Adventures In Texture Editing

Am I the only one able to see the new Santa Troll in his full glory? Some have told me they see him as a blurry mess without a face! I'm not going to spoil anything by posting a pic of what he's intended to look like just yet, but can anyone else chime in on the matter? He's the reason behind the "bad patch" a few days ago that ended up crashing everybody for about an hour, and it turns out the model I chose (Grobb Citizen) is problematic in and of itself in the first place. I had hoped at least most of the kinks had been worked out so people could enjoy Santa Troll's facelift, but I'm not sure we're at that point yet! o_O

Attachments

• EQ000267.jpg
    EQ000267.jpg
    268 KB · Views: 30
Am I the only one able to see the new Santa Troll in his full glory? Some have told me they see him as a blurry mess without a face! I'm not going to spoil anything by posting a pic of what he's intended to look like just yet, but can anyone else chime in on the matter? He's the reason behind the "bad patch" a few days ago that ended up crashing everybody for about an hour, and it turns out the model I chose (Grobb Citizen) is problematic in and of itself in the first place. I had hoped at least most of the kinks had been worked out so people could enjoy Santa Troll's facelift, but I'm not sure we're at that point yet! o_O

He looks great to me!

Aha, I think I recognize that bug. Those are corrupt texture caches that only show up for people who actually use texture caching.

EASY FIX:
  1. Find felwithea_chr.wld.txc in your SoD directory.
  2. Delete that file.
  3. If already in Athica, /cm refresh. Otherwise, simply go to Athica and enjoy Santa Troll in his full glory!

EDIT: Here's a preview of what he should look like:

SantaTrollTeaser_zps4a7def29.jpg

Last edited:
Aha, I think I recognize that bug. Those are corrupt texture caches that only show up for people who actually use texture caching.

EASY FIX:
  2. Delete that file.
  3. If already in Athica, /cm refresh. Otherwise, simply go to Athica and enjoy Santa Troll in his full glory!

Followed these simple steps and now everything is as it should be. Good work Grink!

Ugh! How in the world did that happen? Lol. The Santa imp was supposed to make his debut later on in December! :rolleyes:

BTW, Marthog, do you play with dynamic lighting off? I can't stand playing a toon without a light source, even if I have ultravision!

uhhh, I'd have to check, I recently reloaded a game to unbug my character and my settings have all gone away....

Additional note, when my ENC friend was making enemy mobs into gruploks, they were wearing red clothes!

EASY FIX:
  2. Delete that file.

Thanks, your fix changed the washed out look for me. But.. sadly I do not have a Santa suit showing up, either. Does it not work with new graphics, perhaps? Mine looks like this:

Attachments

• EQ000033.bmp
    3 MB · Views: 12
It looks like Santa Troll may have been reverted to race 9 (PC Troll) instead of race 92 (Grobb Citizen). I deliberately chose the Grobb Citizen model so that it would look the same to everyone, as that model was never updated with Luclin. Originally, Santa Troll *did* appear this year as race 9 in leather armor, but he was changed to race 92 shortly thereafter. Maybe the zone connected and he reset? I'll ask around.

I am in Athica now, Santa Troll is now some hobo dressed in torn leather rags. He's fallen on some hard times.

I am in Athica now, Santa Troll is now some hobo dressed in torn leather rags. He's fallen on some hard times.
Yup, that is what mine looks like also. Sadly, I could sort of see what he might look like, just all washed out, before i deleted that file.Now he is begging for gifts instead.

You're making your own client? Ambitious! :eek: Are you looking to use this for your own server down the road?

Was it this?

CandyCaneStaff_zpsd568d6bf.jpg

Woldo didn't say a word about it when I showed him it initially, then someone said in OOC that Santa Troll had a cool staff. Turns out someone (Woldo, I assume) put it in without even saying anything! :cool:

Back
Top Bottom