What would you like to see in Ikisith?

Ontop

Dalayan Adventurer
as per title, just curious as to what other people would like to see.

personally i wouldn't mind epics for all classes.

More spells than are currently offered (at least more than the new ones in the spellfile), more thought put into quests (long, barely rewarding quests that have you grind x mob for y drop for hours are not fun, at all), a reason to gain faction beyond some incredibly outdated armor, a gate neck, or an underpowered augment.

The faction and quest issues can be rolled into one I suppose, but SoD has a lack of quests, nevermind ones that are actually fun. If Ikisith had some version of WoWs Shattered Sun Offensive and the Battle for Sun's Reach I would be a really happy camper. (WoW actually did faction grinding and rewards right)

Mainly though, I'd just like to see some awesome single group zones with scripted content.

Honestly I'm just looking forward to being able to go to the old zones again. I can't wait to dive back into Dalnir, no matter what they do with it.

As a mage, id like to see more of the old summon spells included in the additional spells from this next expansion. Summon Phantom cloth, leather, chain, etc.. would be great. granted they arent that useful, but still just added to the feel of the mage. not only that, but some of the fun ones, like Bristlebane's Bundle which summoned ale, cake, fireworks, and spin-the-bottle. it wasnt so much something used for leveling or anything, just added a little fun.

More spells than are currently offered (at least more than the new ones in the spellfile), more thought put into quests (long, barely rewarding quests that have you grind x mob for y drop for hours are not fun, at all), a reason to gain faction beyond some incredibly outdated armor, a gate neck, or an underpowered augment.

The faction and quest issues can be rolled into one I suppose, but SoD has a lack of quests, nevermind ones that are actually fun. If Ikisith had some version of WoWs Shattered Sun Offensive and the Battle for Sun's Reach I would be a really happy camper. (WoW actually did faction grinding and rewards right)

Mainly though, I'd just like to see some awesome single group zones with scripted content.

I'm going to echo this along with a few extras.

For example quests that don't have you go to zone y to kill some incredibly undertiered mob that do not also require a literal ton of random stranger coercement. That would be nice. Quests that are intended to be done with at most a group, sod was supposed to go more to a dungeon crawl kind of feel with 18 man raiding, but I've yet to really see any of that emphasis on quests.

I'd rather not have to get a raid together to get a quest piece, I'm sure just about everyone else on the server feels the same. Those quests that one does have to put a raid together for are fairly undone by the majority of the server, those that you can complete on your own with 10x the time put in generally tend to be done once they are known about.

Honestly the beginnings of the vah quest were more around what I'd like to see, before the oh go kill this raid mob, then this one, then this one, oh and then this one kind of thing. More like the main quest actually. Also an addition to the main quest would be good.

Interesting spells would be preferred. Things like what monster summoning did for mages for example. Not only did it provide a dps boost for groups, soloing, etc, but it also provided that extra bit of a boost at the raiding end (though with the emphasis on ae's on every single goddamn high end encounter it's pretty much null as for bosses). But more importantly it added a bunch of extra uses. Pulling for example at a distance, and since there are two stand up versions of it, emergency tanks. I'd like to see spells follow along those lines really. Not just more powerful nukes, and certainly not in a raid for pieces of these spells for an eternity manner.

I'd also like to see a bit more in the way of straightforward fun encounters. Not do this this this this this this this this this this this and this also this and this then you might have a chance at killing this boss.

Sod was the most fun, when you only had one or two tricks to worry about per mob, or per area. Challenge is fine, but I'd like to see more straight up brawls with a trick or two. Not oh you must kite these, charm this, fight this, heal through the ever present ae, then kill it again.

Sod is not lacking in raid and high end content. It is lacking at the midlevel, and also at the lower end 65 area.

expansionepicmount_op_800x683.jpg

spells, karnors castle, city of green mist and new aug quests would be awesome. like we have MQ, we have the Giant king/empress aug, some diety aug, how about a class aug? something like paladins rescue sexy elves from dungeons, SKs rescue Elthannar family from sexy paladins, rangers having to rambo it up and bow 10 000 brownies, warriors.....warriors just standing in place (or trying to) and maxing their alcohol tolerance

sanctum is almost finished and just around the corner guys

I mean oh shi- what thread is this.

65 bst pet or at least some sort of innate bst ability to make combat aas affect our pets.

That would be great. Advancing with the same pet as I had at level 63 who has not improved except an overhaste AA is just not very interesting. A hard to get 65 pet would be just the thing to give me something to look forward to.

LOL I dont suppose thiers anyway to turn off the Dynmatic Tree movment in Kunark zones :)

They caused lag city (granted my new computer and connect are 1000x better then those days but still).

City of Mist is definitely a Zone I am looking forwards to being used (I hope).

Kunark in its entirety (all of its zones) would be sweet. The entire continent's setup from zone to zone (how they linked) was put together really well, V*r*nt did a great job there I thought, an anomaly of its time. It would be neat to see Firi*na as another major city with faction.

Since Kunark had such great outdoor zones (Overthere, Frontier, Dreadlands, Warsliks, Burning etc etc).. it would be kinda neat to see some sort of progression grouping XP done for these zones, having noticed that zones like East / West Plaguelands don't get used as much at the higher levels for XP groups. I may be wrong here, but whenever I get into a sweet XP group (65+ toons), I can't really remember the last time we decided to hit up the Plaguelands, its pretty much always EC, Cata, First, Fire, Rust etc to name the few. Maybe adding something similar to the Misery "Orb of Dim Light" item to the outdoor zones for progression (except being No Rent). So a group progresses through an outdoor zone from area to area, and once everyone in the group obtains a "No Rent" item from a certain set of mobs, then they can run over to a different area of the zone and kill different mobs (maybe more difficult) and advance. An example I could give, like in the zone Overthere, a group could start off on that once famous XP hill at the zone to Frontier killing a certain group of mobs that drop a "No Rent" item that would allow them to not be killed quicker (death touch or whatever) by another set of mobs in the zone. Once everyone has this item, they move over to another section of the zone and kill the new mobs (to which that "No Rent" item helps them). Then they obtain another set of No Rent items and advance again. The final area could be the chasm in Overthere where all the scorpians once were. Maybe there would be a boss, but would only be allowed to engage if everyone in the party has all the "No Rent" items.

And the rewards for the progression could just be increased pp droppings or smaller sellable / vendor loot; doesn't need to be full on upgrades like one could obtain from Cmal since the outdoor zones are usually much easier than dungeons.

I'm just throwing ideas here. It would just really be nice to see people XPing in Kunark's great outdoors again, that would be nostalgic. And LoIO, some great things could be done with that outdoor zone I would think.

Also, was wondering if the face change might get fixed. Unless I'm doing something wrong, when I go into Lich form and then come back out, the face gets changed to something different than what I usually have it set as.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom