Changing deity.

Snake

Dalayan Elder
Some just want to change, other may not have faction to join their desired deity. Here is an idea how a change of deity could work.

If you want to change deity, you go hail the new deity NPC in SoS, and you will get an option to forfit your old deity, and join with this one.
In order to forfit the old deity, you need to hand in a completed deity aug + 10.000 platinium.

If you don't have a completed deity aug (your current deity doesn't have an aug, or you don't even have a deity at all, but can't join this deity cause of faction), well you will have to go pariah, get the final aug, turn it in + 10.000 platinium, and congrats, you have now joined with your deity of choice.

I actually like this idea. Religion is not a static choice.
Also it pays homage to the real world concept of penance

I don't think the gods of dalaya are much into forgiveness. Also I think this is a bad idea and schould not happen, but if it happened, there should be a fee of atleast 1k pp per follower of the god you murdered.

I think this as an idea a LOT of people would get behind. 10k? I'd pay 100k in a heartbeat to change.
But seriously, if this did happen, I don't think it would be unreasonable at all if it required you to complete a long/difficult quest.
if it happened, there should be a fee of atleast 1k pp per follower of the god you murdered.
Fine by me. Been to PoEntropy like once

Last edited:
Theres an npc directly south when you zone from athica to gfay in the southeast corner.
She serves no god and no god loves her... she requires
you need kill 500 A blood acolyte - get a (ruby)
after that kill 500 An ysthar black knight -get a (swordblade)
and then kill 500 A resolute guardian -get a (handle)
enchant your blade with dragon blood
- an npc spawns after killing Parcelan the Devourer
you use the blade as a ritual on yourself in order to be reborn and change your deity
.. but each option he has is a riddle and in no particular order ..

By "reborn", you mean "reborn as a naked level 1", right? Good idea, lets do it!

Theres an npc directly south when you zone from athica to gfay in the southeast corner.
She serves no god and no god loves her... she requires
you need kill 500 A blood acolyte - get a (ruby)
after that kill 500 An ysthar black knight -get a (swordblade)
and then kill 500 A resolute guardian -get a (handle)
enchant your blade with dragon blood
- an npc spawns after killing Parcelan the Devourer
you use the blade as a ritual on yourself in order to be reborn and change your deity
.. but each option he has is a riddle and in no particular order ..

So... I can already fix my deity?!
If I was to make the piriah aug, and then do this to get a new deity, would I get to keep my Piriah aug? I guess I cant wear both anyway huh...

So... I can already fix my deity?!
If I was to make the piriah aug, and then do this to get a new deity, would I get to keep my Piriah aug? I guess I cant wear both anyway huh...

After I went to Pariah I was allowed to keep Skaoli's Sihala aug and gate neck. Obviously can't wear both, but was told it's a no-no to continue wearing my Sihala aug. The clicky didn't function any longer either. Forever bank trophies.

As much as I'd like to change deity there's another problem in that I'd bet a lot of people who want to min/max deity choice have probably eaten all of their big alignment hits already. So you'd need a few more ways to adjust that in the pipes too.

But count me as someone who would be for it as long as it's onerous and irritating enough that people will only want to do it if they really really really want to.

As much as I'd like to change deity there's another problem in that I'd bet a lot of people who want to min/max deity choice have probably eaten all of their big alignment hits already. So you'd need a few more ways to adjust that in the pipes too.

But count me as someone who would be for it as long as it's onerous and irritating enough that people will only want to do it if they really really really want to.

That part of the challenge, getting all the allignment hits, could be looked in to too. But they don't go hand in hand in my oppinion (you can change one with out changing the other), and though allignment hits are pretty rare, they are far from impossible.

Sure going from max Chaotic to max Lawful, is probably not going to happen. At least when you figur that out, you could (with this change) chose a deity near your current allignment, and hopefully end up on top from there.

The 1k per kill thing Nwaij suggests, I'm personally all for that too; but 1 kill will get you max KoS though, so the mechanics doesn't care about all the kills after the 1st one. In light of that knowledge, its a somewhat silly suggestion.

The 1k per kill thing Nwaij suggests, I'm personally all for that too; but 1 kill will get you max KoS though, so the mechanics doesn't care about all the kills after the 1st one. In light of that knowledge, its a somewhat silly suggestion.
Its a suggestion that ensures that you can't pledge to a god after you farmed his followers for an eternity, a thing not even the most forgiving deity would be likely to allow. So I'm not quite sure what is silly about it? (I can relate to the idea of having accidently killed a follower of a god and making amends. "Accidently " killing hundreds or thousands of followers shouldn't be a thing you can simply apologize for!)

I mean, why have religion in this game if you can just change it on a whim?
The rewards for religion are based around the inability to change it/to compensate for what you may have lost by picking that diety. If you want to just switch out whenever they'd just have to get rid of religion augs entirely.

Also, what use would the gods have for plat to begin with. It seems like a nice bargaining chip to come to the table with so it looks like you're ready to compromise but from a lore perspective it makes no sense and from a player perspective, 10k to switch your deity seems like it's pretty cheap. Almost to the last the Gods of Dalaya are petty, selfish and self-interested, demanding obedience and adoration in exchange for minor trinkets. I doubt your horde of mortal riches would come close to calming the indignation the god feels at your rebukes and betrayals.

or maybe the "fee" should scale with whatever charm you have. 200k from supreme? The gods accept your 150k sacrifice. 34k from your 38k? Screw it. Hit us with a buck fiddy and you're in.

I mean, why have religion in this game if you can just change it on a whim?
The rewards for religion are based around the inability to change it/to compensate for what you may have lost by picking that diety. If you want to just switch out whenever they'd just have to get rid of religion augs entirely.

Also, what use would the gods have for plat to begin with. It seems like a nice bargaining chip to come to the table with so it looks like you're ready to compromise but from a lore perspective it makes no sense and from a player perspective, 10k to switch your deity seems like it's pretty cheap. Almost to the last the Gods of Dalaya are petty, selfish and self-interested, demanding obedience and adoration in exchange for minor trinkets. I doubt your horde of mortal riches would come close to calming the indignation the god feels at your rebukes and betrayals.

Why would a God not accept more followers?

Why would a god accept someone as a follower who murdered his followers in spades?

Depends on the god. Enthann's probably like "Hell yea dude, you got some skills! Of course you can worship Randy Savage the Blade!"

Back
Top Bottom