.

Tevinter said:
ITEMS are a pretty huge part of character progression after tier 11, and afaik were designed to be that way rather than an extension of the regular ITEM system.
Yale1 said:
Imo that system and idea are dated and need to catch up with the times. Withholding nearly half the ITEMS that exist for a elite few people is a stupid idea when many people are running out of ITEMS

if i change all the references to opus, to items, does that make yale's arguments stronger or weaker??

you decide

if i change all the references to opus, to items, does that make yale's arguments stronger or weaker??

you decide

Scarecrow, total misrepresentation and an obvious lack of understanding as to what is being said.

Yale
<Exodus>

I'm not going to argue this anymore. Until I hear a valid rebuttal to my suggestions, which I have yet to hear even 1. Im done talking about this.
And no. Scarecrows, bad jokes and circular logic do not count as valid points.
I am glad it is not the members of Shining force I have to convince

Yale
<Exo>

Last edited:
No it is not.
Think of the tomes and what they do.
Elemental books (magic, fire, cold, lifetap) 2% per book so 4% overall = increase of 4 levels of elemental focus @ 1% each
Crit evo 1% chance to crit = not currently in game but previously 2 evocation or 25% bonus to supreme charm
Healing 1% per book = 2% overall so almost an additional rank of healing increment

These stay with you long past item progression if you think about it, it makes sense to have the last 2 ranks high tier raid progression. It isnt even that high tier when you can get opus 1 in lower thazz.

No it is not.
Elemental books (magic, fire, cold, lifetap) 2% per book so 4% overall = increase of 4 levels of elemental focus @ 1% each
Crit evo 1% chance to crit = not currently in game but previously 2 evocation or 25% bonus to supreme charm
Healing 1% per book = 2% overall so almost an additional rank of healing increment

These stay with you long past item progression if you think about it, it makes sense to have the last 2 ranks high tier raid progression. It isnt even that high tier when you can get opus 1 in lower thazz.

If they put these tomes in as healing 1,2,3,4 and no Opus's, from the beginning and everyone had access to them from the beginning, I am certain no one would have even noticed. They would not have arrived at #4 and said "by god this should be high tier raid loot" "but if it was just 2 tomes it should be ok" You simply say that because this is the system you are familiar with. Your just being bias. You could say the same thing about tomes 1 and 2 and not having any, thus implying that you need to raid to get 1 and 2

Yale
<exo>

If they put these tomes in as healing 1,2,3,4 and no Opus's, from the beginning and everyone had access to them from the beginning, I am certain no one would have even noticed. They would not have arrived at #4 and said "by god this should be high tier raid loot" "but if it was just 2 tomes it should be ok" You simply say that because this is the system you are familiar with. Your just being bias. You could say the same thing about tomes 1 and 2 and not having any, thus implying that you need to raid to get 1 and 2

Yale
<exo>

I thought you were done?

Yale
<exo>

Also probably not, the dev team would have looked at it and then made the decision that they might have to retweak/balance lower end content because people with T6 gear have T10+ focuses.

Also probably not, the dev team would have looked at it and then made the decision that they might have to retweak/balance lower end content because people with T6 gear have T10+ focuses.

I swooped in because it was an easy win.
Heh. Your problem and many others is that you function off of the logic that the status quo is the one constant of all reality and possibility. What is now perceived to be t10 + focuses would simply be altered in that reality.

Yale
<Exodus>

I swooped in because it was an easy win.
Heh. Your problem and many others is that you function off of the logic that the status quo is the one constant of all reality and possibility. What is now perceived to be t10 + focuses would simply be altered in that reality.

Yale
<Exodus>

Who can predict the future and what reality is when we are in a video game that has 0 to do with real life and logic. This games decisions are made by the view of the dev team and GM's not by logic and reasoning

*DISCLAIMER*
I am not saying that the dev team and GM's are not logical and full of reason.

Who can predict the future and what reality is when we are in a video game that has 0 to do with real life and logic. This games decisions are made by the view of the dev team and GM's not by logic and reasoning

*DISCLAIMER*
I am not saying that the dev team and GM's are not logical and full of reason.

