Upper Thaz Reevaluation

It would be cool if the people that are way past the content (and thus have nothing constructive to add [Not speaking to the pullers's corner here]) would stop trolling here.

As it is now, Upper Thaz is much harder than all the T9 fights we have done (Bloodfire wing, War Scholars), and have the feeling it's a little overboard. If it's supposed to be that way, so be it.

And to answer Dimmi, thaz isn't supposed to be a forgotten zone. It just has to be put in line with the other zones. If they want people to forget about it, they might as well erase it.

It would be cool if the people that are way past the content (and thus have nothing constructive to add [Not speaking to the pullers's corner here]) would stop trolling here.

As it is now, Upper Thaz is much harder than all the T9 fights we have done (Bloodfire wing, War Scholars), and have the feeling it's a little overboard. If it's supposed to be that way, so be it.

And to answer Dimmi, thaz isn't supposed to be a forgotten zone. It just has to be put in line with the other zones. If they want people to forget about it, they might as well erase it.

If you honestly think anything in thaz other than Big Blue himself is harder than Scorith, you're tripping. Scorith requires more coordination than any single fight in all of UT :psyduck:

Also, do undercity. It's about the same difficulty. And gosh, who knew loot should be appropriate for how hard something is!

UT is now harder than Scorith in every way except for the amount of not-fucking-up required.

We've found Scorith to be easier than any UT boss (not minis). Of course it could be only us but the post above mine kinda says otherwise...

No we haven't done UC yet and I'd love to. New content is always good.

We've found Scorith to be easier than any UT boss (not minis). Of course it could be only us but the post above mine kinda says otherwise...

No we haven't done UC yet and I'd love to. New content is always good.

Scorith is 100% harder than nashtav and water boss. Sure water boss is less box friendly now but it's really not -hard- it's just can you react more quickly. Nashtav is nearly the same fight. I don't remember what changed on UT earth, but I don't remember it being any harder as far as the bosses were concerned, just trash being more annoying. Haven't even tried air since the changes because no one even cared about the loot before the change.

If it wasn't for people who were past thaz content, you'd be left with rekzer =\

I didn't say forget about thaz, I'm just sayin, there's all this content on the same tier-ish, just dying to be killed. Forget thaz? no, remember everything other than thaz? yup!

Scorith is 100% harder than nashtav and water boss. Sure water boss is less box friendly now but it's really not -hard- it's just can you react more quickly. Nashtav is nearly the same fight. I don't remember what changed on UT earth, but I don't remember it being any harder as far as the bosses were concerned, just trash being more annoying. Haven't even tried air since the changes because no one even cared about the loot before the change.

How are any of those not incredibly easy for your guild? What is your scaling system? Scorith was very easy for us to kill but UT bosses were very-very easy?

All that aside this thread is about Upper Thaz as a whole, the main issue is on the trash. I would personally agree that Scorith is a far easier kill compared to UT (especially if your considering the time spent from starting clearing to killing named) but killing the named alone isnt what this is all about.

If Amicii was the only guild having these issues with Upper Thaz then I wouldnt even be bringing this up. For all intents and purposes it has just become a wing for Bane to backyear in.

Nilaat I would imagine.

If the entire raid force is geared as well as Nilaat, then Amicii should have no issues dealing with UT. What i've found numerous times, is that many guilds will just overgear a MT and advance as fast as they can without gearing the rest of their raid force. Not saying this is the case here, but just pointing it out.

If the entire raid force is geared as well as Nilaat, then Amicii should have no issues dealing with UT. What i've found numerous times, is that many guilds will just overgear a MT and advance as fast as they can without gearing the rest of their raid force. Not saying this is the case here, but just pointing it out.

Who are you in-game ?

That salarus guy is a real dick. Also I sadly agree and half expect to log in and who all thaz to see a third of the raid is actually 200 aa rangers pretending to be tier 8 from half the whining this subject has brought up. I'm not even trying to be a troll but :psyduck:

Last edited:
Who are you in-game ?

Irrelevant to the conversation, but Salarus, Zatik, Lobsang, Zecceriah etc etc etc. I quit playing though. If you want my full resume regarding SoD experience, i'll be more than happy to send it to your inbox attached with a nice cover letter, and scratch and sniff paper.

More relevant to the conversation, that slut who calls himself Otcho (and is related to Ochah) really is just further expanding what I was alluding to. Raid forces are become more and more a handful of core players, and a plethora of half geared, low aa/tomed players.

Granted, guilds lose players over time, and pick up lower geared ones in many cases. If your guild loses a ton of key players, don't be suprised if you were formely t9 and have to drop down a few tiers to back gear before you can kill the same shit you used to.

Irrelevant to the conversation, but Salarus, Zatik, Lobsang, Zecceriah etc etc etc. I quit playing though. If you want my full resume regarding SoD experience, i'll be more than happy to send it to your inbox attached with a nice cover letter, and scratch and sniff paper.

More relevant to the conversation, that slut who calls himself Otcho (and is related to Ochah) really is just further expanding what I was alluding to. Raid forces are become more and more a handful of core players, and a plethora of half geared, low aa/tomed players.

Granted, guilds lose players over time, and pick up lower geared ones in many cases. If your guild loses a ton of key players, don't be suprised if you were formely t9 and have to drop down a few tiers to back gear before you can kill the same shit you used to.

don't really care about your resume. I just wanted to put a name on the account. You post actively, was just curious. thx.

Also, the phenomenon you described in your post seems to be pretty rampant.

Last edited:
Certain encounters are harder for certain guilds due to the way its designed. UT water sux for boxing, if you don't want to deal with it, don't do it. The same could be said about most of LT/UT: tailor your strategy/approach to your raid/guild and things will become much easier.

Scorinth being "very easy" was not the way I remember amicii barely killing him after many raids of wipes, but even so, its just a matter of approaching him right based on your raid. And yes, guilds should really try all tier 8/9 encounters before saying a zone in that tier is too hard/easy.

I say these things because gear does matter, but to a VERY LIMITED extent, as long as your +/- a few tiers. TU wiped to folerit over and over last week. They have sanctum geared toons, should we then nerf folerit b/c hes wayyyyyyyyyyyy too hard? No, just do the encounter in a way that works for your raid.

p.s. someone kill UT Air please.

Last edited:
Scorinth being "very easy" was not the way I remember amicii barely killing him after many raids of wipes, but even so, its just a matter of approaching him right based on your raid. And yes, guilds should really try all tier 8/9 encounters before saying a zone in that tier is too hard/easy.

You misread what I said:

How are any of those not incredibly easy for your guild? What is your scaling system? Scorith was very easy for us to kill but UT bosses were very-very easy?

The 'very easy' and 'very-very easy' was me asking Thade what his scaling system for those fights were. But since you mention it, no it took us 4-5 attempts spread over 2 seperate days (we did him at the end of our raid the first day and ran out of time) to kill him.

TU wiped to folerit over and over last week. They have sanctum geared toons, should we then nerf folerit b/c hes wayyyyyyyyyyyy too hard? No, just do the encounter in a way that works for your raid.

No, but Folerit wasnt recently changed and has since only been done by over tiered backgearing raids. Say whatever you want but you all did Thaz in easy mode, we're not asking to putt it back in easy mode like everyone else had it for what 2-3years. We're just suggesting it be toned down a bit, even just a change in the mez to reflect the bigger role it plays would be a good balance and fair.

Back
Top Bottom