The Rust - a minor suggestion

Crynel

Dalayan Elder
I tend to solo a lot in rust and i have been meaning to bring this up before but kept forgetting to until now.

in both the robot and rustwatcher sections of the outside area there are (shopkeeper) mobs in certain areas that possibly need some adjustment. Currently they are Blue-cons, attack you on sight, and offer zero loot and exp when killed. i find that to be a bit off so here are some suggestions:

1.) make them green cons so they dont aggro unless attacked (or if you sit next to them for some reason)

2.) have them give exp (probably less than normal mobs of their area as they have no abilities and just melee and are fairly weak. and maybe coin drops similar to their area or possibly more to encourage clearing to those areas.

3.) change them entirely to actual mobs or remove them entirely.

Merchants are hard coded to never give exp or a corpse. I like the fact that they are merchants that sell to their faction, though.

Easiest thing would be to give them very low aggro ranges so you can avoid them. Will look into that in the next week.

Merchants are hard coded to never give exp or a corpse. I like the fact that they are merchants that sell to their faction, though.

Easiest thing would be to give them very low aggro ranges so you can avoid them. Will look into that in the next week.

yeah that could work as well. the main reason why i end up killing them is because they social with the trash nearby.

low aggro range would work i reckon, but wouldn't a one way ticket to green town work mo' better?
elds respawn- yes. for a zone that basically every character ends up farming the respawn is a bit slow. the one roamer at the entrance has the right idea... at least for mobs up to the graveyard, probably too fast for the castle.

Rust: I agree, just make them green, non-social, problem solved.
Elds: Just speed up the whole zone, imo. And maybe make the undead drop them, so there would be a point to killing them, instead of slinking past.

Rust: I agree, just make them green, non-social, problem solved.
Elds: Just speed up the whole zone, imo. And maybe make the undead drop them, so there would be a point to killing them, instead of slinking past.

I feel the castle area is fine for an on tier group though, the entry of the zone and such since the mobs are easier could be sped up a bit perhaps.

When I was fresh 65 i put in some AAs doing the entrance area of elds. As a healer/tank duo, respawn was good. If we added another fresh 65 it was usually still ok. Once I added more than that we ran out of mobs. The castle respawn timing is fine, unless you have a grossly over tier group or want to make it a multiple group area.

i did a lot of solo elds entrance farming because i play at weird times and smell too funny for people to want to group with me. the first time around was with a necro and clearing up to the zombie roamer was usually a fairly low downtime rotation. later i hit elds with a bard/druid and downtime was ridiculous, usually clearing up to the gy before the roamer even popped then having to afk for long periods of time as the castle entrance was a bit too much damage for the bard to handle at the time. these were not good characters and i am not a very good player so i can only imagine the annoyance others experience. just matching the repops to that one roamer would be totally tits.
adding amulets to the undead beneath the castle would help too.

or perhaps add something to mobs in cata for the ath neck, kinda like the orc ears in everchill for the newport neck, and leave elds mostly the way it is. That way elds wouldn't be quite so much a bottleneck of medal farming, and it would lessen the dependence on the zone for folks that outclass the respawn time. Although even then I could see it being lessened some up front. The way it is now, pre-castle isn't really a viable option for a group unless maybe it's a pre-65 group. It's not like the Athica neck would suddenly not be a big pain in the ass, heh.

I'd push more for medals in cata since I think pre-castle serves an okay purpose (new 65 xp, easy duo stuff). I certainly wouldn't be opposed to a spawn increase though. My ranger is like t6-ish with bad AA and could consistently wait on repops even with my half assed kiting and take unneeded damage.

Back
Top Bottom