Class Rankings

And never been a fan of trolls. They did horrific things to the frogloks. And unlike the ogres, who are mostly just dumb/hungry/prone to rage, trolls have a bit of a cruel streak as far as EQ lore goes.

I don't really know the EQ lore with trolls, but SoD lore-wise they're not so evil (they are a bit racist and militaristic).

Completely forgot about the stamina thing. I was still basing my stuff off of when s5 was garbage, "chance to not suck" stance. Yeah, after reviewing, sustaining those stances takes higher priority over the other crap. Maybe I should actually pay attention instead of watching them funny animal vidjas while I play

Completely forgot about the stamina thing. I was still basing my stuff off of when s5 was garbage, "chance to not suck" stance. Yeah, after reviewing, sustaining those stances takes higher priority over the other crap. Maybe I should actually pay attention instead of watching them funny animal vidjas while I play
watching them funny animal vidjas sounds like a very BSTish thing though.

I very lazily copied the OP and moved a few things around, corrected some glaring errors, and dropped a few truth bombs.

Shit tier:

Monk: You are broken in 2.5 and suck the worst.
Paladin: I fart in your general direction. Your mother was a hamster, and your father smelled of elderberries.

How are monks broken in 2.5?

VVV
Thank you!

Last edited:
my shitty updated version strictly for raiding purposes at the endgame with every raid boss on farm status, with 0 reasoning given.

Shit tier:

shaman

Low Tier:

ranger
necro

Mid Tier:

enchanter
rogue
paladin
shadowknight

High Tier:

wizard
warrior (i would bring 2 to every raid except i value a chance at loot diversity bonus.)
druid
beastlord

God Tier:

cleric
mage
monk
bard

Last edited:
9810hpf.gif

my shitty updated version strictly for raiding purposes at the endgame with every raid boss on farm status, with 0 reasoning given.

Shit tier:

shaman

Low Tier:

ranger
necro

Mid Tier:

enchanter
rogue
paladin
shadowknight

High Tier:

wizard
warrior (i would bring 2 to every raid except i value a chance at loot diversity bonus.)
druid
beastlord

God Tier:

cleric
mage
monk
bard
good list. swap mage and wizard, move monk down to high tier and our list are otherwise identical. but its mostly just semantics / how i'd define the criteria of what constitutes god tier

good list. swap mage and wizard, move monk down to high tier and our list are otherwise identical. but its mostly just semantics / how i'd define the criteria of what constitutes god tier
the thing ive learned here in 2021 is that in raids consistency is king. if you can be consistent DPS without any ramp up time and you never run out of resources, that is enough for me to list you in the godtier category.

the thing ive learned here in 2021 is that in raids consistency is king. if you can be consistent DPS without any ramp up time and you never run out of resources, that is enough for me to list you in the godtier category.
ya, our discrepancies basically come down to we value being mechanicsdoer vs pumpgod. granted I haven't raided anywhere near as much as you in the era where 60% of the classes in the game had their damage nerfed by class reworks and/or weapon nerf patch, so my perspective is a bit dated.

my thoughts on max dps raid comp (w/ at least 3 healers). on shorter fights you replace monks with rangers/rogues. assumes the enchanters have strong charmed pets. if no good charmed pet options you replace the 2nd enchanter with a wizard.

why is X class omitted?
shamans only bring a 15 AC / 5 AGI stronger cripple and stat buffs everyone is gonna click anyways.
rogues bring no unique raid dps (de)buffs and lose steam on longer fights.
necros also bring nothing unique and put you in danger of hitting the debuff limit and pushing something off.
paladins only bring offensive buffs vs undead.

WAR
ENC
BST
RNG
CLR
BRD

BRD
BST
MNK
MNK
MNK
CLR

SK
MAG
MAG
MAG
ENC
DRU

I’m 90% certain Cole said this was not an issue anymore (the debuff limit).

Edit: see this thread https://forum.shardsofdalaya.com/threads/the-shadowknight-class.31275/#post-317165 towards the end of that page for my reference
Oh, neat that is no longer a concern then. Doesn't change my list unfortunately. Necromancer mana is not good at high tier and their damage takes way too long to get going. However, they do get a special mention if the mob in question has insanely high resists and something that makes bringing melee / physical damage a liability.

Back
Top Bottom