Tiers 1-3 loot

Not cast dots, because "shaman never got below like 97% mana" and you can oom any shaman from JUST dpsing, and obviously you need to be doing some healing as well.

=p

Could make all those loots tradeable to some collector NPC who eventually gives you something else in return. Or even trade for faction of some kind.

What about adding an item that can be traded in for whatever your highest tier bounty hunting status token is?

Raid mobs could be considered pretty big bounties.

IMO expable Loot would be the best option. If it wasn't for a few Giggly School girls members and their 4am raids my paladin with 550+ AA's would still have about 4.5k hps unbuffed. Considering the amount of time I spent on my paladin and my overall Low Tier loot I was able to get at wasn't evening out.

With Boxed Ringers Mid tier 4-7 Content is heavily farmed with people using retired tanks. Also as others have said the dropables and the amount of different pieces to chose from also make Tier 1-2 not worth doing. Why raid for 5 hours when you can farm plat in that time and buy them or scumm your way into a tier 5 raid and collect rots.

I'm not really saying anything no one hasn't said before but I wanted to agree with The expable Tier 1-3 Drops that can Exp a few levels and end up a tier or 2 higher in stats

Drop from Stasis Preserver 1/3 Gains
Slot: Wrist
AC: -5 (5)
STR: -5 DEX: -5 STA: -5 CHA: -5 WIS: -5 INT: -5 AGI: -5 (All +5) (+15hp/mana Gain)
Flowing Thought: +2
WT: 1.0 Size: Small
Class: CLR DRU SHM NEC WIZ MAG ENC BST
Race: ALL
Slot 1 type 3: empty

Maybe Take like 25 aa's worth per upgrade.

If nobody is using the low tier zones due to inflation it would make more sense to remove them and reuse them down the line.

Can easily make the old content "new and improved" by making hard-mode versions of the bosses, ala Parcelan, Mielech, Custo,etc.

Random example idea. Misery, Hunter of Souls. Have A Thing drop off, uh, Entropy trash or something. Turn it in to HoS after you engage and he becomes a tier 5 difficulty by hitting faster and harder, does an AOE between howls, something like that. After you kill it, a spirit spawns. Hand this spirit your old HoS loot for your new upgraded item. The idea would be people are encouraged to kill the low tier guys for some of the "cool but stats or whatever kinda suck" loot and come back later to upgrade them.

I like this idea

The OP's idea is the best idea in terms of creative clever thinking and whatnot. However I think this is the best actual solution:

If nobody is using the low tier zones due to inflation it would make more sense to remove them and reuse them down the line.

Yep buff it up to become higher tier content, and perhaps (in my dream world) tweak some of it to become 6 man raid dungeons. I find 6 man content to be the most fun, stuff like Emberflow, Catacombs, Cmal, that's my favourite way to spend time in SoD.

I sort of like the idea of turning it into 6 man Content. The only zone I could think of in the lower tiers that you could do this with is maybe Befalen(been a while I forget the SOD name)

I sort of like the idea of turning it into 6 man Content. The only zone I could think of in the lower tiers that you could do this with is maybe Befalen(been a while I forget the SOD name)

I think that's actually an extremely popular low tier place. Good loots for its tier, would be bad to take that away.

befallen is 6manned, even duo'd, often for vah quest :3

would be bad to turn this into a 6 man zone for sure. even though it is often duoed and grped by higher tiers this is a great starting zone for many first time SoD raiders a guilds. Drops stupid good loot for tier 2 and often times Relics aswell. The Mobs are not to complicated to figure out and arent all that hard. (i've duoed the second watcher took like 1 and a half to do it)

Not sure what you are whining about, it was one of the t6 and up xp zones prior to ikisith. And the xp is still solid. Cash is a bit weak, but its all undead. Paladins go! I'll even dps for you.

It's pretty clear that the kind of 6-man raid content (emberflow, catacombs, cmal) titanis and robots were suggesting we transform befallen into is not at all the kind of "6-man content" that befallen happens to be right now. Although I agree that befallen itself should stay as is, I would agree that insofar as the OP is correct (i.e. tier 1-3 loot/content superseded by BoE gear) we should think about replacing tier1-3 content with stuff like higher tier 6-man raid content.

The only problem with replacing T1-3 is where would ancients and the first relics drop? I know relics can be gotten by harder mobs but there are some like Warp and Plaguefang that can drop relics iirc, and ther are not needed for T4+ but definitely makes it easier if your guild has a couple from places like torment, warp, PF, etc.

The only problem with replacing T1-3 is where would ancients and the first relics drop? I know relics can be gotten by harder mobs but there are some like Warp and Plaguefang that can drop relics iirc, and ther are not needed for T4+ but definitely makes it easier if your guild has a couple from places like torment, warp, PF, etc.
Treasure maps, field of bone events, or drop rates tweaked amongst whatever tier 1-3 content remains

Leave those types of mobs alone..Gnok, AWT, ART, Plaquefang, Warp, DHK and the giant city. were talking dungeons that have no real lore that conencides with the rest of the game

Back
Top Bottom