Alchemical Requestification

I thought Wiz simply worded it oddly, if it was a self only one time instant CH then it's fine but yes if it's a repeating CH like COTB then I would agree it would be overpowered.

Are potions intended to be a part of every players game, at least those who can afford it or not? It seems that the answer is yes and if so the fifty pot would be awesome. I carry around at least five of the clarity potions on my druid at all times, just taking up space. Please consider making the fifty use potions available.

I just started on SoD a couple of weeks ago (19 monk, Yopodo). I came over from Live (retired last year) where I tended to carry around a 10 slot bag (sometimes 2) full of potions for DS, heals, self-buffs, etc...

I haven't reached the point where I've got plat to burn, but provided real-life constraints allow me to stick around on SoD, I'm certain that I'll be a potion addict over here too. I've already started eyeballing the various potions that I'd like to stock up on. ;)

Having a fifty dose potion would be awfully convenient, even moreso if it provided a path for alchemy skill progression. Having a long-recast CH as Wiz mentioned would be great for those O.S. moments, though if implemented, it'd be some time before I'd really need to have or afford to buy any of those :)

Holy crap. COTB isn't supposed to be repeating. :psyduck:

I can't believe *noone* has brought to my attention that COTB CHs you every tick for a full minute. That's just insane, and it's being fixed right now.

Wiz said:

I can't believe *noone* has brought to my attention that COTB CHs you every tick for a full minute. That's just insane, and it's being fixed right now.
I think it's pretty much always been like that. We all thought it was supposed to be that way due to the 18 hr recast. A raid wide CH, while very nice, doesn't justify that kind of recast. If it's being changed to a single CH that is raid wide, can the recast be changed to something reasonable.... say 1 hour?

Garluk said:
I think it's pretty much always been like that. We all thought it was supposed to be that way due to the 18 hr recast. A raid wide CH, while very nice, doesn't justify that kind of recast. If it's being changed to a single CH that is raid wide, can the recast be changed to something reasonable.... say 1 hour?

This really isn't the right thread for this, let's not derail it. I was just shocked to find out that apparently I had missed this bug for years.

Wiz said:

Crap

Finster had a great idea how about adding some high end potions with clicky illusions thats not in the game farrier giant a bunch of cool ones that would be unique to alchemy make them semi expensive and have a drop able component (pixiedust) and what not. Just thought that this was a great idea so i would post it.

what about elemental illusion potions? get the proper essence and mix it with some other stuff (idk what) and make it a very difficulty potion to skill up on

(DERAIL) I don't think potions are quite the right place for illusions, but I wouldn't mind the idea for research, if that is a tradeskill the staff would be interested in implementing. Research could produce 1 use spell scrolls that cast illusions, teleports, buffs, etc. (/DERAIL)

Allielyn said:
(DERAIL) I don't think potions are quite the right place for illusions, but I wouldn't mind the idea for research, if that is a tradeskill the staff would be interested in implementing. Research could produce 1 use spell scrolls that cast illusions, teleports, buffs, etc. (/DERAIL)

sounds rihgt for alchemy imo, spet for the port scrolls wich are unbalencing

Nah. Port potions would be awesome. Maybe then all the druids and wizards wouldn't have to be perma /anon.

Back
Top Bottom