3.0 Update - 7/10/13

Pathing is a very real option that we are exploring for 3.0, since the newest server software utilizes processor power much better than our current, and other servers have relatively good pathing systems that we could work from.

You guys saying walling is the only way to split are forgetting how using pathing to split was done on live! It is not that much harder, since the mob will still turn around a corner.

splitting and feign death mechanics are significantly different from live also, i always assumed to compensate for the ease of wall splitting, maybe removing the roamer penalty or something along those lines to compensate if pathing went in. which seems like a pretty neat change. I look forward to the massive trains from live.

Pathing would be a good thing if you look at it from the angle of monks not being high dps or strong tanks, it allows them to bring a skill/ability to the table and perform a role that no other class will be as effective at.

Pathing would be a good thing if you look at it from the angle of monks not being high dps or strong tanks, it allows them to bring a skill/ability to the table and perform a role that no other class will be as effective at.

That's already the case, monks are the best pullers and splitters. But if you look at high tier content, especially 6-man content, there is virtually no splitting/pulling required. This is probably a good thing because otherwise you'd be much more restricted in putting a 6-man group together if you needed a monk to split trash mobs, but at the same time this means that the only reason to bring a monk is for their DPS so if they're stuck doing inferior DPS... what good are they?

This is probably a good thing because otherwise you'd be much more restricted in putting a 6-man group together...

Splits or mez both perform similar roles... but both are severely underutilized and unneeded at the higher end, making the utility of the classes that have them seem lackluster, even if they are amazing abilities when used. I can't remember the last time I needed (or was able to for that matter) to mez on my bard.

this seems like the perfect time to redesign some of your internal toolings for asset manipulation, though it may be out of the scope of the general update.

I'm still very excited to read about this.

But on the other hand I will shed a tear when pathing goes in. No more shady wallnecropulls with Allie in HK Basement :(

Anxiously awaiting the threepointohs... Real pathing would be amazing. Losing the wall pulls would be really cool (never liked the mystery deaths from random mobs pulled after others clipped). :)

<3

In game languages would be awesome even if it never passed just the "fun" stage. It's kind of like in game alcohol tolerance except you get to have SECRET MESSAGES in plain sight!

Ever since I began playing on SoD, I have always wanted the racial languages to be working. I think there could be a lot of potential with having the languages working such as quests where the quest-giver would speak to you and accept replies only in a certain language.

Ever since I began playing on SoD, I have always wanted the racial languages to be working. I think there could be a lot of potential with having the languages working such as quests where the quest-giver would speak to you and accept replies only in a certain language.

There's one zone that has that now, and from what I understand, isn't that easy to do the coding for languages.

If you are thinking fae in shadowdale, that isn't actually a language but flag shenannigans.

Back
Top Bottom