Beastlord Stance/AA Changes

There is absolutely nothing wrong with bsts. we are good where we are at.
Don't get all tinfoilly hatted. The EQ live devs, who had full time jobs coding eq, screwed up TONS of stuff on patch days. Some of this stuff went weeks/months/years without getting a fix for their paying customers.

Monks are badly broken due to the patch. It was a day ago. Give the devs a break and post something constructive. They have jobs and/or go to school so unless the game is down, no one is going to turbo patch a fix mid-day on a Tuesday. I'm sure some kind of fix will be forthcoming, and I'm sure that after monks are fixed all the BLs still need their weird cat needs met.

Monks are full of cool ideas, numbers are just really low.... I guess its good to shoot low and then adjust higher because then people will appreciate the buff instead of whining about a nerf to balance. Slaar strategy is genius, end on a "good foot."

but ya beastlords need love, just hopefully that love doesnt come over 9 months...

I would just rather them not be the focus when repairing the class, ok?

I completely disagree with this... Our dots never should have gotten nerfed in the first place... rage and venom of the wild were our only good dps spells prior to the nerf. especially given the cost of the mana to use them. I've made other posts in the past about reversing those nerfs. Especially now that we have bitter cold... the recourse is great yeah... but still lack luster when compared to the dmg the dots use to do on their own without bitter cold recourse.

edit: Also to point out.. iirc, rage of the wild nerf was the solution to the disbalance it caused when procing from tur ruj bracer... really devs?

Last edited:
this hybrid stuff is made up by players, nothing says that every beastlord use to be a monk that start to follow the path of a shaman, or a shaman who was saved by monks and learned their fighting style and along the way he saved a baby animal that a dragon had orphaned and now they are besties. Beastlords are their own class, they just share similarities with monks and shamans so that what they were associated with. There isn't a god dam thing that says beastlords need to use dots.... at all.

this hybrid stuff is made up by players, nothing says that every beastlord use to be a monk that start to follow the path of a shaman, or a shaman who was saved by monks and learned their fighting style and along the way he saved a baby animal that a dragon had orphaned and now they are besties. Beastlords are their own class, they just share similarities with monks and shamans so that what they were associated with. There isn't a god dam thing that says beastlords need to use dots.... at all.

I think you missed the part where this is still an everquest based game, where HOLY SHIT beastlords use dots.

I think you missed the part where this is still an everquest based game, where HOLY SHIT beastlords use dots.

I agree with Thade here. If you want to play a hybrid class that doesn't make use of dots... Rangers are a thing. Shoot and nuke away bud.

BST could be fixed if Venom of the Wild did 2x more damage, and Rage of the Wild did 3x more damage and had cast time reduced to 2s.

Venom would remain less efficient than the spells of pure casters with those numbers, and would only be used to burn. Rage would have nice efficiency, but is still slow and not much dps, it just adds consistent damage that scales well with gear, since BST white damage scaling is terrible.

Its a bit crude, but that would give the class the ability to dish out some decent spell dps, which scales well with gear/exp, and dps is really what they are missing right now. They have cool utility, a pet, minor healing, if they did slightly better damage they would be in a good place, and those two DOTs are in line with lore/everquest, and give them dps that will actually scale.

I agree Solo. All I'd add would be a stopgap pet between lv 63 and Runic 2, and fixing the pet tanking stance which in its current iteration is worse than nothing. It used to have some cool limited uses, and then got "fixed" to be something nobody would ever use.

That plus your beefier dots and I think BSTs are in a pretty good spot.

If beastlords were to get a stopgap pet between lvl 63 and Runic2, I'd recommend putting a quest in the gruplok village in the murk much like mage silks and a couple of other class specific quests there for the pet summon spell.

What if pets scaled in a really really (really) tiny way from total sta/agi then every high tier items gets its sta/agi nerfed to balance the first formula a dev comes up with? Maybe remove all BST stances but make kick do like two times the damage in defense stance, put Savagery on a 2hr CD, change the way blind scales aggro, and have pets mez random targets at all times or something. You gotta cater your requests to your audience.

2 hour savagery cd... would never have to cast it again, just be like sorry dawg its on cd, i cast it on derp.

Back
Top Bottom