Struggling pet classes

Just curious, but about give pet classes a divine benevolence type spell that was 100% chance to heal but would stun the pet for 6 seconds and put a 20min duration and 25min recast? should give it enough time to use on each raid encounter.

Hmm, I was trying to find a post about the pets using focus items, but I stumbled upon this one. So if y'all could tell me about that, then that would be cool, too.

But, I am just going to toss in my two cents.

As a mage, Jeanval, I agree that a pet's survivalbility is kind of low. The idea that Zaela proposed about the static inventory seemed really interesting, and I agree there are lots of fun items to be found across iksith. War-worn shield and renu's harasser is combo I enjoy quite a bit.

The suggestion that I am going to toss in, will not solve the problem but it may alleviate it some, also to me it seems like it should be included. A mix of some of the suggestions made in the thread as a whole is probably the best course. Also, if I am wrong I apologize, I am speaking from my understanding which is not always the best.

There is a whole line of pet tomes, that can help with resists, and ac, and stuff like that. I will soon start those, but why not let some of the normal tomes effect pets as well. Tome of avoidance, bodily resilience. Those would add a little mitigation and alleviate the problem somewhat. The reason for the idea is due to the AA Elemental Mastery

Elemental Mastery - This ability will allow your pet to gain the full advantage from AA abilities that affect your ability to hit and be hit in combat, as well as score critical blasts with spells.

Because as a mage, leveling up I got those AAs and my pet survived a little better. Since tomes are an extension of the AAs, they should also effect my pet some. Maybe not all the tomes, but if the dev's thought pets needed more resist, they could allow that tome when finished go over at a full ratio, though if the pet tome was done, he already benefits from the caster gaining resists.

But, that would allow mitigation, without creating any new items. Also, could give the mage pets a little mitigation starting off initially, it would allow people to extend that as they go through the tiers.

**Edited, because i accidently hit the enter key while typing** Also spelling

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom