Buff Shuffling

AngryCow

Dalayan Elder
I would like to suggest an additional feature to the game that would let you reshuffle the buff order on your buff bar so that there were no gaps in the line-up. Ideally something that would let a player do a /cm command and have all their buffs keep their current timers but fill in any missed positions, so that if you have a lonely SB buff all the way down in the 15th slot, it could move up to the 6th, where there's a hole in the rest of the buff order.

OR make non-short duration buffs in general (anything over an hour) last like 72 hours or more.

Forever deff prefered though; I don't see any practical or challenging reason why I spend 2-10%? of my SoD time, fixing buffs...
It feels like it's all I'm doing, obv, its not, but that is what it feels like :p

I don't think there is any change that could inspire returnings players more or new players ontop of that.

If you sit to meditate with the "You are resting and recovering state" You actually med to full in a min not 5+ min.

I don't think there is any change that could inspire returnings players more or new players ontop of that.
Agreed, not having to deal with getting my buffs to go play would be something that would bring me back. I have limited time to game these days, and not having to "waste time" getting my buffs would allow me to accomplish some xp and dragon slaying instead.
And think how much quicker raid starts/restarts would go.

If a/the problem with perma buffs is, that some class's then spend their relic buff for example, on a buff they almost never need to cast again, well a solution could be some sort of bonus, for having that class in the group, or perhaps a bonus to just the class it self, while having the buff on.

Not sure exactly what type of bonus, but it could be like 1% crit bonus from melee hits to every one in group who has CoTP on, except to the ranger that gives the bonus.
Could also be that before the bonus works, the CoTP has to be SB and have been cast by that ranger.

Similar with other classes, like 25 ATK bonus from EoT, 1% avoidance from EoTW, 1% spell crit from JB, ect.
Something like that :)

Last edited:
Replace the long term buff spells with spells that summon a no-rent, lore aug that does the same thing. Pew Pew Pew

Replace the long term buff spells with spells that summon a no-rent, lore aug that does the same thing. Pew Pew Pew

No rent augs defeat the purpose if you still have to play the dead character shuffle everytime you want to do something on a character. While its an improvement you still have the underlying daily hurdle. Having to do the buff bot jig every 3+ hours or whenever something goes horribly wrong is the worst part of this game by far. I agree you would lose the sense of value upon gaining some spells and that probably should have something done to address it but I also think the vast majority of players could give a shit less when it means they don't have to spend hours upon hours of swapping the bot army.

Even non sb'd buffs lasting forever would be a dramatic and amazing quality of life increase.

I don't know if newer players know this or not but this is the way it was originally and it was changed to soulbond a long time ago.

Anyway we could improve on the auger system already in place and add soulbond buffs and relics. Just make them good duration and have them cost a lot more. And give them group buffs

Or perhaps... Make an item.. maybe a no rent item? Maybe a bounty item that's no rent? Or something buyable and no rent that causes your buffs not to dwindle the timer that seems like the best quality of life change I can think of

No rent augs defeat the purpose if you still have to play the dead character shuffle everytime you want to do something on a character. While its an improvement you still have the underlying daily hurdle. Having to do the buff bot jig every 3+ hours or whenever something goes horribly wrong is the worst part of this game by far. I agree you would lose the sense of value upon gaining some spells and that probably should have something done to address it but I also think the vast majority of players could give a shit less when it means they don't have to spend hours upon hours of swapping the bot army.

I don't know if newer players know this or not but this is the way it was originally and it was changed to soulbond a long time ago.
I didn't play during this time, but I have been told about it. I mainly wouldn't want to completely trade soulbond for infinite timers as whole, but being able to choose longer timers for non-sb when the situation calls for it would be a trade-off that I personally would use a lot. This is of course assuming that all perma-sb all the time isn't viable.

K.I.S.S.
Keep it simple stupid.
Adding on a bonus for having the caster of the buff in the group, or special no rent aug versions of the buff (which is just as terrible, btw) are not simple changes that improve QoL, and have significant coding hurdles. Coding hurdles in a game that has code that looks like a box of xmas lights (ever notice that no matter how neatly you put them away, they are always a tangled mess the next year?) is most certainly a bad idea that won't get done.
Now a no rent aug (just one) that pauses timers, that you buy each time you play, for say 1k, would take some money out of the game and accomplish the goal. I am just not sure how feasible that would be to code up.

It would probably be best to just change the duration of all 60+ buffs that have a 30+ minute duration to infinite instead. Not just soulbound, but any buff.

Back
Top Bottom