Warhammer

solefein

Dalayan Beginner
Anyone else playing this? I'm playing a Disciple of Khaine on the Skull Throne server. So far it seems pretty fun.

Thizik and I played this. He played a Witch Elf and I played a Disciple of Khaine. I had fun, and I really enjoyed the PVP. Thizik was not a big fan of the PVE and quickly burned out. My connection (Comcast) drops too many packets for me to reasonably play this game. If anyone is interested in picking up my Collector's Edition, you should PM spiritplx!

Overall, if you like PVP, you will really enjoy Warhammer, but if you are looking for PVE, stick to WoW or EQ variants.

I've got a 40 disciple of khaine on ungrim I've enjoyed it a lot so far for the most part it is a great game, but has a few annoyances to work out still.

i played a 20 DoK and a 29 WE and it was kinda fun...though the PvE gets lacking once you hit tier3, i was burning through quests and falling behind levels. Scenarios are fun, until you end up having to grind them for levels and that there is pretty much only 1 tier3 scenario that you can play at a reasonable rate. Sadly open rvr most of the time is basically 1-3 warbands taking a keep and then leaving. I think a few months of patches/updates and it will be a pretty solid game. Though until them i've cancelled my sub

Was excited for this game and then I cancelled my sub after the free month. This game is amazing - first MMORPG I ever played that got less fun as you leveled up! I might have stayed if I could have locked my exp at Tier 1 or 2. Didn't help that I played a healer, started off badass and then could barely keep up with my role in Tier 4.

Thizik and I played this. He played a Witch Elf and I played a Disciple of Khaine. I had fun, and I really enjoyed the PVP. Thizik was not a big fan of the PVE and quickly burned out. My connection (Comcast) drops too many packets for me to reasonably play this game. If anyone is interested in picking up my Collector's Edition, you should PM spiritplx!

Overall, if you like PVP, you will really enjoy Warhammer, but if you are looking for PVE, stick to WoW or EQ variants.

Did you think that the PVP was as good as WoW's PvP? If so, I will probably buy it.

I played WoW (briefly) on a PvP server, and I was amazed at how good it was. I read all over the net about it's laughable PvP, but I thought it was really good. It was very unbalanced when I played it, but if I came across someone with a similar kind of level/class/gear combination, then it could offer some really exciting PVP fights. And the fights were very involving too. I had to constantly make decisions based on what was happening. For example, if a Hunter started shooting me with a bow, I had to quickly switch to lion form and charge at the hunter, or if a rogue started hitting me I had to switch to bear form etc.

I only really quit because I thought the PVE was boring, and there weren't enough battlegrounds for me to play it solely for the PVP.

I never played WoW's PVP, but all of the WoW players on WAR that I talked to like the PVP on WAR way more than WoW.

The scenarios are very fun, and they are working very hard on making open RVR a lot better (battlefield objectives/keep seiges/etc). PVP adds another dynamic to the game and allows players to get experience and renown points to advance their character without just trudging through PVE all day. The game is honestly made for PVP'ers, and anyone who liked DAoC will love WAR. However, the PVE become a bit stagnant in tier3/4, but I am sure with some player feedback and some patches, all of that will change.

I definitely think the game is worth checking out. If you have any other questions, please PM me.

Thanks for all the info :)

It sounds like it might actually be something I would really like. I will probably give it a shot.

I Tried playing this Game, It Is super fun if PVP is your thing, but being the EQ nerd i am, Grinding IS NOT fun on it. Plain and simple

I have an Account that if someone wants it message me

Was excited for this game and then I cancelled my sub after the free month. This game is amazing - first MMORPG I ever played that got less fun as you leveled up! I might have stayed if I could have locked my exp at Tier 1 or 2. Didn't help that I played a healer, started off badass and then could barely keep up with my role in Tier 4.

Totally agreed. I played an Archmage on beta (which is basically the Order equivalent of the Disciple of Khaine). One time, when I was level 15, I met a similar level'ed DoK in a 1 on 1 PvP fight. It was a complete stalemate for a few minutes straight fighting. The way the battle and casting / healing system is, neither of us could have possibly killed one another. I think that this indicates a major flaw in the mechanics of the system. I finally had to just run off because it was pointless.

And then when the game launched, I played a Rune Priest to level 22. I agree with the quoted person that the game got progressively worse and worse the higher level I got. The PvP can be entertaining, but it's not enough to sell me on an entire game. I'm a type of player who enjoys at least a decent PvE which Warhammer completely lacks. The best way to level is to do quest after quest after quest. Constantly running around - do this task, get 5 of these, slay this guy, etc. It gets really freaking old fast. Sometimes in games, I like to just be able to sit down, take it easy, and do an old fashioned grind. There's none of that in Warhammer. Mobs are shit for exp, and most of the dropped loot is randomized.

There's a lot of other factors I hated that I don't really care to think of but as you can tell, I really hate that game, and I advise everyone to stay away from it. Oh yeah, and I loved DAoC and I was hoping for Warhammer to improve upon it. Sadly, that's just not the case for me.

Last edited:
I've played both WoW and Warhammer (although I've never reached past T2 content in Warhammer), and I really loathed WoW pvp, since it was extremely imbalanced, and just a matter of grinding it enough. From what I've seen in Warhammer, it has a lot more to do with teamwork and skills, although it might just be because I'm low level, still.
I'd never play Warhammer as my primary MMO, since while I find PvP fun, I live for PvE, and Warhammer doesn't really have it, but it's good fun to play when you get bored with whatever you else play.

