Warhammer

I am trying to budget time between SoD and Warhammer. Right now my server is extremely populated and we have raided Altdorf twice in the last 2 days. Almost 3 times this week. I am really enjoying it now because of the population increase, lower tiers have people in PVE and RVR as well. I wish the tradeskills were better though. Talisman Making is awesome but the cap is 200 and I capped it before I reached Rank 22.

I am trying to budget time between SoD and Warhammer. Right now my server is extremely populated and we have raided Altdorf twice in the last 2 days. Almost 3 times this week. I am really enjoying it now because of the population increase, lower tiers have people in PVE and RVR as well. I wish the tradeskills were better though. Talisman Making is awesome but the cap is 200 and I capped it before I reached Rank 22.

If you raided altdorf nearly three times in one week, it sounds like the games blatantly unbalanced or the empires are population wise. I played it in beta and
on release and thought it was crap. The pvp dungeons were the most compelling part of the game then they f-ed those up.

If you raided altdorf nearly three times in one week, it sounds like the games blatantly unbalanced or the empires are population wise. I played it in beta and
on release and thought it was crap. The pvp dungeons were the most compelling part of the game then they f-ed those up.

It'd be hard to explain the current state of the game but I'll try anyway.

Both sides are pretty equal in power on my server, they pushed us back to IC on saturday for example. The thing is before the patch that just went in, Mythic blatantly supported Order a tad more because most of the devs play order. They finally nerfed some of the bugs that order was abusing and we were able to push them back multiple times because they did not have bugs/other things to hold us back. (Rain of Fire was bugged and Order would use a Keep Door Heal bug to keep it up) They also nerfed classes that have been Overpowered since release which are order based. Its really hard to explain unless you've been playing. The only reason they pushed us back to IC on saturday is because of a really nice output of force by them. There was over 300 of them in one zone running us over. It was a sight indeed. But by no means are the populations unbalanced, just some bugs/skills were fixed/nerfed to actually make the game more fair and because order was relying on those bugs/skills we were able to ram them easily in the beginning of this patch.

I Tried playing this Game, It Is super fun if PVP is your thing, but being the EQ nerd i am, Grinding IS NOT fun on it. Plain and simple

I have an Account that if someone wants it message me

My sentiments exactly, the grinding was no fun (oh bring me a white wolf fang, oh theres the white wolf, oh 1st kill drops loot? ok, quest complete, nice! now repeat for every quest and you wonder why they dont make you click one button that says "complete quest" once you agree to do them)

PVP is very fun, but if you like SoD, and you dont like WoW, dont even waste your time.... (IMO)
That and every time it patches (recently) it breaks peoples computers..... (You have gotten better at Customer Service! (101)

I tried Warhammer on release....when a pvp scenario goes into play and you have 5+ BWizards tearing apart every class they see, its not fun. Gave that shit up after a month.

The pvp really was the best part of it.

A pal of mine still plays and is in a high end guild on some server. I must admit, the 500+ v 500+ mass castle sieges that he shows me, are just not at all appealing to me. It amounts to healers spam healing and spam rezzing while everyone else throws there bodies at the front line, while AE bombs carpet everything. For hours.

The instanced PvP I liked, as it was actually fun and fairly balanced in the first couple tiers, but when your 1 of 500, what exactly is your contribution worth?

Totally agreed. I played an Archmage on beta (which is basically the Order equivalent of the Disciple of Khaine). One time, when I was level 15, I met a similar level'ed DoK in a 1 on 1 PvP fight. It was a complete stalemate for a few minutes straight fighting. The way the battle and casting / healing system is, neither of us could have possibly killed one another. I think that this indicates a major flaw in the mechanics of the system. I finally had to just run off because it was pointless.

And then when the game launched, I played a Rune Priest to level 22. I agree with the quoted person that the game got progressively worse and worse the higher level I got. The PvP can be entertaining, but it's not enough to sell me on an entire game. I'm a type of player who enjoys at least a decent PvE which Warhammer completely lacks. The best way to level is to do quest after quest after quest. Constantly running around - do this task, get 5 of these, slay this guy, etc. It gets really freaking old fast. Sometimes in games, I like to just be able to sit down, take it easy, and do an old fashioned grind. There's none of that in Warhammer. Mobs are shit for exp, and most of the dropped loot is randomized.

There's a lot of other factors I hated that I don't really care to think of but as you can tell, I really hate that game, and I advise everyone to stay away from it. Oh yeah, and I loved DAoC and I was hoping for Warhammer to improve upon it. Sadly, that's just not the case for me.

I'm sure your knowledge on a game you managed to reach level 22 in where the max level is 40 and level 22 a player could reach in weekend if they wanted to fairly easily insightful. I'm sure anyone looking for a realistic review on the game will take to heart your review on game you put barely any effort what so ever into.

Further more questing isn't "the best way" to level in Warhammer PQ grinding with a solid group or war band of players is generally the fastest method of leveling additionally the influence rewards from PQ's are usually quite nice plus the chest loot from successfully completing a PQ are typically good as well. Warhammer is very leisurely friendly to especially given the competitive nature of the game itself. It's more leisurely than even WoW is in a lot of ways so please stop spewing false crap on the matter.

Loot from generic mobs is randomized based upon the level of the mob big deal complain more it's the same damn way in WoW, but I guess if you'd gotten some fine steel or other useless loot pretty much throughout the level process it would be preferable?

Epic lawl clearly you know a lot about the overall game mechanics based on a 1v1 encounter of a melee healer vs a melee healer at low rank because it ended in a stalemate. Have you never seen two clerics with a lot of FT and low DPS duel in EQ/SoD? Fairly evenly matched evenly played healer stalemate's don't equal broken game mechanics they equal sensible game mechanics the same thing could happen in WoW/UO and probably a half dozen other MMO's.

Warhammer had some of the best PVE I've ever come across end game they just required a group of players that know how to work together. The game is very very solo friendly, but a good team of players is by far ideal. It's a team centric MMO through and through. If your not a team player then Warhammer will probably not be a great experience.

The few lacking parts to Warhammer for me seemed to be a greater abundance of PVE raid content available. The raid content that is around itself was great though. Additionally open realm vs realm in general particularly sieges fights and primarily fortress sieges fights at that needed to be improvements back when I stopped playing in mid December they were very laggy and the server itself was unstable and would crash during them. I know and am certain that some of that have at least improved since then.

As far as my Warhammer credentials go I played from release up to mid December and was apart of the top Chaos PVE/SC guild on Kragg/Ungrim one which now resides on Iron Rock due to a server merger. I played a DoK to R40/RR42 did all R40 PQ events and all PVE raid content up through the end of Lost Vale. I stopped shortly after due to lack of additional PVE raid content due in large part to the fortress siege roadblock because it was it was laggy and unstable the server would crash when you'd attempt to take a fortress due to the sheer number of players on both sides fighting. Outside of fortress sieges the game could be very very fun if you enjoy working with a team of competent players like I had the pleasure of doing so during my stay in the game.

For any that consider trying to game and wish to play Chaos I'd strongly consider look into playing on Iron Rock and trying to become a part of Twist of Fate.

My character profile
https://realmwar.warhammeronline.com/realmwar/CharacterInfo.war?id=224077&server=196

ToF website
http://www.tofguild.org/

Back
Top Bottom