Buyable Augs

I guess i was wrong about the monk aa's. shows what i know.
So +feign death would be appreciated by all monks, and the change would be beneficial, but not ubsurd.

Honestly, i will cry if +offense and + defense items get added. As it stands right now, they exist, but they are on items of such low calibur that there is no desire for 300+ aa chars to use them. But if you make +offense and +defense attachable to an already ubsurd charm, you only make your top end people stronger, with 0 utility. These augs i "thought" were supposed to encourage utility, and maybe intuitive planning. It's obvious what you want to do as a rogue, or dps char if +offense is an option.... you want the +offense regardless of what else is available.

I think augs with mods like +5 sneak, +5 feign death, really shouldn't be that expensive. Those utility skills help lower end chars refine their ability to hold a raid.

If you only make augs that cost 200k, you've already lost the point, you're only making your top end people more top knotch. To me, that's a waste of effort. By all emans they should be able to improve just as much as lower ends by these augs, but it shouldn't be exclusively designed for them.

Riesen said:
These augs i "thought" were supposed to encourage utility, and maybe intuitive planning. It's obvious what you want to do as a rogue, or dps char if +offense is an option.... you want the +offense regardless of what else is available.

If you only make augs that cost 200k, you've already lost the point, you're only making your top end people more top knotch. To me, that's a waste of effort. By all emans they should be able to improve just as much as lower ends by these augs, but it shouldn't be exclusively designed for them.

That is kinda what my original idea was, but whenever any idea for new stuff comes in people turn it into boring power upgrades with no regards to balance. The point isn't to just be another slot to upgrade and make your character arbitrarily better, but to give players options to customize and improve on one aspect of their class. The biggest HP upgrade I would put on a charm aug if I were in charge would be something like 20 or 30 on the general augs, and to be honest, given the conversation passed around in this thread I'm not even sure if generalized stat augs would be a good idea anymore, since they contradict the basic principle. I guess I just wanted to throw some consolation prize to people who can't be bothered to think too much :toot:.

Why not just make charms have no stats and 8 slots. Then you buy augs to deck your charm out the specific way you want it.

stope21 said:
Why not just make charms have no stats and 8 slots. Then you buy augs to deck your charm out the specific way you want it.
Because charms, like most things in SoD are not meant to cater to your every need.

Back
Top Bottom