The un-used class 3 tomes

Gargate

Dalayan Elder
These have been around for close to a decade and still not implemented .

Even if they're near useless they need to be either have something finally done with them or just taken off the drop/loot tables because they're little more than vendor trash.

People that post "thinking of playing again" threads should lose Suggestions & Requests privileges for a month until they've learned of all the new things they've missed.

People that post "thinking of playing again" threads should lose Suggestions & Requests privileges for a month until they've learned of all the new things they've missed.

Thats gonna fall under a fallacy.

Very little has changed in the last 4 years further it doesn't change the fact that its been nearly a decade with nothing done with them except what one or two out of 12. Lets not forget class tomes are old content.

I see your point, and wasn't trying to mock you.

My point is, you can't look at the history of the books/effort put into things as a whole because it's just unrealistic. You say the last 4 years, but we all know very little got done before/during/after the 2.5 release because of the chaos it created.
I'd say more stuff has been added in this past one year than the previous 3 combined, so gotta give credit where it's due. I am sure this new tome will be a kickstarter for the rest.

I see your point, and wasn't trying to mock you.

My point is, you can't look at the history of the books/effort put into things as a whole because it's just unrealistic. You say the last 4 years, but we all know very little got done before/during/after the 2.5 release because of the chaos it created.
I'd say more stuff has been added in this past one year than the previous 3 combined, so gotta give credit where it's due. I am sure this new tome will be a kickstarter for the rest.

Ehh, hopefully.

While I havent activly played in the last 4~ years I have read the patch notes, checked the forums and logged in every so often to see whats changed, fixed or tweeked.

I just feel that the 3rd tomes fall under a "shit or get off the pot" sorta thing. Even if what gets implemented is incredibly minor that would be good. Or they can use one of the many good ideas posted by players over the years.

If they are actively being worked on just hearing feed back addressing it would be good.

Last edited:
Good, 1 out of 12 in nearly 10 years is a start I guess.....

You're not wrong, but the point Emzur and I are trying to make is that stuff is happening now in a way that makes most of the inactivity in recent years mostly irrelevant for this sort of discussion. It's not as if this new tome indicates that we should expect another in about 9 or 10 years (hopefully, heh).

Backend fixes are now allowing for time and effort to be put into content (tomes). One is visible, the other is not.

You're not wrong, but the point Emzur and I are trying to make is that stuff is happening now in a way that makes most of the inactivity in recent years mostly irrelevant for this sort of discussion. It's not as if this new tome indicates that we should expect another in about 9 or 10 years (hopefully, heh).

Hopefully they don't fall under the "it's so and so's content so it can't be touched unless they give consent."

So many broken and unfinished quests because of that.

I personaly know a handful of people that were doing dev work in years past. They went through and had everything ready for a fair amount of new and or fixed/finished content just for it to not happen due to red tape.

Kinda why I made this thread its long past time to do something/anything with them even if its something as lame as making it to where your character doesnt get hungry and thirsty as fast (like innante metabolism but thirst as well). They could always change it later (example old RNG tracking tome).

Barring that until they do have something going for them it would be better for those getting them as drops to not have them on the loot table taking up space an actual tome could have dropped in.

Backend fixes are now allowing for time and effort to be put into content (tomes). One is visible, the other is not.

Shrug, Ive know/known several Gm's and devs through the years , played from 09-14 and was a 2.5 beta tester for a bit. Im pretty aware of the backend work.

My point is it would probably be better imo to take them off the drop tables until they actually get implemented .

Until then they just take up a drop that could have been a worth while tome.

You can't tell me anyone is happy when they get a "rogue tome 3 ii" instead of say a critical evo ii or really any expable ii.

Except when they're eventually implemented people will complain they have to scramble to get them? Class 2s also aren't on the same table as tome 2s and if its a class 3 III/IV it can still be tokened like any junk opus. I fail to understand your complaint past a pretty short sighted 'this isn't immediately useful to me'. If you want to gripe they haven't been implemented yet fine whatever but taking them off the table entirely is not a good option.

I highly doubt you've been overwhelmed with placeholder tomes in the week you've considered playing again. They reduced the drop rate significantly, if not entirely on the placeholder tomes. Refer to my first post; it'd be best to form a constructive thread rather than complain it's been x years since you've gotten what you've wanted. Tome structure has been completely reworked recently in regards to which tomes you get, how you get them, and where you get them from.

I highly doubt you've been overwhelmed with placeholder tomes in the week you've considered playing again. They reduced the drop rate significantly, if not entirely on the placeholder tomes. Refer to my first post; it'd be best to form a constructive thread rather than complain it's been x years since you've gotten what you've wanted. Tome structure has been completely reworked recently in regards to which tomes you get, how you get them, and where you get them from.

You act as if Im argueing for myself......

Except when they're eventually implemented people will complain they have to scramble to get them? Class 2s also aren't on the same table as tome 2s and if its a class 3 III/IV it can still be tokened like any junk opus. I fail to understand your complaint past a pretty short sighted 'this isn't immediately useful to me'. If you want to gripe they haven't been implemented yet fine whatever but taking them off the table entirely is not a good option.

To temporarily remove them was only one option I listed and the worst case scenario......

Also the part about not immediately accessible lol, I've had the 3rd ranger tome rotting in my bank for 6-7 years.

Others have had tomes in bank longer.

Back
Top Bottom