Swift like the Wind and Empower

huey

Dalayan Elder
Gonna beat a dead horse and try this one last time. So while sitting in Athica blabbing in /gu I just had my relatively fresh soulbound empower overwritten by a shaman that was running around casting it on everyone, I can only guess to be a dick and have happen what just happened to me. I got annoyed, came here, did a search for the last time a thread about the swift/emp overwrite was made, and saw it was me in like April, lol... So:

Is it possible to fix the fact that swift like the wind overwrites empower? I know it's been brought up before (didn't look very hard at all, but didn't see anything since 2009). Swift has the same haste % as emp (60%), but that's all it has. Emp also has 57 agi, 85-86 AC, 10 sta "regen". Chanters get emp at lv 64. (all info according to the wiki so I guess it's possible some numbers could be a little off...) Should a lesser spell they get at lv 49 (shaman get it at 63) overwrite it? Thanks for any consideration.

I'll also point out that swift last 16 minutes, while Emp lasts 3 hours, making the overwrite that much worse (actually, that's the worst part.....if swift's duration wasn't so short I personally probably wouldn't care that much....maybe that's for another s&r thread, heh). Anyway, just figured it was worth another shot.

(actually, that's the worst part.....if swift's duration wasn't so short I personally probably wouldn't care that much....maybe that's for another s&r thread, heh).
Not to derail but please make that thread. Short duration buffs drive me INSANE

someone appears to have raised the time on the eleventy shaman buffs that last @ 20 minutes. i assume this was slaariel. very nice, thanks. those were terrible.

This problem does not really make sense, especially since GoE and Emp no longer overwrite, why is it lower versions of the haste only spell still have compatibility issues?

PS +1 to getting rid of 15 minute buffs for spells over say level 35-40

This problem does not really make sense, especially since GoE and Emp no longer overwrite, why is it lower versions of the haste only spell still have compatibility issues?

PS +1 to getting rid of 15 minute buffs for spells over say level 35-40

yes, make it so i can cunning every group in my raid and have savagery on all the mellee and tanks muahahahah! although i wouldn't mind having the durations and CDs lengthened.... i don't even care if i still have to leave them on bar. i just hate twisting savagery between 2 ppl every time the gem pops, cunning isn't so bad.

if it a stacking issue that cant be fixed make it jailable... although being a dick is already jailable... so PROBLEM SOLVED! at least by my logic.

Back
Top Bottom