I rest my case

you should just become and dev and make these changes, and then re-balance all raid and 6 man content around the massive amount of additional power handed out in the form of these tomes.

sounds like a plan.

Your just being bias.
Says the one who is complaining that they are out of things to exp but it is to hard to get things for new players to exp...Why should the entire game system change because you don't have the time or ability to raid but you still want to exp. Guess what i want to have all the best loot in the game and don't have the time to raid to get there in the immediate future maybe they should change that so i can get all the same items as reehs by farming kaesora! (not saying reehs has all the best items in the game but is a lot better off than myself atm)

No it is not.

I think your healing calculation is off doesnt exceptional healing increase crit chance by 1% not increase healing by 1% these are different.

Says the one who is complaining that they are out of things to exp but it is to hard to get things for new players to exp...Why should the entire game system change because you don't have the time or ability to raid but you still want to exp. Guess what i want to have all the best loot in the game and don't have the time to raid to get there in the immediate future maybe they should change that so i can get all the same items as reehs by farming kaesora! (not saying reehs has all the best items in the game but is a lot better off than myself atm)

First off, do not try and dismiss my claims by simply calling them complaining. I made numerous suggestions as to compliments to this codex change, you are cherry picking one and then putting up a scarecrow. The idea behind changing the tome system to a 4 part system is to simplify and to get the tomes on a universal system that can be taken advantage of by all players. Regardless of if you raid, 6 man, group or solo, in a guild, not in a guild, play 14 hours a day, play 1 hour a day, everyone kills stuff to get Xp, it is a universal principle, it makes absolutely no sense to withold 50% of the tomes from people because they don't meet every contingency. Getting Opus's or class 3 or 4 tomes is not based off of one contingency, though it seems to be represented as to being this way. These tomes should have never been raid loot to begin with, so your last point is moot.

you should just become and dev and make these changes, and then re-balance all raid and 6 man content around the massive amount of additional power handed out in the form of these tomes.

sounds like a plan.

Exaggeration. Because someone gets a few percent more in damage or a 1 or two percent chance to heal does not require and entire game change. Of course you would be basing your entire argument on the idea that everyone had every tome that was important done. Does anyone on this forum ever say anything without vasts amounts of unspoken assumptions? I think the idea people roll with at this very moment ringers presents a greater problem to the balancing of content, or the fact that people who have tier 13 gear and these as you put it "massive amounts of additional power" are killing 18 and 6 man's that are not on par with their gear, such as examples forest gloom or the emberflow named. Until you resolved those 2 issues having 2 percent to something can easily be overlooked. I find it amazing how concerned people become about balencing once others get access to their toys

First off, do not try and dismiss my claims by simply calling them complaining. I made numerous suggestions as to compliments to this codex change, you are cherry picking one and then putting up a scarecrow. The idea behind changing the tome system to a 4 part system is to simplify and to get the tomes on a universal system that can be taken advantage of by all players. Regardless of if you raid, 6 man, group or solo, in a guild, not in a guild, play 14 hours a day, play 1 hour a day, everyone kills stuff to get Xp, it is a universal principle, it makes absolutely no sense to withold 50% of the tomes from people because they don't meet every contingency. Getting Opus's or class 3 or 4 tomes is not based off of one contingency, though it seems to be represented as to being this way. These tomes should have never been raid loot to begin with, so your last point is moot.
This is entirely your opinion based upon no facts number balancing or anything other than you complaining and honestly its stupid. Tomes obviously should have been raid loot or they wouldn't drop from raid monsters. Just because you want to complain that you cant raid and get them doesn't mean anything.
Show me something factual to support your argument other than "they never should have been raid loot everyone gets exp" does that mean expable items also shouldn't be raid loot? cause everyone could put exp into that also?

As for your second statement if 2% can easily be over looked then why are you here complaining that you cant get that 2% in the first place?

Tomes obviously should have been raid loot or they wouldn't drop from raid monsters. \

- That appears to be circular reasoning to me.

Honestly, y'all should make a new thread about this, so at least it has the proper title. It has been covered a few times. I will repost my idea there, because I think it's awesome.

Back
Top Bottom