We All Love Enchanters, Here

Latten

Dalayan Elder
What illanguar wrote about exp being challenging and what fun it was to accidently miss pull X mobs and survive is the thrill this game needs more of. Make harder exp zones that have really good exp reward/plat reward that make you pay attention. Citadel was great when you where tier 8-9 and you couldnt mass pull and it had good exp/plat before the nerfs.

Swight

Dalayan Elder
Another thing I think enchanters need is some way to heal their pets. this is pretty important if you are soloing on an enchanter and they are the only pet class without a pet heal. if you are depending on a pet tank it really sucks to just depend on pet sitting recovery without any way to expedite it since you are stuck doing nothing as the pet recovers between pulls.

stever

Dalayan Adventurer
Another thing I think enchanters need is some way to heal their pets. this is pretty important if you are soloing on an enchanter and they are the only pet class without a pet heal. if you are depending on a pet tank it really sucks to just depend on pet sitting recovery without any way to expedite it since you are stuck doing nothing as the pet recovers between pulls.
I know a certain rune spell heals the loio pet. I wonder if enchanter runes could be coded to work as a pet heal for their pet and possibly others?

cornelweezy

Dalayan Elder
The warrior and rogue changes are celebrated (and I'm sure attention is finally being paid to knights and shamans) but can the enchanter community get some insight on where we're going from here on further class development? Chromatic changes are queued up but what else is going down?

Deein

Game Master
Staff member
The warrior and rogue changes are celebrated (and I'm sure attention is finally being paid to knights and shamans) but can the enchanter community get some insight on where we're going from here on further class development? Chromatic changes are queued up but what else is going down?
classes are being worked on and spoken about in staff channels. i can tell you this is one of the ones that is getting the most attention.

DodoBot

Dalayan Elder
Wanting to bump this post with some positive notes - what are things that you LIKE about playing an enchanter? Can be past, present, live, or whatever.

I'll start. I enjoy:
  • Being able to take a bad pull or potential wipe into something my group can manage. Crowd control is huge... when you can use it...
  • The feeling of enhancing my abilities or the power of my team.
  • Charming a powerful monster, potentially turning the tide of battle.
  • Clutch utility to throw a rune to buy tanks or healer time to do their job.
  • I like the variety of play, including options to melee. Enchanter is the closest class SoD has to what I consider a battle-mage archetype.
What kinds of things do you think can be done to improve these positive aspects of play? Speaking more towards feel here than hard numbers.
  • Crowd Control
    • 1) Increase the number of difficult pulls or monster difficulty in general. Reduce overall monster density;
    • 2) To compensate for difficulty boosting, increase experience, cash, and the number of mezable mobs;
    • 3) Reduce the areas where trivial mob difficulty makes mass AOE farming preferable to slower pulls;
    • 4) Reduce the number of free AOE procs, or re-tool them so select spells will not hit mezed targets.
  • Enhancing Abilities
    • 1) Return AOD and Bond to separate timers (even if damage needs to be adjusted, the play style is much better);
    • 2) Make Cascading Bond AA an activated ability that doesn't require it's own bond cooldown. Figure out duration and cooldown independently;\
    • 3) Add some sort of buff to AOD like the ATK buff, Agro adjust, and the proc from Corporeal Bond;
    • 4) Rework the visage and misdirection spell lines to provide a decent benefit and approximate this play style at an earlier level.
  • Charms
    • 1) Continue seeding out new charmable mobs into raid and experience areas;
    • 2) Examine balance for the short duration (dark blue) charm spell (Control);
    • 3) Perhaps add some sort of way for the player to identify good charm targets...
      • I don't know how this would work if it should be an item or spell or an NPC that you could talk to, but it's a thought.
  • Runes
    • 1) Rune class AA - lots of opportunity that's already been talked about for bonus effects or stances;
    • 2) Guarding rune AA - perhaps this can be looked to scale as a better "Oh Crap!" button end-game;
    • 3) Chromatic rune - please improve this and / or make it scale with the spell's damage;
    • 4) Maybe? Can we figure out a way to make runes scale in general (beyond what's in place with the emberflow tome)?
How about you all? Let's be positive here. What do you / did you like about Enchanters? What can be done to enhance the positive aspects of the experience?

Top Bottom