27 Squig Herder on Gorfang and 24 Iron breaker on Monolith. Just getting started with SoD, so we'll see if my Mythic subscription lasts :keke:

@bounta
Archmage is the Shaman equivalent
Warrior Priest is the DoK
You could grind xp in PQs pretty decently if you had a group and AoE'd all the mobs, worked well if there were 2 close by so you could swap back and forth without having to wait on the reset.

i played beta for about a month and almost canceled my game...ended up getting it and play a lv20 DOK and then a lv29 WH. The game up to lv20 is just great...after that it had a really unfinished feel. You couldnt level pve without just flat out grinding, leveling solely with pvp was a total grindfest in 1 scenario (the other 5 didnt even give comparable XP/RR...and were constantly empty as a result), open world pvp consisted of 1-3 warbands rolling castle npcs in all the areas and then quitting. Most of the scenarios were fun, but it got old doing ton arvoc (and i hated the bauble fights anyway) or w/e over and over because the others were deserted.

When i played open beta i did some of the open pvp in T1/T2 and it was constantly packed with like 2-3 warbands per side and it was the most fun i had in pvp since shadowbane. Sadly i never saw anything close to that after launch, 1 side always just crushed the other...if anyone even showed up.

I think in a year the game might be good and it just got rushed out to soon. If they ever do like a "free week", i would suggest doing it because Tier1(lv1-11) was easily my favorite part of the game. I think i played every single class in the game to 10 except 2-3.

In WAR's defense, they are getting closer. Each patch makes it noticeably better, I've found. But as for PVE and grinding, it's just not that sort of game. I was hoping this would be my new main MMO, but EQ has its claws so deep in me that after two months of WAR I began searching for EMUs. Have yet to play SoD yet, but am waiting anxiously to get the anniversary edition in the mail and patch it up. If you want RvR, go WAR, but realize that that is what the game is all about. It almost doesn't even have an MMO feel to it, which I kinda think is going to be attractive to some non-traditional "MMO" players and unattractive to others who like the classics.

In WAR's defense, they are getting closer. Each patch makes it noticeably better, I've found. But as for PVE and grinding, it's just not that sort of game. I was hoping this would be my new main MMO, but EQ has its claws so deep in me that after two months of WAR I began searching for EMUs. Have yet to play SoD yet, but am waiting anxiously to get the anniversary edition in the mail and patch it up. If you want RvR, go WAR, but realize that that is what the game is all about. It almost doesn't even have an MMO feel to it, which I kinda think is going to be attractive to some non-traditional "MMO" players and unattractive to others who like the classics.

My Warhammer experience overall was very rewarding honestly, but my guild was the best PVE guild and PVP guild on my server of course that always helps. The RVR was very fun at times and as was the PVE both could be challenging and frustrating at times or a walk in the park depending on the circumstances. The only thing the game really lacked was enough over all game content and some better overall game balance for PVE and RVR in general. I plan to revisit it at some point probably after the choppa/slayer patch or darkness falls likeness dungeon goes into effect.

I've never played Warhammer yet but it seems like I keep hearing the same things over and over about it. That it was fun for awhile but then it got boring. Does anyone know if they are making changes to fix this aspect?

The best PvP game I've played to date is Pirates of the Burning Sea. Battles can last anywhere from 5 minutes to over an hour and it was always intense. The risk of losing your ship used to be pretty intense which helps to up the anti.

I went back to try the new classes (2 clones for each side since release), and was more meh than when I first played. There is honestly less used PvE content than before since the glut of lowbie players has moved on, so it was hard to do many of the Public Quests (and those were pretty much the best PvE thing the game offered IMO). The RvR lakes have been revitalized though, so thats a good thing. Oh and of course the new classes seem overpowered compared to the old ones.

But as far as popular MMO's on the market today, I still think it has the best PvP available. You just have to really eat and drink PvP, cause thats where everyone else is.

*I still haven't made it past tier 2. Even after trying it twice.

hmm

Dont waste you time on warhammer its a terrible game. I played from beta til a month ago and its just bad. At first its fun but the end game is just horid. If you love playing alts you might enjoy the game. Once you start doing battles with 20 or so people involved the game lags so bad. So espically at end game when thee s hundreds from each side you cant even move. The damage in the game is all about AoE dmg. If you are not an Aoe dmg class or a healer you are terrible basically. Slayers Choppas sorcs and BWs are the only good offensive classes now.

This i just my point of view you might like it but i think it was terrible.

I played WAR. 40 DoK (dual-wielding melee/support healer), a 20-some-odd Sorcerer (sick AoE nukes), and a lowbie witch elf & witch hunter. It was a blast while it lasted, RvR in scenarios were fun when they were not a complete one-sided battle. Open RvR was a lot of fun. City raids were rather lame and became item-farms. The whole raid chest loot reward system was broken and really should have been fixed in beta.

In the end, I stopped enjoying the game because my guildmates were burning out from grinding RvR, and no one on my server would bother to defend keeps when Order & Chaos could take turns PvEing the battlefields for RvR and lewts. I played on Volkmar mainly, where Order dominated but Chaos had the world first city battle in Order's city.

Back
Top Bottom