Upcoming spell changes

Actually let me ask about necro res - I have a necro alt but never play it. What's the recast/cooldown time? It's not so much showing up the other classes, but given that it costs a (pricy) component, perhaps it's worth making a case to shorten that too, I'm not sure.

Not able to get into game atm but according to the spell parser,

Convergence
Mana Cost: 700
Cast Time: 6.0 seconds
Recast Time: 20.0
Range: 200
Reagents: Ruby (1)
Classes: NEC(53)

Actually let me ask about necro res - I have a necro alt but never play it. What's the recast/cooldown time? It's not so much showing up the other classes, but given that it costs a (pricy) component, perhaps it's worth making a case to shorten that too, I'm not sure.
Shorter recast could help a bit. I do often find myself waiting on a grey spell gem to send that "res inc" tell to Hooo so she can zone in and res everyone else while I go make a snack.

Clerics/druids are probably a bigger impact on the overall wipe recovery. Maybe I'm just selfish with my rubies, as infrequently as they're actually consumed with reag con, but I typically only res clerics, or clerics and druids.

Shorter recast could help a bit. I do often find myself waiting on a grey spell gem to send that "res inc" tell to Hooo so she can zone in and res everyone else while I go make a snack.

Clerics/druids are probably a bigger impact on the overall wipe recovery. Maybe I'm just selfish with my rubies, as infrequently as they're actually consumed with reag con, but I typically only res clerics, or clerics and druids.

I tend to try and race the other rezzers to compare numbers (probably due to the recast heh) when I actually am boxing/playing my necro on a raid but maybe I'm just *different*. More or less I pretend I am a cleric with a lifeward with a longer recast that sometimes steals my precious gems.

Last edited:
natureward and shroud of nightmares doesnt stack were ravenward and nightmares does. not sure if theres a reason behind this but kinda stinks when you have no more raven clickies and you have to pick between your tap and natureward...

Highly excited about Group Divine Benevolence, but I must admit I was astonished to find nobody took the chance to give it a niftier name than simply Group Divine Benevolence! o_O I thought for sure someone would whip out the thesaurus to have a whack at naming it something like Fount of Benevolence, Sacrament of Divinity, Communion, Benevolent Chorus, Hymn of Renaissance, etc. Regardless, this is a great quality of life improvement. ;)

By the way, I'm already noticing less "GoE please" comments in raid chat!

Highly excited about Group Divine Benevolence, but I must admit I was astonished to find nobody took the chance to give it a niftier name than simply Group Divine Benevolence! o_O I thought for sure someone would whip out the thesaurus to have a whack at naming it something like Fount of Benevolence, Sacrament of Divinity, Communion, Benevolent Chorus, Hymn of Renaissance, etc. Regardless, this is a great quality of life improvement. ;)

By the way, I'm already noticing less "GoE please" comments in raid chat!

Eucharist of Gnomercy & Gnoquarter

just make all reasonable buffs be like 999mins or something, screw having to rebuff all the time.
But... But nickel and diming a system that nobody enjoys is all we got. Think of all the fond memories buffing in athica you would deny people! How about all buffs SB by default and SB AA now makes buffs permanent? Added bonus- enchanters get a new AA for that one illusion AA they currently have.

But... But nickel and diming a system that nobody enjoys is all we got. Think of all the fond memories buffing in athica you would deny people! How about all buffs SB by default and SB AA now makes buffs permanent? Added bonus- enchanters get a new AA for that one illusion AA they currently have.

Not having to deal with long term buffs would be just awesome. I'm not sure we will ever get to that point but it is nice to think about.

I can not recall the last time I have done anything without the best possible long term buffs in the correct order (fuck you Thade for making me OCD about buff order).

I feel like this is something that should really be looked into.

Would the game change if every long term buff was permanent and soul bound?
Would the loss of one of the most hated mechanic in the game, dispell, no longer doing anything really change difficult of any boss?

Buff Duration on gear could just be removed from the game.
Perhaps buff duration AAs could be turned into buff potency with a very small percentage. Basically adding 3-5% betterer buffs.

Last edited:
natureward and shroud of nightmares doesnt stack were ravenward and nightmares does. not sure if theres a reason behind this but kinda stinks when you have no more raven clickies and you have to pick between your tap and natureward...

Slot 7: ATK

Not having to deal with long term buffs would be just awesome. I'm not sure we will ever get to that point but it is nice to think about.

I can not recall the last time I have done anything without the best possible long term buffs in the correct order (fuck you Thade for making me OCD about buff order).

I feel like this is something that should really be looked into.

Would the game change if every long term buff was permanent and soul bound?
Would the loss of one of the most hated mechanic in the game, dispell, no longer doing anything really change difficult of any boss?

Buff Duration on gear could just be removed from the game.
Perhaps buff duration AAs could be turned I to buff potency with a very small percentage. Basically adding 3-5% betterer buffs.

QoL seems to be a focus of the staff lately, which is great and very appreciated. I think Kedrins suggestion is pretty reasonable.

Last edited:
not sure if this thread is still a thing but what about adding ultravision to the combine BP buff? thatd be cool

Back
Top Bottom