Class Top 5 List (Thade version)

Went through and added everyone who had neglected to post for themselves because they are jerks. Almost every class list has been updated. If you see something that looks wrong (especially the knight's... they are a massive cluster fuck of gtoo ruling) post it.

Hp/ac/mana updates. People who posted updated. Yeah, lots of updates.

Also debating getting rid of the stars except shaman mask/shout. Most of those spells are just not strong enough to be usable as a pass.

Last edited:
Ranger list should actually go

Caer
Skos
SS
Drello
Anik

Drello is beat defensively by everyone and all have 3% haste or or better weaps. Skos's tomes let him pass SS easily. Lastly Anik has all 3 *.

Oh noes, you updated the lists when I had pottery boots on! That is so bad.

Im way better then Vexiz, jeez he has no runic, no awsome tomes and he is a Iksar!

Oh noes, you updated the lists when I had pottery boots on! That is so bad.

Im way better then Vexiz, jeez he has no runic, no awsome tomes and he is a Iksar!

This is what you get for doing tradeskills!!

Actually I neglected to look at beastlords (who the hell plays this class??!?!?) and barely looked at ranger. both fixed.

Yeah and now my TS have a new price, I added 600pp per aug. Special price only for Thade!

"Who the hell...."??? Beastlords are the MOST awsome class in game. Hmpf.

Also debating getting rid of the stars except shaman mask/shout. Most of those spells are just not strong enough to be usable as a pass.
Consider adding stars for final vah banners instead, they are strong enough for a pass quite often.

runic2 and vah banner should be considered. for instance, the actual best magician character in this game is not even on the top 5 list...

and

does not compute well.

Yes it does. None of those spells are good enough to make a pass. The sk self buff is a minor upgrade, the reverse life tap is okay but not that great. Plus 95% of characters actively trying to get on the top 5 have these spells because of what you get for grinding the factions anyway (runics, gate clickies) people have already acquired them. If you had ALL of the spells and the other person had none of them and you had the EXACT SAME GEAR it might make a pass. The reason those lists are such a massive fuck pile is because specific characters either have a ton of gear and few tomes, or an assload of tomes and less gear

As for valdian.. I don't have enough actual information about the runic 2 pet's dps to really evaluate if it's a pass or not. Without the pet while he may have more mana than zoroth, zoroth has way more tomes done, more ft, and an eternal. Their personal dps will be close because of the difference in focus effects vs tomes. It's really close. I would need to know the actual dps difference between the two of them.

As for vah. Don't get me wrong, it's great. If you click it every time it's up it's ~10% dps increase overall, which is huge! Except in reality that never happens. You click it as an oh shit button to save your self/raid when things go bad. Vah matters. But see rule #4

"4. Bagged items do not count. I don't care if it is the Holy Grail. If it's not in, I don't care. The only time I will ever care, is when its an old character, that is not wearing a class critical item, that I am well aware that they have, but can't get ahold of them to pop it in. That will not happen often. Only in cases where it is something frequently swapped out (such as warrior shields, or ranja bows) by the class as part of it's nature depending on situations. Bagged foci, will never count. Ever. Do not mention it. Ever. If you do, I will ignore your posts until the end of time, no matter what is in them. You have been warned."

If you're wearing it, it matters. If you aren't it doesn't. End of discussion!

And yes, runic 2's do matter.. well some of them anyway. Some of them are just bad (bard runic 2 is pretty much shit, sk and paladin one aren't very special either) but in the case of the pets I don't know how much more dps valdians pet is actually doing without him providing me with some parses.

As for vah. Don't get me wrong, it's great. If you click it every time it's up it's ~10% dps increase overall, which is huge! Except in reality that never happens. You click it as an oh shit button to save your self/raid when things go bad. Vah matters. But see rule #4

If you're wearing it, it matters. If you aren't it doesn't. End of discussion!
You are fooling yourself here, and you know it cause we discussed it in IRC some time ago. But sure, have it your way. I will have fun once solo is close to a pass - comparison and list invalid whenever I feel like switching my ammo item...

(PS: Caster DPS don't use it as a oh shit thing, we use it as a oh a boss thing)

dear developers can we please get a little kitty sticker in the fomelo to display that we are in fact nerds who have completed the vah quest line because for some reason confirming what people haveor have not actually done is impossible and even if we know they did it and have the thing since it doesn't display they arent a better toon than me ??? It has been proven that games with achievement tracking fair far better than those without and thus this could bring a new kind of gnerd to play sod.

Last edited:
You are fooling yourself here, and you know it cause we discussed it in IRC some time ago. But sure, have it your way. I will have fun once solo is close to a pass - comparison and list invalid whenever I feel like switching my ammo item...

(PS: Caster DPS don't use it as a oh shit thing, we use it as a oh a boss thing)

How much of this game involves killing bosses vs xping and killing raid trash. Yes. It is awesome for bosses. But there are plenty of times you can't use it on every boss, and it's not like killing bosses makes up more than 10-20% of this game. This list is not just "OMG WHO IS THE BEST CHARACTER AT KILLING A MOB WHO HAS 100 BILLION HIT POINTS" in case you forgot; sure, it's a part of it, but not all of it. When I said 10% overall I mean a 10% overall increase to all of the damage you do ever if you click it every hour while doing things. Who actually does that? No one.

Siblyx should be #2....I know he isn't REALLY as good as me, but it's close enough on fomelo-paper that he can squeek on by, and live in the #2 spot in constant fear of my massive collection of game-breaking clickies/swap-outs and mysterious rogue secrets that have baffled and foiled Reinhardt for decades.

The Quickie version:
Siblyx has more:
HP, AC, Cha, Piercing mod (1hp MH, 1hs OH), Double Atk mod, Hide mod, Magic Focus, Humanoid Bane Dmg, Defensive crap like tank tomes (wtg rein jr).

Where Dimmi has more:
Str/Dex/Agi/Sta, 1hs mod (same weapons), cold focus, saves (higher avg and total), Manly Tomes like more tap master, crit %, infection mastery, less gayness, and room for a searfire b/c all lazy poor non-eternal/supreme having rogues should do that.

Dimmi is (of course) a little more DPS, arguable how much, probly not enough to always beat the RNG, where Siblyx can tank EW orcs better. On fomelo-papers, Sib is ready to be number G2 Rog!

Last edited:
dimmi is flat out wrong and I can't live with the thought of this happening. keep siblyx #3 daniel, I entrust you with this. do the right thing.

Back
Top Bottom