4.3 Loot balancing!

As far as the weapons go, I do admit the bard sword is far in the lead for best primary weapon for bards with nothing else comparing, if I can offer an idea on how to change it, if its at all possible, take it from being a clicky, make it have a worn effect, offering less attk, but still have decrease stamina loss, and not being effected by a instrument mod, and include Secondary as a slot

It is better than others however its not jarringly overpowered vs other classes available weapons (outside 4.3). It's a crutch as is the hardmode custo sword for those that use it.

Good thought, Lleoc, but if you wait to change items once a new zone comes out then that gives zero chance to adjust to the change. Just overpowering stuff now vs actually going with the mechanics is an issue. People don't learn proper strats that way.

Correct, but nerfing the item because some dev is working on something currently doesn't mean that item is going to be available anytime soon. So once the content is open to work on progressing through with a guild would be the time to nerf rather than 2 years before just because its being worked on. I mean basically when you open the zones or w/e nerf the robe, not after its been cleared.

Last edited:
I can see robe being OP for tanks. But thats really it. The weapons are all meh. Half the classes dont even wear their class weapons as end game loot. And the other stuff isnt OP

Definitely not two years. I agree that it would have to be sooner rather than later. Maybe this is the first hint.... But this is not a discussion about content.

The only out of line items are the robe and 2h sword (for 1 class), and possibly the bard sword. if 4.3 robe is nerfed you just end up with non tanks wearing whatever BP has the best proc. If you rework 4.3 robe, you'd probably need to rework BP progression for the entire game or you'd have people abusing low tier items for procs.

2h should be 5% hp per nuke/heal, but you can tune it down to DI 9.5 and heal inc 11 and it'd be in a good place. It forces most casters to give up an offensive wrist proc for NZ wrist to mitigate the effect, and it also makes wizards r2 spam far more dangerous. it'd also go back to being usable to classes other than enchanter.

bard sword would need to be entirely reworked (or you give bards the clicky from the sword as an actual song you can mem). The bard sword is basically the only thing that allows bards to even be a relevant DPS class. Without it, they become immensely more difficult to bring on high tier 6man content and they also become far less relevant in raids. Weapon progression in general in this game fucking blows for most classes though.

I'm busy atm but I can elaborate later

Enchanters doing a lot more dps than a wizard is pretty broken imho for the caster weapon.
enchanters require nearly a full group of characters to support their DPS but its more of an issue with the class itself being busted, the weapon just exemplifies that

I'm gonna leave most of my thoughts out of this for now, but honestly most of the loot isn't really OP to begin with. Mostly the robe, and it's the main grab from 4.3. As I said in discord earlier, this is what happens when folks "are just having a conversation" about stuff... I do agree with Lleoc completely though. Nerf it before the new stuff is out, and more than likely that's the span where breaks from the game will end up being taken. My question though is are encounters gonna be looked at alongside the nerfs? and is all the adjustment gonna be downward?

enchanters should be reworked entirely if they are ever expected to be balanced in SoD. they will NEVER be balanced with the current state of AoD. Even w/o 4.3 sword, they'd still be the highest parsing class in the game

what will "progression" be if all the current endgame gear of every content release gets nerfed eventually so it's not "best in slot"? Robe used to have CSI X, Movespeed and the current ac. That was nerfed, now the ac is going to get nerfed. Every item on Taeshlin's loot table has been nerfed. Channeling has been nerfed. Verdict has been nerfed. It seems like character power constantly gets rolled back because the staff doesn't want any "best in slot" items. So what, we get everything nerfed so hopefully new content will get us back to old t13 power? I just don't get it. When will we be allowed to get a real power jump? When will we get BPs better than robe, weapons better than Jyre and verdict, ranges better than Rohk book?

oh, 2h 4.3 sword also makes wizards 5 mana nukes very unappealing which is a non negligible DPS and mana sustain loss

I've done 4.3 just a few times. It isn't always easy and sometimes include many wipes, IF you're even lucky enough to be invited/make claim. I think you're crazy to want to nerf MOST of the items because they are thought to be way too high tier for the fight. If you're going to do anything, don't piss off the players by nerfing the loot they worked hard to obtain, instead make the event harder to be the tier you think the loot is equivalent to.

Bard sword isnt OP because using it sacrifices a 2nd detrimental song. For some +atk and stamina loss

Tevinter, what if Enc was taken off the weapon and a new weapon that was enc only, similar to the Nec only Saitha one? Like I said, there have been things discussed by Staff, and that includes some that do that fight and have that loot. Thank you all for actually discussing this. Class rebalancing is a different issue, one we can tackle later. Like you said the sword overemphasizes the enc issue. The bard weapon is definitely one to look at as well. The robe, most all agree is way overpowered. Now, changes do not have to be drastic to work. Keep this discussion going. Please get specific on any itmes from 4.3 and what you think can be done.

Tevinter, what if Enc was taken off the weapon and a new weapon that was enc only, similar to the Nec only Saitha one? Like I said, there have been things discussed by Staff, and that includes some that do that fight and have that loot. Thank you all for actually discussing this. Class rebalancing is a different issue, one we can tackle later. Like you said the sword overemphasizes the enc issue. The bard weapon is definitely one to look at as well. The robe, most all agree is way overpowered. Now, changes do not have to be drastic to work. Keep this discussion going. Please get specific on any itmes from 4.3 and what you think can be done.
It'd be a nerf to enchanters. They'd go from being the best DPS in the game by a large margin to the best DPS in the game by a smaller margin. I think it'd be a good idea to give enchanters their own weapon, but that alone won't solve the "issue" you're talking about with enchanters.

Tone down robe AC.. Give it other benefits to other classes. Casting speed X or whatever. Tone down Jyre. Un-nerf Cella. AOD a cooldown. Leave the rest alone imo

Back
Top Bottom